Considering Herbalife (What to you think?)

Options
GR8Prof
GR8Prof Posts: 12 Member
So I have not eaten breakfast regularly in my life. I started truly, purposefully intermittent fasting about a year ago.

But, I have noticed feeling sluggish and generally exhausted in the mornings lately. A friend suggested Herbalife.

What are your thoughts or/and experiences?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. If you feel like skipping breakfast isn't working for you, but you don't really like eating in the morning, you can get less expensive, better quality protein powder anywhere and make your own smoothie. I like chocolate protein powder, rolled oats, whatever greens are cheapest at the grocery this week, and some frozen berries.

Or you could have a cup of coffee if you don't have an issue with caffeine.

I would look at quality/length of sleep as well and your overall diet contents and exercise routine to see if maybe something is catching up with you.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    taste good, too expensive. And a pyramid scheme imo
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I was lucky to never have spent money on it. A former coworker did, hated it and gave me the rest. Vile stuff, and a waste of money. I wouldn't recommend it to people I hate, let alone anyone else.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    No, your friend is suggesting you eat breakfast... which if you want a shake for breakfast, there are many great brands out there that you can buy at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC that will be less expensive and same/better quality.
  • GR8Prof
    GR8Prof Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    No, your friend is suggesting you eat breakfast... which if you want a shake for breakfast, there are many great brands out there that you can buy at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC that will be less expensive and same/better quality.

Do you have a recommendation for a product that you like better?

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    How about just eat a couple of eggs - they're quick, easy and cheaper than Herbalife.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    save your money. plenty of help and ideas on MFP
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Save your money and have a greek yogurt in the morning!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    If you're sluggish, it's because you either lack sleep or calories. You DON'T need herbalife for that. You need discipline to eat something or if you don't like to eat in the morning, make sure you ate enough the night before to sustain you through the morning. I don't eat breakfast, but I DO eat up till 11:30pm each night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Herbal Life = Pyramid Scheme
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    A good cup of coffee.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    GR8Prof wrote: »
    Do you have a recommendation for a product that you like better?

Did you not read my reply? I have skipped breakfast for more than 2 decades. When I have the occasional sluggish morning I know exactly why. The answers are very simple. You aren't eating enough the day before, you aren't getting enough quality sleep, or you need to eat breakfast.