Does my diary look ok

Options

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good. Fairly aggressive calorie deprivation, are you looking to lose a few pounds? You look fairly slim in your picture. The only thing I could possible add is less processed food where possible, more fresh greens, but on the balance pretty dern healthy. Best wishes.

What processed foods are you referring to I cook all home made foods :/
  • angelsja
    Options
    Seems like you have an awful lot of big deficits. I'd ask what your results have been, but it looks like you've only been logging for a week. If after a month or so you find you're losing weight faster than you should, or sooner if you find yourself unusually fatigued or unable to continue your workouts, you should consider reducing that deficit (either by eating more, exercising less, or a combination of the two.

Been logging since January actually averaging about a 1lb a week had some days off and put weight back on so would have been more if not
  • angelsja
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    does Tea mean something specific to you?
    was just curious if dinner was all logged under tea?
    I am also going to assume most will tell you to eat a bit more.
    Looks like you burn a pretty decent amount of calories and are not netting very much.
    What about water/drink intake?
    I for one suck at logged them but just checking.

"Tea" is used in the UK to refer to the evening meal. I believe that is where OP is from.

well it confused me as it said dinner as an entry and tea as an entry
    darn Americans :D:D

"Dinner" means the largest meal, it can be any time, most commonly lunch or supper. Tea is the evening meal.

To OP: It generally looks good to me, some days are a little too low for comfort, but there are days where you are eating all of your exercise calories so it should even out. One question: how are you calculating your exercise calories? The burns look suspiciously high. Not saying they aren't, just keep an eye on them and if you experience a stall in your weight loss for several weeks, consider that you may be over-estimating your exercise calories.

For now, don't change it if it isn't broken. If after a few weeks you notice you are losing too fast or too slow make changes in either direction accordingly.

I have my Fitbit synced I walk 90min every morning then 30min in the afternoon then I do T25 at night average 20k steps a day I rarely eat them all anyway :)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    does Tea mean something specific to you?
    was just curious if dinner was all logged under tea?
    I am also going to assume most will tell you to eat a bit more.
    Looks like you burn a pretty decent amount of calories and are not netting very much.
    What about water/drink intake?
    I for one suck at logged them but just checking.

"Tea" is used in the UK to refer to the evening meal. I believe that is where OP is from.

well it confused me as it said dinner as an entry and tea as an entry
    darn Americans :D:D

In some regions of the U.K. dinner would be the mid-day meal and the evening meal would be tea. UK, not US. Not sure why you say darn Americans.

because I am an American and didn't understand it.. hence the darn Americans.
  • angelsja
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    Looks pretty good. Fairly aggressive calorie deprivation, are you looking to lose a few pounds? You look fairly slim in your picture. The only thing I could possible add is less processed food where possible, more fresh greens, but on the balance pretty dern healthy. Best wishes.

Your diary has things like chips, hot sauce, bread, chocolate, protein bars, purchased custards/desserts, flavored water, pretzels, vegetable oil, and protein powder. These are all processed foods.

Note: I'm not saying there is anything wrong with eating these. You can lose weight while eating all of them.

I see you have a different definition of processes than me not sure where your getting pretzels from though lol I would class processed food as yes chips burgers ready meals etc but no big deal :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Your diary has things like chips, hot sauce, bread, chocolate, protein bars, purchased custards/desserts, flavored water, pretzels, vegetable oil, and protein powder. These are all processed foods.

Note: I'm not saying there is anything wrong with eating these. You can lose weight while eating all of them.

I see you have a different definition of processes than me not sure where your getting pretzels from though lol I would class processed food as yes chips burgers ready meals etc but no big deal :)

They're all foods that have undergone processing -- that's how I define "processed food." How do you think protein powder/bars and vegetable oil are made?

I saw an entry for chocolate pretzels, maybe I misunderstood what kind of food it was.
  • angelsja
    Options

They're all foods that have undergone processing -- that's how I define "processed food." How do you think protein powder/bars and vegetable oil are made?

I saw an entry for chocolate pretzels, maybe I misunderstood what kind of food it was.

Can you tell me where please as that's going to bug me?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

It was in your breakfast on Friday May 11th. I just looked up the food and saw that it is a flavored nut butter, not chocolate pretzels. Also looks to be pretty highly processed (not that it will impact you negatively, it's a neutral category to me).
  • angelsja
    Options

It was in your breakfast on Friday May 11th. I just looked up the food and saw that it is a flavored nut butter, not chocolate pretzels. Also looks to be pretty highly processed (not that it will impact you negatively, it's a neutral category to me).

Oh lol that would have bugged me for ages thanks
  • angelsja
    Options
    rdl81 wrote: »
    Hey, I would say there are some better choices you could make on your food chips (UK Chips not crisps) and Garlic Bread (bread with garlic - Peter Kay) They don't tend to be that filling for me I would try and eat more meat and then carb like rice. Also if you like eggs they are a good addition and cold are good snacks.

Only other thing I would say is about the exercise. I have never added this in and I just track without it and then if I am gaining/loosing too fast adjust the Kcal Target. I think its easier to be consistent this way If you are consistent with your exercise each week.

FIFY

I don't know what FIFY is?