Yay it’s working when ppl said it wouldn’t

Options
So I was moaning last week I have been working out for 2 weeks and nothing

This week I have lost 8lb and not changed my diet at all!

Everyone said it’s about diet and exercise doesn’t help lose weight but Iv done brilliant this week doing around 1 hour cardio and burning 500 calories 4 times a week!

Iv even pigged out big Time with crisps, pizza and cookies on my days off so yeah exercise does work!!!!

Replies

• equidivine
    equidivine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm it’s always worked for me. Exercise allows me to indulge you only live once. Iv been size 8-10 all my life and indulged just the last year I havnt had time to exercise hence the 3 stone pile on. I’m
    Now 30 so if it was gunna affect me then now would b it but seems to work for me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You can create a cakorie deficit through diet, activity or both. It is usually is harder for someone to create their deficit consistantly through exercise alone. I doubt a lot of people here said exercise does not help lose weight. I think most people choose to change calorie intake and calories burned.

It is all CICO.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that exercise doesn't or can't help with weight loss. You can still over eat and over indulge with regular exercise though...it doesn't default to weight loss. Most people will exercise and compensate by eating more...I see lots of them at the gym and they haven't changed one bit in years.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I feel best when I go about it both ways. Stay active, get some workouts in throughout the week, eat a healthy balanced diet within my calorie limits. Some days I eat less than the goal MFP set and some I am probably closer to maintenance.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    equidivine wrote: »
    It’s not impossible to lose 8lb of fat in around week and half which if you consider I weigh on a Monday and today is Friday. Just seems like you don’t like my method which works for me so looking to pick out faults and yeah I’m gunna gloat as everyone does when they lose weight like jeez if you havnt got any nice to say don’t say it

You have to burn 28,000 calories to lose 8lbs of fat. So for 10 days straight you would have to burn 2800 calories per day. You claim to have eaten what you wanted and exercised enough to burn ~3000 calories in that time. I am sorry that you think I am being mean but I am just stating the science of it.

And it’s not that anyone is trying to rain on your parade, it’s just that other people might read this and think “so if I just work out a little, I can eat whatever I want and lose weight!” and that’s just not true unless “whatever they want” is an amount that will still keep them in a calorie deficit, and it isn’t for most people (or at least not most people who would download and use a weight loss app)