What are your views on vinegar for weight loss

Options
Hello, I read apple cider vinegar or even wine vinegar help with weight loss, views ?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Where did you read this? Was it scientific research or hearsay?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by consuming less calories than you expend. Vinegar has no effect whatsoever upon that unless you're consuming vinegar instead of other, higher calorie foods.

Nothing about vinegar changes or defies the laws of energy balance.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Vinegar is truly amazing and versatile stuff. The only medical benefit I am aware of though with ingestion is helping to break up taffy-like mucous drainage in your throat. For weeks after my tonsils and adenoids were removed ACV was a morning ritual.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    If you take a shot of vinegar before every meal. You'll probably not want to eat as much. :) HTH HAND
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My opinion is not worth a hill of beans. What does the evidence say?
  • yvette1910
    yvette1910 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yummy, a hill of beans!! o:)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Wherever you read that, stop visiting that site as it’s likely filled with other nonsense.

No individual substance, vinegar or anything else, causes weight loss. A calorie deficit causes weight loss. Period.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    DIANE2432 wrote: »
    Hello, I read apple cider vinegar or even wine vinegar help with weight loss, views ?

Won't help unless it keeps you from eating. I don't know if it could harm you to drink a bunch of vinegar but it is not necessary and sounds unpleasant so why do it?

You just need to consume the appropriate calories (less than your current maintenance calories). You don't have to eat or drink anything particular.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    not true