Why eating too little calories is a bad idea.....

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    tlgale wrote: »
    Thanks for this post! Apparently I was doing it all the wrong way

You wouldn't be the first or the last. I did it all wrong myself for a lot of years before I stumbled into the forums and uncomplicated weight loss.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Bump
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Bump
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    sticky bump
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Bump
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Bump
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    bump
  • Sphinxesnest
    Sphinxesnest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am struggling. My doctor placed me on a diet of 800 to 1000 calories a day with carb restrictions as well. And I have gained 7 lbs. And that is with exercise. But it hasn't been a full week yet. I saw some posts said wait 3 weeks to see results.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    In addition to looking for Dr that isn't just going to run some standard program they happen to know about - are you sure exercise was supposed to be part of it?

Even study programs that go down that low, rarely have exercise included for participants, because it's just a known recipe for losing muscle mass, which everyone will regret sooner and/or later.

And besides, several reasons why the body gains water weight when starting to exercise.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those who is scratching my head about not losing. I've been doing this for 70 days. I log everything and measure portions. I lost 5 pounds immediately and have not lost anything since. I used MFP to calculate my calories based on 1 pound per week. I would be happy for you to look at my diary over the past 2 months and see what else I can do. I would appreciate the input.
  • mamacom13
    mamacom13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @2aycocks I lost 7 pounds fairly quickly, but now I have stalled. I tried lowering my calories for the day and felt like I was going to pass out. I guess I need to workout harder. I don't know.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I do not understand why I see so many women on here trying to eat only 1000 calories a day. It makes no sense.