Outfit help, PLEASE!

Options
stressd1mom
stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
Okay, so I have one of the most important meetings of my entire life next weekend. I am not really 'girly' & don't really know a lot about fashion. My sister gave me 4 dresses, please help me decide which one looks the best. I have waited many years for this & I only have one chance for a first impression.

25sve4m.jpg Dress A
2w20qiu.jpg Dress B
24bq3oo.jpg Dress C
huf52g.jpg Dress D

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    B
  • TorridCutie
    TorridCutie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am sorry if this will sound blunt, but I think it is time for shopping. None of those dresses are flattering to you.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I like B the best!
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options
    Is this for a promotion or something? If so, I would say no to all of them unfortunately. No offense but they don't flatter you as well as you could be! I would choose a two piece option like a nice pencil skirt and a pretty blouse or button down shirt. That way you can have something that will show your curves but still look professional.
  • crmhaske
    crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree with TorridCutie. The dresses are all really dated and unflattering, and you'd do yourself justice by shopping for a new one. If you can't afford it I'd go with dress C, but without the white jacket.
  • mkateweis
    mkateweis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    floral is not flattering! time to go shopping, you probably deserve new clothes anyway!!
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    of those 4 dresses I like B.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Maybe dress C with a different sweater?!
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry but they all look old and none look good. Go shopping with someone honest, and don't take anything to heart, if it doesn't look good something else will ;)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I agree that none of those are right. If you aren't girly, don't pretend to be girly! Why do you need a dress? Wear something you are comfortable in that still in the right level of dress.
  • niece04967
    niece04967 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    C
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am sorry if this will sound blunt, but I think it is time for shopping. None of those dresses are flattering to you.

Sorry but she is right. you still have a whole week to go shopping, have a sales person help you choose, they are usually pretty good.
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    C with a different top. Good luck with the meeting.
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    I say go with the dress that makes you feel the best. It was hard to see all of them since you were cut in half in some of the pics, but I'd have to say I like the 2nd one best as well.

Maybe you could go some store that isn't too expensive and treat yourself to something that makes you feel fantastic! After seeing your profile pic larger, you're sooo tiny besides the pics in the dresses.

Be proud of yourself!! Either way, remember ... whatever makes you smile in the mirror is the right choice!! Congrats on this meeting ... go rock it girl!! ;0)

Edited to add: I can see the whole picture now. I too like Dress C, maybe with a different sweater. Try maybe a pop of color or something!! Again, good luck!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    We really need to know what the meeting is for to decide, honestly the florals look horrible on you. C with a more tailored cardigan
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree on needing a different dress all together, but if your pressed i'd go with dress c WITHOUT the white shirt over it, and if theres nothing else than dress b.
  • snappy45
    Options
    I think for a meeting this important you need something more streamlined and business like. Jacket, blouse, and skirt. Get the sales person to help you shop. These look more like dresses that you would wear to church. You need to look more powerful and self-assured. Good Luck! Let us know how you did....
  • missys99
    missys99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with TorridCutie. The dresses are all really dated and unflattering, and you'd do yourself justice by shopping for a new one. If you can't afford it I'd go with dress C, but without the white jacket.
    I agree! hit up a good will or something if you don't have a lot of money! NO FLORAL! unless the interview is to play someone out of the 80's. Stick to solid colors
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    It depends on what it is for, but if these are my only choices, I would go with B or C. The other 2 are not very flattering. Otherwise, I'd say go with different dresses/outfits completely.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Of the group, B but honestly none of the dresses fit you properly. You need something a bit more fitted.
    Good luck with your meeting!