edited May 2018
    Options
    hg5nemgviyp4.jpeg

Did you lose this in fat?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    equidivine wrote: »
    You lost weight one week. Great! But it doesn't prove one dang thing.

Also more likely and medical reason is that Iv put on muscle which weighs heavier than fat. Hence when ever any starts at gym it can take a few weeks to notice a weight loss. Probably some water factor too I don’t deny but as I’m fitting clothes now it’s defo working and my leg muscles are showing definition already from allot of strength exercise. I work hard in gym as I love exercise.

Women are lucky if they can gain 1/4lb of muscle in a week, and that's in a calorie surplus.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-much-muscle-can-you-gain/

While "newbie gains" are a thing, they're nowhere near as extensive as you seem to think. As a general rule, you burn fat in a calorie deficit; you gain muscle in a surplus. But muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. It's the old "What's heavier, a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?" trick question. (Hint: a ton is a ton, no matter what it's made up of.) Muscle is denser than fat, so two people of the same height and weight can have vastly different body compositions. But the idea that muscle gain can mask fat loss isn't really as accurate as you're implying. Water weight can, though. I lost close to seven pounds myself a couple of weeks back. But then, I had surgery three weeks ago and it took about a week to flush out the water weight gain that had put me up close to six pounds.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    You don't lose weight immediately it takes awhile for the fat to actually come off from a deficit. Personally, for me I see the results of my eating a week or two later. If I ate at a deficit, I see loss about 1-2 weeks later. I don't see a direct reflection of how I ate the few days before. (besides water weight fluctuations)

If I am trying to gain a few lbs and eat over my maintenance, I see it on the scale about 1-2 weeks later like clockwork. So what your seeing is likely a result of your deficit over the past month. Weight loss isn't linear, so don't expect to lose every week the same amount. Some weeks you may not lose anything and other weeks you may drop 4lbs. When I was losing I would lose nothing for like 3 weeks then all of a sudden drop 4lbs overnight without changing anything. It was never linear.
  • equidivine
    equidivine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mikee469 wrote: »
    hg5nemgviyp4.jpeg

Did you lose this in fat?

Thats 10 lb not 8 and also I didn’t deny any water weight was lost I said I lost 8lb
  • equidivine
    Options
    I’m also not a newbie I been on here like 10 years and as I keep saying it’s a method which has always worked for me!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    So... you're burning more calories than you eat. CICO. Same as everyone else here. You are just focusing on the calories out more than on the calories in. Different ways for different people but it still comes down to the same thing in the end. Good job!

^^ this
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Ofcorse that’s acheiveable I’m up from 7am until 10pm running around after 3 kids, working an active job I do around 15000 steps a day. It’s perfectly achievable if your willing to put the effort into it.

I also stated I pig out and eat what I like a few days a week. Also I said that some of it is probably water but in total I lost 8lb doing it my way and have done my whole life!

Everyone’s metabolism is different and people burn calories different also. Also depends what time you go to gym as it’s morning gym session you will always burn off more calories in day and also depends on how well you sleep.

I feel you like you to pick faults in anything you can just because it’s done in a way which you don’t like.

It works for me and you know what if more people got more active and allowed them self’s treats they wouldn’t end up binging or going off the rails with food or starving their body.

You could not be more wrong... I am extremely happy for your progress and I am happy if you found a way that works for you. I wish you nothing but continued success.

I am still sorry that you take science as a personal attack.
  • Mikee469
    Mikee469 Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • NovusDies
    edited May 2018
    Options
    read what I said I burn absolutely loads as I have an active lifestyle and I work dam hard in gym.

I also keep within my calorie count by working out.

My measurements say it all and the fact I dropped a dress size. 4lb a week is more than achievable

Despite the fact that you think I am being mean... if you go back to my original reply I said something along the lines of that it was more likely that over the last few weeks you were retaining water. What I should have explained is that it is very possible to be down 2 pounds of fat while being up 2 lbs of water making the scale show a zero difference. It could be you lost 1.5 pounds for the last 3 weeks and the scale just now is showing the results because water retention has finally eased up.

