Burning 5000 calories a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by burnout? How does this happen?
  • NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    everything seems fine to everyone, Until it isnt. Especially with dieting and stuff im not sure what all is involved in it but for me it was a mix of new diet excitement and commitment, MY body running off its reserves just fine for a while, And a slight bit of stupid delusional thinking about maybe im different. Everything was amazing, Until it wasnt. Your body will switch into its "survival" mode and start fighting you and pulling its energy from non necessary functions, Like hair and nails and even muscles. My cravings got beyond intense, Suddenly began feelign sick and starving constantly. Took me months to get back to a place i could even be in a maintenance range let alone deficit. If your starving your body it WILL fight back, Dont think your different because your really not. It will be fine, Until its not.

And like i said your body wont hesitate to eat its muscle. Your heart is a muscle, And if your an athlete i imagine you want your muscles to stay as much as possible. It really is easier to just eat an appropriate level and skip all the time required in a hard lesson learned. Let us share our hard lessons learned with you to save you alot of damn effort and time lol.

edit to add: Id compare the cravings to being REALLY hungry and surrounded by your favorite food. After a REALLY long day your willpower has diminished your hungry your commitment is drained and you just dont care about goals anymore you just have to dig in and nothing else really matters to you at that point. Its a dangerous loop to get yourself into.

I’m pretty young. I have a lot to experience and experiment with so for now I’ll take it easy! I’ve lowered caffeine so I don’t become depended and adjust my activity to my energy levels. Upped my calories a bit more and I cut my workout time down a bit. I can’t change my work schedule. It’s hard to cut hours from 3 jobs but I’m sure if I play around with it I’ll be okay. I’ve done more than this before and was still fine but it was only for a few months
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So that's what everything I do on average adds up to this past week. I really don't want to eat more. Im eating about 2500cals/day. So, for all you CICO folks. This is going to be nuts right?

I would suggest you post what you think you're doing that's good for 5K calorie burn per day(average). You're probably no place close to that.

weight: 250 lbs
    1-2 hours of lifting
    20000-25000 steps/day
    working 13 hours (digging, landscaping, concrete work)
    20-30 min run

did a manual calculation and a fitness tracker one about 4800-5100 calories

Are you step counting while doing the manual work? if so your double counting those calories - discard them
    On the 13hr day, how much of it is Active? discount your breaks and recalc

Your also not sleeping enough if you are working 13 hours, lifing 2 hrs and running. that only leaves 8.5 hours in which to commute to and from work. eat in the evening, shower etc

I would recalc your outgoings, and be more realistic
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try to lose that last 20 pounds of fat too fast. When is the meet? I've lost 8 pounds overnight for a meet as a 145lb woman. Just do a little water cut for the last few pounds. Nothing crazy.