100 Squats, push ups, and sit ups a day

Replies

• peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Yay day 3 done! Can't wait to see how many good push ups I can do by the end! Right now I can do between 30 to 40 good ones before dropping to my knees.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Day four is here! I will admit, I didn’t get all my squats done yesterday. My quads were way too sore. But I put in a 3 mile run to help loosen the muscles up and today they feel much better when doing squats. Remember when doing squats, you want your thighs to be parallel to the floor, your knees at a 90 degree angle. Try to work ok doing the perfect squat and not just getting your numbers in. Your muscles will improve better that way. I got to 70 yesterday before I had to throw in the towel. I got all my sit ups and push ups done. I do my push ups on the ball still, but I’ve moved to having the ball at my knees.
    @jiberish great job on the planks! If people want to try different exercises for sit ups, feel free. I’d say a 30-60 second plank (depending on your current physical level) would count as a sit up.
    Good luck today and keep moving if you are finding it difficult to meet your numbers.
  • peppermintcaroline
    50% done day 4. It is really challenging to do push ups with a dog looping under your arms and licking your face.
  • Sarahr73
    I understand that all too well. I have three cats, one which is still a kitten, and they always want to “help” me exercise.
  • Elfinnyx
    Elfinnyx Posts: 55 Member
    Yay day 4 is done! I managed 5 good push ups before dropping to my knees today, going to go for 10 tomorrow. I'm quite amazed at how much better my form is only 4 days in, I guess it must be to do with believing that I can do it, I can't have got that much stronger that quickly.

@Sarahr73 You're totally right about getting the squat right being more important than the numbers and 70 squats is still impressive!
  • Sarahr73
    Thank you, Elfinnyx. I was able to get in 80 today. My muscles got too overworked so they’re still healing a bit. I think form is more important for all the exercises. I’ve been doing inverted push ups on the exercise ball and I’m also surprised at how well my form has improved in the last four days. I can now pump out 25 in a row before I need a break. I am jealous that you can do five good push ups military style. I will get there some day, but it might another week!
  • peppermintcaroline
    Finished. My arms were rebelling. Pushups got pretty sloppy towards the end. But squats and sit ups went well. Lol Sarah, cats love to be in the way.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    I'm on Day 1 - 30 pushups on my knees. I may have to work up. My wrists were hurting. I'll keep trying.
  • Elfinnyx
    @Sarahr73 - 25 of any sort of push ups in a row is amazing! At the moment I've been doing sets of 10, any more than that and my form starts getting sloppy.
    @JulieAL1969 - Well done for getting the 30 done. Sometimes it helps warming up your wrists first and experimenting with hand positions, it's taken me a while to find something that works.

Day 5 complete, I managed 10 full push-ups today, in sets of 5 and the other 90 on my knees. Progress is happening.
  • peppermintcaroline
    Day 5. Pretty rough today. Didn't get through everything.
  • peppermintcaroline
    25% done, Yay! Dogs still in the way during push ups. Lol.
  • RubyRed427
    Elfinnyx wrote: »
    @Sarahr73 - 25 of any sort of push ups in a row is amazing! At the moment I've been doing sets of 10, any more than that and my form starts getting sloppy.
    @JulieAL1969 - Well done for getting the 30 done. Sometimes it helps warming up your wrists first and experimenting with hand positions, it's taken me a while to find something that works.

Day 5 complete, I managed 10 full push-ups today, in sets of 5 and the other 90 on my knees. Progress is happening.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice! Xo
  • Elfinnyx
    Day 6 done. I managed 20 full push-ups today. I managed to do 15 in a row on my knees, so I feel my stamina is improving steadily.

How is everyone doing today?
    @peppermintcaroline I hope today was better than yesterday. I have to shut my dogs out of the room when I'm doing push-ups, otherwise I'd have two Labradors licking my face!
  • peppermintcaroline
    It went better, thanks elfinnyx. Day 6 done. Gross weather here though.
  • RubyRed427
    Did 40 pushups on knees today (but not all in a row; had to take a break between). But still after a few days, I can feel that I'm a tiny bit stronger.
  • Elfinnyx
    Yay for getting stronger!
    Day 7 done.
  • peppermintcaroline
    Day 7 done! Which means week one complete!
  • Sarahr73
    Day 8! Sorry I fell off the grid for a few days, lots of family stuff this weekend. I managed to get all my exercises done Friday, and most on Saturday and Sunday. I didn’t have enough time to space them out enough to get everything done Saturday and Sunday. But I’m ready to hit the ground running again today. Let’s start this week off with remembering to breath when you’re working out. If you hold it in, you could actually lose form and hurt yourself. And if you’re not getting all 100 in each day but you’re seeing improvement day over day, you’re still accomplishing A LOT! Keep pushing yourself to do more (unless your body tells you no) and you’ll get to the 100 before you know it.
  • Elfinnyx
    Day 8 done! I hope everyone has had a good start to week 2.
  • mcw2018mfp
    mcw2018mfp Posts: 84 Member
    Hi- I’m a week late but I really needed this challenge!
    Got them done today- interspersed during my run. Fun way to break up a run.
    The sit-ups were the toughest for me- my core is my weakness.