Please understand that when you make a claim (that originally did not distinguish the possibility of water) about losing 8lbs in a week (not the 10 days later in the thread) some people may take you very serious and try to mimic your results.

• equidivine
    edited May 2018
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    read what I said I burn absolutely loads as I have an active lifestyle and I work dam hard in gym.

I also keep within my calorie count by working out.

My measurements say it all and the fact I dropped a dress size. 4lb a week is more than achievable

Despite the fact that you think I am being mean... if you go back to my original reply I said something along the lines of that it was more likely that over the last few weeks you were retaining water. What I should have explained is that it is very possible to be down 2 pounds of fat while being up 2 lbs of water making the scale show a zero difference. It could be you lost 1.5 pounds for the last 3 weeks and the scale just now is showing the results because water retention has finally eased up.

Please understand that when you make a claim (that originally did not distinguish the possibility of water) about losing 8lbs in a week (not the 10 days later in the thread) some people may take you very serious and try to mimic your results.

But I didn’t say I lost 8lb of fat I also did this lose on week 3 but the total weight loss of 8lb was over 10 days. Funny enough 2lb came off in 2 days so yeah probably water finally coming off but weight loss is weight loss which is what I was saying.

I’m also a dress size down. I’m just saying that on another thread several people said it’s diet not exercise. Well I havnt changed my diet I work out so I can eat 1800 calories minimum a day. Which means I can have that piece of cheesecake and have 3 packets of frazzles
  • equidivine
    Options
    I’m also not a newbie I been on here like 10 years and as I keep saying it’s a method which has always worked for me!

10 years and you're still gaining and losing the same 45 lbs.

Kinda what happens when you have 3 kids and take a year out due to severe depression but hey where ever you can give a dig aye
  • NovusDies
    Options
    But I didn’t say I lost 8lb of fat

You said this:
    It’s not impossible to lose 8lb of fat in around week and half which if you consider I weigh on a Monday and today is Friday. Just seems like you don’t like my method which works for me so looking to pick out faults and yeah I’m gunna gloat as everyone does when they lose weight like jeez if you havnt got any nice to say don’t say it

Again. Not trying to be mean here at all.

• equidivine
    edited May 2018
    Options
    LW3380 wrote: »
    So... you're burning more calories than you eat. CICO. Same as everyone else here. You are just focusing on the calories out more than on the calories in. Different ways for different people but it still comes down to the same thing in the end. Good job!

^^ this

To be fair looking at your diary you are roughly sticking to your calories each day, okay you go over now and again but not massively, so you'll still be in some sort deficit. Yes, your exercise gives you some extra calories but it's exactly the same system that everyone else on here follows...to proclaim you have been pigging out and only exercising while still losing 8lbs is not telling the full story.

But the fact I class pigging out as eating 2 cookies which came to 500 calorie and 3 packets of frazzles yet still managed to keep it within calorie intake as I was up farm all day with Horses so burnt those calories. That’s still pigging out on crap to most ppl I just do it as I said in a way where I make sure I work off those bad treats. My diary is exactly what I’m doing and it’s working.

I mean other day I had breakfast, had a snack for lunch worked out for 2 hours then ate a whole pizza from Iceland to myself which is 800 calories alone plus prosecco

Iv still lost weight weight over the week

I’m just saying you can still eat the things you enjoy and lose weight Iv done it all my life apart from when Iv stopped exercising then I put on weight which again proves how exercising is essential for me personally
  • Mikee469
    Mikee469 Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Mikee469 wrote: »
    Congrats you’re a medial anomaly! You should report your findings.

You know it might be a tad easier to convince the OP that some of us are trying to have a civil conversation if you dialed back the snark a bit.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    And its true we can eat the things we enjoy and still lose, you're active so you have burned a lot.

'Pigging out' is relative, regardless of what you ate, because you are active you burned that all off and then some to lose.

I wouldn't call the packet of crisps, slice of cake or a chocolate bar I have most days pigging out or crap but they fit into my calories - they're not seen as healthy foods but there's nothing wrong with having them. Not when the rest of my diet is full of nutrients.