Food hacks or easy ways to fight hunger.

2»

Replies

• helenneal28774
    helenneal28774 Posts: 2 Member
    Brushing my teeth!
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2018
    Diet soda :# Makes me feel full and like I got my “something sweet” fix.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Diet soda in the afternoon for that sweet fix.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    swhiteism wrote: »
    Diet soda :# Makes me feel full and like I got my “something sweet” fix.

Ha! Great minds!
  • stigay
    stigay Posts: 2 Member
    Sugar free jello is a great 10 calorie treat when my hunger is more of a mental than physical thing
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Another vote for protein here- everyone’s different, but I’ve found that for me, protein helps satisfy me.
    I make sure I have protein in each of my 3 main meals, and I also have a snack with protein in the afternoon- often some Greek yoghurt or a hard boiled egg.
    I’m not hungry like I used to be when I first started this journey- I think it’s a combination of getting used to my new way of eating (staying in a deficit, weighing and logging everything etc) and incorporating protein.
    You just gotta find what work for you!
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    If I'm feeling a little hungry and it's not time for a meal, I usually reach for an apple. It really takes care of my hunger for a few hours. It's a great snack.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    If Im really hungry, Ill take a nap. Weirdly enough, I always wake up with no hunger.
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    My trick is I only eat at set times-11 am,3,6,&10 pm.My body is so used to this schedule now that I only really get hungry when it’s about time to eat - I do chew gum to ease stress or if I’m bored and I enjoy it( log the calories) and I’ll also have a diet pop or coffee in between meals-if I need a pick me up when I’m tired.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    If brushing your teeth helps with hunger... you're not actually hungry.

I sometimes drink coffee just to get busy and have something in my stomach to delay a meal, but that doesn't help with hunger (water has never helped me either)
    Colorfan wrote: »
    If Im really hungry, Ill take a nap. Weirdly enough, I always wake up with no hunger.

I wake up STARVING from naps.

But yes, staying busy is key, even if you're hungry, if you're busy, it's easier to ignore.
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Colorfan wrote: »

Me too!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10563959/volume-eaters-thread/p1

^this! These ideas will fill you up with not breaking 'the fight'