3500 calories burn a day

Options
2»

Replies

• 0ysterboy
    0ysterboy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I *think* I had a 3000 cal burn doing a 3hr triathlon once, but no way I could do that on consecutive days never mind making it a regular workout goal.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Norjope wrote: »
    3500 calories burn a day

I can do that in a metric century ride, easy.

rt9ko1rva3mf.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    That's a little under my average TDEE when I'm training fairly consistently...

...but I still don't understand the question...

...or lack of question.

Was there a question?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ETA: And if we're just talking about exercise in addition to pre-exercise TDEE, then a backpacking day would get me there.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Norjope wrote: »
    3500 calories burn a day

As directed exercise? 35mi run on the flat, significantly less distance on a hilly trail run. Last Saturday I did a 28 miler with just over a half mile of elevation and got 3500 (based on Garmin Connect). Couple of weeks ago I did a 50K and got 3600 (from Garmin again), on a much flatter route.

If I look at my Strava record for the same runs I got 5500 for the 50K and the Marathon at the weekend is 4200.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I believe doing an Iron-Man competition may burn that much.... Or setting yourself on fire.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I can burn that in an hour between my vibration plate & IR sauna while relaxing and eating bon bons.......

And sippin' on ACV!

Don't forget to use your thigh master while sitting on the couch eating chips...
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Pittsburgh half marathon day

2hcsfjkxx7ae.png

I didn't even see that mentioned on KDKA. Ironic that it's UMPC in your app ad lol. I wish I could do the stuff you guys are doing but after an hour on the treadmill I'm in such pain that I can barely walk. I'd love to burn 3500 a day.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I can burn 2000+. Some days my TDEE is over 4k. 12 hour shift on my feet constantly walking and lifting a collective 35k pounds of product.
  • rusheed_dudhi
    rusheed_dudhi Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    I believe doing an Iron-Man competition may burn that much.... Or setting yourself on fire.

an ironman will be easily triple that - when i did IMChatt - overall it was close to 9000cal for the day (16hrs, 144.6 miles)
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

an ironman will be easily triple that - when i did IMChatt - overall it was close to 9000cal for the day (16hrs, 144.6 miles)

WOW!!!! I'm somewhere between the FoolsGold and TinFoilMan. Basically, trying hard, but I feel like I'm going to die at mile 1.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »
    Pittsburgh half marathon day

2hcsfjkxx7ae.png

I didn't even see that mentioned on KDKA. Ironic that it's UMPC in your app ad lol. I wish I could do the stuff you guys are doing but after an hour on the treadmill I'm in such pain that I can barely walk. I'd love to burn 3500 a day.

LOL. It was seeing the UPMC ad that told me it was a Pittsburgh person, before I even read the post. :D
  • deannalfisher
    Options

WOW!!!! I'm somewhere between the FoolsGold and TinFoilMan. Basically, trying hard, but I feel like I'm going to die at mile 1.

my favorite sign on the race course (4years later and i remember it) - was right as you crossed the bridge before you heading towards the finish line - maybe mile 24 of the marathon...it say, you just burned approximately 9000cal - that is 3000m&M's (so you better start eating)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options

my favorite sign on the race course (4years later and i remember it) - was right as you crossed the bridge before you heading towards the finish line - maybe mile 24 of the marathon...it say, you just burned approximately 9000cal - that is 3000m&M's (so you better start eating)

Plain or Peanut??
  • deannalfisher
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Plain or Peanut??

I’m a plain girl!

But tell me what you want and I’ll figure out a post immt reward
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Plain or Peanut??

I’m a plain girl!

But tell me what you want and I’ll figure out a post immt reward

Haha....Peanut!