How many calories do you eat a day?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• HealthyAndSober2018
    HealthyAndSober2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    stevephi01 wrote: »
    I'm tracking less than 1000 but still gaining - too low for me to close my diary, ah well a problem I'm having to work though.

Did the app recommend that low number? I suspect you aren’t eating enough to lose weight.

It's more likely that she isn't weighing her food and/or not tracking consistently.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Calories is 1200, but most days I am under, which is fine. I am under DR. care and she set the goals. And wants me to focus more on carbs, fat, protein, sugar. Which I am. I just started on May 6, 2018 and have lost 14.6 pounds. Goal is to lose about 3 pounds per week from now on. I see Dr. weekly. I log all foods daily so have a pretty accurate reading of what I am eating. But not really sure why the question is around calories anyway.

Because that's the only way you would lose weight, by eating fewer calories than you burn. Macros are generally personal preference, so you'll find people losing/gaining/maintaining on low carb, high carb, and anything in between, but calories are strictly determined by weight goals.
  • mobwifee
    mobwifee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1300 and losing consistently.
  • yvette1910
    yvette1910 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    1200 + 75% of my exercise calories.

That seems like a really good idea! I'm supposed to be on 1200 a day but find it hard to keep to that most days. Allowing 75% of my exercise calories to be eaten back will be a real incentive to exercise!
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Maintaining 2160 inactive
    Active: 2400+
  • EllieTheLondoner
    EllieTheLondoner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1200-1500 kcal a day, losing 0.5kg (about 1lb) on average. My body hates me, but I'm gonna beat it ;-p

Reading people losing weight on 1800+kcals a day makes me want to cry a little inside, you're living my fantasy!!
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    1400 - 1600 most days, sometimes more if I burned a lot through exercise, but even then I usually try to stay around 1600.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    baseline is 1270 but my steps add some so about 1450. I try to stay close to the goal. sometimes I go over
  • nicolehorn0114
    nicolehorn0114 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I’m currently losing about a pound to a pound and a half a week on 1600-1900, but I’m pretty active.

It’s the most enjoyable weight loss plan I’ve ever been on. Yay for everything in moderation!
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5'10" female, hit 199 yesterday (woohoo!). 1200 calories per day because I set my goals for 2 lb/week. So far I've been losing about that per week. I stick to that 1200 most days but go a couple hundred over on Saturday because I have a standing breakfast meeting. Yoga and bike riding for workouts. I should probably eat back at least some of my calories but I don't.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    yvette1910 wrote: »
    VUA21 wrote: »
    1200 + 75% of my exercise calories.

That seems like a really good idea! I'm supposed to be on 1200 a day but find it hard to keep to that most days. Allowing 75% of my exercise calories to be eaten back will be a real incentive to exercise!

It is! 150 calorie pack of Doritos, better get on that treadmill!!! Also, I'll try to burn as much as I can during the day if I know I am going out to dinner. Gives me really good buffer to order almost anything I want.
  • fitbit9672
    fitbit9672 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Honestly, about 2,300 calories a day. Very active and breastfeeding so I eat a lot
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    1530 and trying to lose another 30