• SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    u gals makes me wanna get back into photography

*votes for that ^*

I want to get a 70-200 2.8L next but its just sooo pricy. iv been waiting for them to drop since the 2 came out. but still expensive. not sure if im going to be happy with the 70-200 4 but its significantly cheaper

I shot a few weddings with that and the MKII (rental, unfortunately). Very good lens, very flexible. See if you can get it second-hand, for lenses it's almost irrelevant unless they decalibrate, but even if it's front/backfocusing, it's an easy fix.
    Back when I was doing stuff I had a Canon 400D (yeah, THAT long ago), the nifty fifty (50mm f/1.8) for portraits and then the f/1.4... and a 10-22mm which was awesome. I now have a Sony mirrorless I am not happy with and the phone, which I am using instead. For selfies and the occasional half-assed snap.

I had a 60D and recently upgraded to the 6D Mk1. I considered a sony mirrorless, I think a6100 but in the end I don't think it feels like a real camera. mirrorless are great for portability but its missing the actual photographer feel to it. I need the weight and bulk. I loved my 60d with a battery grip, I need to get one for the 6d.

I shot with the 50mm 1.4 for years on the 60D. when I went for the 6D, I picked up the 24-70mm 2.8 and it does everything. sucks cause my 10-18mm is useless now since its not compatible with full frame

my friend got the sony a7riii and im quite jealous. that's prob the only mirrorless id get, but its $$$$$$$$$$

honestly, cell phone pics are great lmao. I use that more than anything now.

Oh the rental was a 5D... some time ago. I have the Alpha 5100, and I originally bought it because of travelling light. Fully agree on the way a proper dSLR with battery grip feels like - PROPER! And the 24-70 is a good lens as well!

You can always buy an adapter for the lenses, but it makes more sense from an investment point of view if you have a whole bunch of them.

There's much you can do on a low budget. I wanted a lensbaby until I figured out how to cheat my own from tilting the unscrewed lens, bonus washout included. If I ever get back into the game, I'd sell a kidney for a full-frame 5D MKII (or a Hasselblad HV!!!) and a few lenses. Funny thing is though, I got pretty nice stuff out of cheap, third-hand vintage film SLRs and a Diana toy camera I still have somewhere. Oh well. Whatever. Phone does its job. :smiley:

u don't need to sell a kidney for a 5d mk2, they are getting cheap. my friend recently sold his to another friend, it wasn't bad at all. and agreed, nowadays pics aren't about the clarity, the sharpness, or details. its actually about he artistic feel to it, al la filters lol.

I thought about doing the lens adapter, but it just feels weird on a full frame. I don't need anything wider than a 24 at this point so it will serve the purpose as a wide and portrait. I need that telephoto though!

my dad has a few original leica film cams. pretty sick. I might start playing with them but I don't want to buy film LOL

Ah well, if I get one I'd just feel pressured to do something with it. Should be the other way around first :smiley:
    And I fully agree about the fact that the tool doesn't matter so much. Some of my best had been done with a borrowed crap of a Ricoh, from a friend of mine who spilled Coke on the lens shutter, so that thing was opening a lot more slower and sometimes never fully. Made for an interesting vignette (such as this one). I struggled / slacked a bit when I switched to a dSLR.

Leica! Awesome. Try it, if you feel like it. It's the best exercise in mindful framing and composition. Nowadays everyone shoots 1,000 frames and picks a couple... film is forcing you back to put thought in every shot.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I think my entire Amazon wishlist is made up of lenses and cameras I can’t afford - loving this conversation. Until I find the ambition to carry a camera places other than soccer games again, I guess it doesn’t matter that I can’t afford new ones, anyway...but I would definitely love a nice telephoto lens for games. The inexpensive 70-300 that I usually use for them is generally adequate for the kids’ games but in a stadium, I definitely want better.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    jjc291uehext.jpeg
    zmjaxgtx1iex.jpeg

Playing golf in Blue Ridge Mountains in NC last week. Very Pretty.
  • WendyJoy76
    WendyJoy76 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    gwo0e6axjafz.jpeg
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Me and my cousin, Deb. Around 1957. Still my best friend to this day. She was my Best Man when I got married.

bd0o3ivbityn.png

Absolutely adorable. Looks like you 2 had awesome adventures. :star:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    jjc291uehext.jpeg
    Playing golf in Blue Ridge Mountains in NC last week. Very Pretty.

This pic makes me miss home@my mum's traditional seat. Rugged waterfalls, streams, forest terrain for miles. Fresh pine nuts. :star:
  • kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    80wp0vqqevt8.jpg
  • T_143
    T_143 Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    kzshelbi wrote: »
    80wp0vqqevt8.jpg

I’m close to you! I live about an hour south of here
  • T_143
    T_143 Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    eb9aclcpm2gv.jpeg
    ttfi02ushex9.jpeg

In honor of Memorial Day!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Because it's the tiniest mother *kitten* mantis you've ever seen. :)

kar7ghy49qjl.jpg
  • WendyJoy76
    Options
    g6in4pjhrhf7.jpeg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ncbz7pcpgjke.jpg
    Driest and emptiest caravan park in Australia :D
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Because it's the tiniest mother *kitten* mantis you've ever seen. :)

kar7ghy49qjl.jpg

Aww! In contrast, here is a giant mantis that kept my littlest kid company throughout much of a soccer match last fall.

jhmvwdabvslh.jpeg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    How about an orange dragonfly?

dxavor4jaq08.jpg
    ma276lp0jy0k.jpg
    2keyamsxyjnl.jpg
  • WendyJoy76
    Options
    jpzfjcp1sbrb.jpeg