Starting the KETO diet

andiiiu
andiiiu Posts: 5 Member
Hello everyone!

Today is the first day in the keto diet, I have read a bunch of reviews, watched a lot of videos and everyone seems to have success with this diet.

To be honest I’m a little scared I always find myself failing in all types of diets, this is my first time actually posting something, I’ve read that having motivational support will help you keep up the diet. So feel free to add me, I’m going to try keeping up with the macros and updates about the diet :)

Replies

• andiiiu
    andiiiu Posts: 5 Member
    Hey Gale,

thanks, must definitely!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Welcome to the boards.

If you want support or advice on keto or lchf diets, these MFP groups will offer plenty of both:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Don't forget to increase your sodium! As carb levels fall, so does insulin, and that causes you to lose water weight and electrolytes. If you start getting headaches, fatigued, nauseated, BM issues, moodiness, muscle aches or spasms, then you know you aren't getting enough sodium. Most keto'ers need at LEAST 3000 - 5000 mg of sodium a day. For reference, there's 2300 mg of sodium in a teaspoon of salt.

Good luck!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I think it's much better to not go on a diet, and just eat normal food, but less.
  • trudimosteller
    trudimosteller Posts: 4 Member
    I’m in my 2nd day of going Keto. I lost 60+ lbs with a gastric sleeve but gained back 12 in the last 3 months. I’m trying to get off the carb roller coaster again. I was diabetic before the surgery. My blood sugar is in normal range now. I don’t want to go backwards. Still want to lose 30-40 more lbs but keeping the diabetes at bay is my main goal.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I’m in my 2nd day of going Keto. I lost 60+ lbs with a gastric sleeve but gained back 12 in the last 3 months. I’m trying to get off the carb roller coaster again. I was diabetic before the surgery. My blood sugar is in normal range now. I don’t want to go backwards. Still want to lose 30-40 more lbs but keeping the diabetes at bay is my main goal.

Congrats on reversing your diabetes!!
  • phartmann
    phartmann Posts: 2 Member
    I start Keto too , I’m on kind if paleo for last two years , cut sugar out my diet but now wanna see how Keto affects me .