Export and analyze your own data in Excel

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Surye wrote: »
    First, thank you for this great tool, I was gonna set out to make one like it but not nearly as ambitious and feature-rich! Not sure if this has already been requested in the last 14 pages, but any chance you could add support for net carbs, as a configurable option maybe? Just a simple carbs-fiber. So that this can be used in macro trends and analysis? I know this can be a problematic figure for many people, especially in countries that track net carbs as the carb count on food labels, but I know there are a great number of people this would help.

Sent you a PM to discuss this.
  • cyvileng
    cyvileng Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the graph "Max observed TDEE vs. Weight" on the "Weight and TDEE Graphs" tab.

The bottom axis of the graph is labeled "average weight (kg)" but my data points go from 1 to about 45 which is definitely not my range of weight. Is this correct?

I love this tool that you created. It's really cool to see all the data analyzed like this!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    cyvileng wrote: »
    I have a question about the graph "Max observed TDEE vs. Weight" on the "Weight and TDEE Graphs" tab.

The bottom axis of the graph is labeled "average weight (kg)" but my data points go from 1 to about 45 which is definitely not my range of weight. Is this correct?

I love this tool that you created. It's really cool to see all the data analyzed like this!

There was an issue with the lb/kg selector box, working on it and another issue based on an MFP update. I'll publish a new version in the next days.
  • sam7jones
    sam7jones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cyvileng wrote: »

I've got this issue too.

EvgeniZyntx, this excel document is really bloody impressive. Thanks a lot.

I had a quick question though: on the Overeating Analysis tab, are any calories listed here "Net Calories" (Cals - burnt) or "Calories" (just cals eaten)?

Thanks,
    Sam.
  • cofc2008
    cofc2008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New error message today:

"ERROR: the most recent error is 5. It's message text is: Invalid procedure call or argument in function ImportConfig. Error location 6. Please report to EvgeniZyntx."
  • kookykrazee
    kookykrazee Posts: 23 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    cfieser1 wrote: »
    Is there a way to change the date max from 365 days to more?

I, too, am curious of this. I see that the field with 365 can be updated, but what are the parameters to not get an error when changing to say 730 or 1460?

Edit: I was able to set the export up to 1100 days, but no matter what (default 365 or more) the information does not appear to export to the Check_in tab before 7/26/17 so it throws all of the data out of whack, saying I am 600% under my protein numbers, etc.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think it's broken.

:'(
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    I think it's broken.

Indeed. fileswap was not found.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    However, sadly, Eugene has not been around MFP this past year :disappointed:
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Noting a couple of recent questions:

MFP USED TO provide up to 365 days of data in a single query so you would NOT have been able to get more than a year's worth of data no matter what you tried.

**BUT, as of a couple of months ago, MFP is limiting data to just 45 days per query**, at least for me.

Support claimed that this was not by design. I sent them a video demonstrating the problem 3 weeks ago.... and the problem continues today.

I would say that the existence of MFP Premium and the processing cost of these back queries MAY (in my own mind) have something to do with this "new" 45 day limit, even though support told me that they've "asked the developers to look into this".

I haven't run the spreadsheet for a while, but I would suggest that you guys try for 45 (or even 44) days instead of 365 or longer and see if it works...
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

MFP USED TO provide up to 365 days of data in a single query so you would NOT have been able to get more than a year's worth of data no matter what you tried.

**BUT, as of a couple of months ago, MFP is limiting data to just 45 days per query**, at least for me.

Support claimed that this was not by design. I sent them a video demonstrating the problem 3 weeks ago.... and the problem continues today.

I would say that the existence of MFP Premium and the processing cost of these back queries MAY (in my own mind) have something to do with this "new" 45 day limit, even though support told me that they've "asked the developers to look into this".

I haven't run the spreadsheet for a while, but I would suggest that you guys try for 45 (or even 44) days instead of 365 or longer and see if it works...

Tried 30 days. Still borked.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options

The MFP Reports and View Full Report (Printable) functions on the web version only go back 25 days right now; I have reported this to Customer Support three weeks ago and it is still not fixed. Maybe they are related. Try 25 or fewer days and see if that works?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »

The MFP Reports and View Full Report (Printable) functions on the web version only go back 25 days right now; I have reported this to Customer Support three weeks ago and it is still not fixed. Maybe they are related. Try 25 or fewer days and see if that works?

Nope, still broken. It's imported, but something is screwy in the calculations. I didn't dig too deeply into what that might be though.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I can export all my data....is that what is 'broken' for everyone (am I missing something in the post)? It gives me all my data since I started, which was only 7 months ago.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    madwells1 wrote: »
    I can export all my data....is that what is 'broken' for everyone (am I missing something in the post)? It gives me all my data since I started, which was only 7 months ago.

When you say you can export your data, are you talking about the MFP Premium feature, or the Excel spreadsheet that the OP created?

I have never used the OP's spreadsheet to export my data. However, as a Premium member, I have used the MFP Premium feature to export my MFP data to three CSV files going back four years to the beginning. However, when I did that a few days ago with the MFP Premium feature, many of the days are missing information for some of the Meal slots. Perhaps that is the root cause (or at least an indicative cause) for the errors being experienced by previous posters who are having issues with the OP's spreadsheet?
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2017
    Options
    madwells1 wrote: »

As a non-premium member I am accessing my data manually through the same mechanism the spreadsheet was attempting to use.

Namely the printable diary feature.

That feature used to return data for any arbitrary consecutive time period not exceeding 366 days.

Currently, at least for myself, it returns at most 45 days (and according to @CyberTone no more than 25 days)
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    @Cybertone I used the export and it provided all my information with nothing missing.

@PAV8888 I tried the print function (thanks I didn't know I could do that) and I got results 4 months back for meals, exercise back when I started in June.

I have premium if that makes a difference.
  • xx8josh9xx
    xx8josh9xx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    download link is broken can you re-post please
  • PAV8888
    Options
    xx8josh9xx wrote: »
    download link is broken can you re-post please

Not sure which download link you used, but I just tried Eugene's link from his profile and it works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hptx0n3ma8w17dx/mfp6v8.xlsm?dl=0

However, I would caution you that you not only require Excel 2010/2013/possibly 2017 installed on your computer, but you require at least 60 days of MFP data for good results, preferably more (we used to happily use a year)

Last I checked MFP was refusing to spit out more than 45 days of data at a time :disappointed:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Still tragically broken.

#theliteralworst