JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - Round 41

Options

Replies

• jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    rkl_ wrote: »
    Hi amazing people,

So, right now I'm living the struggle I have constantly. I'm not sure how to break the cycle. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. I might know what I should do and don't.

Round 39: Started 192 Ended 184.6
    Round 40: Started 184 Ended 190
    Round 40: 190.6 again....

I've been yo yo-in these 8lbs every time I try losing the weight.

5/13 = 184.6
    5/14 = 187
    5/15 =184.8
    5/16 = 186.2
    5/17 = 186
    5/18 5/19 5/20 no weigh in
    Round 41
    5/21 = 190.6
    5/22 = 187.2

@rkl_ Quality of food calories is just as important as quantity. Look for food trends in your food diary. Specifically, on the days you see an increase in weight what did you have the day(s) before and vice versa for the days you see a decrease in weight. If you see a trend follow the one(s) that leads to weight loss, avoid the one(s) that lead to gains.
    Another thing to keep in mind is daily weigh in is a great tool for helping us see the results of our food & drink choices. It's normal to have daily weight fluctuations.
    Hope this helps.
  • jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady. I'm going to keep riding this wave. I think I'm very close to my final weight goal. I'm going to start thinking in terms of what I'm doing AFTER I reach my weight goal. I have not returned to heavy lifting since I hurt my back, but I will (soon). As far as numbers go, I want to see if I can keep my lean body mass where it is (or increase) while simultaneously reducing my body fat percentage. I'm at just under 16%, but I'd like to see 12%. I want to know what my abs look like! I'm going to start including my scale's body fat percentage reading (even though I know it's not accurate) with my daily check-in.

Height 5’11”
    Historical SW (January 2015): 245 lbs
    Recent SW: 220.0 lbs (1/14/18)
    Ultimate GW: 185 lbs (and 12% body fat)

5/22 = 193.4 (-2.0), BF% = 16.2. BWHOOSH™ (formerly known as BOUNCE BACK™). I felt pretty crappy throughout the day yesterday, but ate really well, and forced myself to go to the gym to lift weights. When I got there, I noticed my energy was up. I went to basketball, where I have not been able to hit the broad side of a barn the last two times I've played. My shot was pretty "on," and my bad knee felt just fine (not even one "pop"). I had a great Caesar salad with chicken and avocado for dinner, and ended up having a pretty great day. I had a bit of a revelation at basketball. I STILL have WAY TOO MUCH gut. So many people are screaming at me telling me how thin I am, but I'm NOT. I get that I look pretty different compared to where I was in January (when I started my MFP/JGMTD journey), and that people freak out/get jealous/whatever, but I don't think I have body image issues. Rather, I truly believe that I still have a ways to go on my journey. I said I would stop at 185. Maybe 180 is the number. Maybe I just need to start eating more at maintenance as I get back into heavy lifting. I don't know. I feel good today, though. Sorry for the rant!

@puddlegoober I believe society has become so accustomed to being overweight they see lean people as unhealthy. You're goal BF% is within the healthy range so go for it. :)