What body shape do I have?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,773 Member
    Options
    <snip! for length>
    . . . I'm not particularly into bodybuilding. I just wanna get rid of fat around my legs, arms and tummy then tone and build booty.

"Toning" is what people who are scared of bodybuilding call strength training. If you want to be "toned", and especially if you want to build booty, strength training (ideally weight training) is what you want.

Women don't grow massive muscles overnight. You'll have plenty of time to monitor your appearance and decide when you've reached a look you like. We don't wake up one day with surprise bulging muscles.

This thread would be perfect for you:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm not particularly into bodybuilding. I just wanna get rid of fat around my legs, arms and tummy then tone and build booty.

Great read here (make sure you read the whole article, though!): https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/toning-workout-for-women/
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    hourglass and no need to lose weight....looks right on track!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I'm not particularly into bodybuilding. I just wanna get rid of fat around my legs, arms and tummy then tone and build booty.

Great read here (make sure you read the whole article, though!): https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/toning-workout-for-women/

"1000 Crunches
    1 set of 1000 reps.
    (Literally do 1000 crunches. This is going to be KEY to toning your tummy and getting a flat belly as fast as possible.)"

Goodness, I would never do a workout that asks me to do 1000 crunches at once :D

Hence why I put in the advisory to read the whole thing. ;)

He has a lot of great, no-BS advice on his site, and my eyebrows just about touched the back of my neck when I started reading this one. I knew there had to be more to it, and was happy when I discovered I was right.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Classic hourglass. I think you look perfect, but then I know you have to feel good about yourself. That’s what is important. You look quite young. I’m sure you don’t realize that somewhere in the future, as you get older, you might look back at this photo and say, I was crazy. I looked perfect!! Enjoy your beauty.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    If your not into bodybuilding/heavy lifting, how about some youtube bodyweight routines? You can define your look and lean out and you don’t have to lift if you don’t want to. I’m currently following Melissa Benders workouts on YouTube. They are free and challenging.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    If your not into bodybuilding/heavy lifting, how about some youtube bodyweight routines? You can define your look and lean out and you don’t have to lift if you don’t want to. I’m currently following Melissa Benders workouts on YouTube. They are free and challenging.

Here's the thing, and I say this as one of the bodyweight guys here. Heavy lifting is way easier that meaningful bodyweight work, and it develops results much more slowly.