anyone whos lost over 100 pounds

Options
I have a considerable amount of weight to lose, almost 200 pounds. Would LOVE to see some photos of people who have lost over 100 pounds to give me the motivation to know it IS possible without surgery!!!! Please share!

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You can see pictures and read about my journey here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/309450-operation-inspiration-100-lbs-lost-great-health-gained
    I've shed 101 pounds and feel fantastic. :)
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    You can see pictures and read about my journey here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/309450-operation-inspiration-100-lbs-lost-great-health-gained
    I've shed 101 pounds and feel fantastic. :)

wow! you look like a completely different person, and you look amazing! Thank you for sharing
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has lost almost 200 pounds. He is in my avatar with me, maybe he will respond.

Good luck! :-)
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    first off, not only is it POSSIBLE without surgery, but ive had friends who HAD surgery and saw NO change. one of my best friends had the lapband surgery, and only lost like 20 lbs. and another had the gastric bypass, but didnt eat right and didnt excersize, she lost weight but looks like a balloon with the air let out.

i used to weigh 300 lbs in HS, here's my prom photo . im the one in the yellow:
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llpekeOXDO1qzhoepo1_400.jpg

and me now, at around 205: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpu20toPRc1qzhoepo1_400.jpg
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Lost 107lbs. Although I gained 30 back, I'm down 18 more lbs. since losing, so most of it is off but plan on going lower than I was before. I'd do my before after "Success" store but I'm not done yet.

Here is my before:

Edit: I'll try later can't get pics to work.
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Check my profile pics out im down 110..You can do this!!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Highest weight 277(first pic)

start weight here 255

progress photo weight 155(bottom pic)

goal of 140-145
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    you guys look great! thanks for helping me out!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    can i also ask what kind of exercising you all started off doing when you were at your high weight?
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    can i also ask what kind of exercising you all started off doing when you were at your high weight?

My BF started off walking.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options

My BF started off walking.

thats what i figured is the easiest since im not gonna stuff myself into a bathingsuit lol
  • islandjacquelin
    Options
    You are all totally inspirational!!! I have about 110 pounds to lose ( 101 to go!) My friends tell me to get surgery, but I want my loss to be sustainable - and I want to be healthy, not just skinny!!! Thank you so much for sharing your journeys - it makes it all seem possible! :)
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    You are all totally inspirational!!! I have about 110 pounds to lose ( 101 to go!) My friends tell me to get surgery, but I want my loss to be sustainable - and I want to be healthy, not just skinny!!! Thank you so much for sharing your journeys - it makes it all seem possible! :)

i totally agree with you, i dont want to get the surgery and just gain it back, not to mention its dangerous, i want to make a change i can live with for the rest of my life!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I've lost 130 so far...My latest thread with photos is several posts down from this one, check it out if you want! :) And good luck...it is completely possible to lose all that weight naturally and without surgery and crazy methods!!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    I've lost 130 so far...My latest thread with photos is several posts down from this one, check it out if you want! :) And good luck...it is completely possible to lose all that weight naturally and without surgery and crazy methods!!

youy look amazing! Im pretty close to your starting weight so that helps to envision the loss for me also, ive never been this big before, i hung around 315-330 for 10 years and when i got pregnant i gained and never lost
  • LeonaWFU98
    LeonaWFU98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these photos - tremendous inspiration!! I have at least 100 lbs to lose, and just started, so it's AWESOME to see the difference!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options

youy look amazing! Im pretty close to your starting weight so that helps to envision the loss for me also, ive never been this big before, i hung around 315-330 for 10 years and when i got pregnant i gained and never lost

Thanks and good luck! It's hard when you get so big to even start, so good for you taking that step! My former highest was nearly 300...which was bad enough, but after my Dad got cancer I ballooned up to 311...I lost about 25 lbs, and then he passed away in 2008 and I was destroyed and gained all the way up to 368. I didn't weigh myself for months and when I did finally and saw that number, I wanted to just scream. I couldn't believe it...but it made sense considering I could no longer sleep on my back because I felt like I was being choked (from the weight), I was having rapid heart beat out of nowhere and I could winded drying off from a shower. =( Bad times....
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    yeah thats kind of what motivated me to come back to mfp. Ive always been large but it was never an issue before, im tall so that helped and was always fairly active, always doing something. When i was pregnant it was hard to do much and i become a lot more sedentary than ever before and once i had her i lost 25 pounds weight and gained it all back. When she got older and i wanted to play with her on the floor and it was hard for me to get up, i knew i had a serious problem on my hands.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

i literally never had stepped foot in a gym before, but my college had a gym so i started going
    at first i was only doing 15-20 minutes on the elliptical like 3-4 times a week
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You do NOT need surgery. It just takes commitment and patience. I've lost over 100lbs (check my signature pic) and honestly if I can do it, anyone can do it. I've been overweight since I was 5 years-old, and I'm lazy, and I love to eat. The one thing i had was the drive to change my life. I figured I have ONE chance at life and I did not want to live the way I had been living.

Find the drive and then the commitment will come. Find out why you really want to lose weight and then remind yourself often.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!