How many calories do you eat a day?

Options

Replies

• SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Today 1500 because I worked out, otherwise 1200.
  • joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    stevephi01 wrote: »
    I'm tracking less than 1000 but still gaining - too low for me to close my diary, ah well a problem I'm having to work though.

Did the app recommend that low number? I suspect you aren’t eating enough to lose weight.

• SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Currently 1750, maintenance / recomp / we'll see. I like consistency and do not adjust based on activity or whether it was training day or not. Figure rest day nutrition is just as important.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    stevephi01 wrote: »
    I'm tracking less than 1000 but still gaining - too low for me to close my diary, ah well a problem I'm having to work though.

Did the app recommend that low number? I suspect you aren’t eating enough to lose weight.

That's not really how adaptive thermogenesis works. You don't stop losing weight if your calories are too low. That said, getting adequate protein, fat, and micronutrients on 1kcal is almost certainly impossible.
  • ryanpollock39
    ryanpollock39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2500-2800 maintaining/light cut
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    OP, if you're looking for direction, this is like asking people "how long is your hair?"
  • MamaBear2021
    MamaBear2021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Around 1000 a day for me. If I go much over that for more tgan a day, I gain.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I’m following the Fit, happy healthy mum programme at the moment and although it does not require you to log calories, I am doing so out of curiosity (and habit). I’m eating 600-800 calories on this programme. :neutral: Which seems very low but it’s a lot of lean protein and veg. I’ve been on 1200 calories since Feb and have lost 24 lb but weight lost has slowed to 0.5lb per week now that I’m nearing target.
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Daily average for this month so far 2435. Last month it was 2694. I was 195-197 last month. Down to 191.6 now.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    aliblain wrote: »
    I’m following the Fit, happy healthy mum programme at the moment and although it does not require you to log calories, I am doing so out of curiosity (and habit). I’m eating 600-800 calories on this programme. :neutral: Which seems very low but it’s a lot of lean protein and veg. I’ve been on 1200 calories since Feb and have lost 24 lb but weight lost has slowed to 0.5lb per week now that I’m nearing target.

Well that’s far to low to be fit, happy, or healthy and as a mom myself there’s no way I could keep up with my kids eating that low of a calorie target...
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 1300-1450 when eating some of my exercise calories back
  • elisaortiz514
    elisaortiz514 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it 1500 max if I workout, but less is preferable. If I have a sedentary day, 1200. I’m only 5’3 though with an office job.
  • daniellewhiteliving
    daniellewhiteliving Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1200 atm
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My aim is 1280, but it's Ramadan, so will probably be under 1200 most days. Not active though, light walking every other day, that's it this month.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    1800 if I sit on my fanny all day. Usually anywhere between 2000 - 3000 depending on if I ran or not. Am female, 59 and have been in maintenance 3 years.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    1200 + 75% of my exercise calories.
  • ect0morph
    ect0morph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2400-2600 for weight gain
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on track, losing .5lb per week average. I eat 1430 calories per day, plus half of my exercise calories, usually another couple of hundred. I look at my exercise calories as more flexible. Some days I won't eat that back, but I am banking them for weekend indulgences!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Calories is 1200, but most days I am under, which is fine. I am under DR. care and she set the goals. And wants me to focus more on carbs, fat, protein, sugar. Which I am. I just started on May 6, 2018 and have lost 14.6 pounds. Goal is to lose about 3 pounds per week from now on. I see Dr. weekly. I log all foods daily so have a pretty accurate reading of what I am eating. But not really sure why the question is around calories anyway.
  • dws00
    dws00 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A strict 2000. If I don't, I feel as though I will easily over indulge.