Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options

Replies

• jenny_fur
    Options
    WOW! What a week! Awesome challenges here! Loving it!

Need to get my recipe posted... this is one I made up, its list as 3 servings but can easily be 4. I love Love LOVE Quinoa! Its a whole grain that cooks just like rice... in fact you can use it any way that you would rice. BUT IT TASTES BETTER!!

Chicken & Veggie Quinoa
    1c Quinoa
    1c Veggies
    6 oz Chicken (pre cooked)
    1tbs butter
    Red pepper
    Salt

Put it all in a pot and cook as directed for Quinoa.
    3 LARGE servings
    Per serving:
    Calories 235
    Sodium 113
    Fat 9
    Sugar 2
    Sat Fat 3
    Protein 22
  • lmmiller1
    Options
    I have Finally finished my 10 miles that I plegded to do...I got up this moring and did 4 miles walk/joggong on the treadmill.....So tired. But on the bright side I have earned alot of extra calories for a bday party today:) Mind you I will still be very cautious of what I put in my mouth, I did not work my butt off all week to mess it up today. Hope y'all have a great weekend and I cant wait to check in tomorrow with my weight lost!!!
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did my globe jumps, stairs, and jumping jacks last night, but I didn't have time to post it, so here it is now.

I'll pledge 500 ab crunches for this coming week.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I pledged 10 extra miles for the challenge this week... I finished 3 of those earlier this week, and I finished the other 7 today, so that part is done. :)

Also finished challenge for today:
    40 shoulder presses
    50 crunches
    1 extra mile

Lastly, here's my recipe for this week (this is a weight watchers recipe):

Fresh Vegetable Soup

2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 med onion, diced
    2 med carrots, diced
    1 med sweet red pepper, diced
    1 stalk celery, diced
    2 small zucchini, diced
    2 cups green cabbage, shredded
    2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
    2 cups cauliflower, small florets
    2 cups broccoli, small florets
    2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
    6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
    2 tbsp fresh parsley or chives, chopped
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

Put garlic, vegetables, thyme, and broth into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, about 10 minutes.

Stir in parsley or chives; season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

Serves 12
    Prep and cooking time: 50 minutes

Calories: 58
    Carbs: 8
    Sugar: 4
    Fat: 0
    Protein: 1
    Fiber: 3
    Sodium: 204
  • sherrylwilson
    sherrylwilson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Recipe

Angel Lush
    This is a light/low fat dessert!

Ingredients

1 (20oz) can of crushed pineapple in own juice (undrained)
    1 package of Vanilla sugar free pudding mix (instant)
    1 cup thawed cool whip topping (fat free)
    1 angel food cake
    10 Fresh strawberries

Directions
    Mix pineapple with the juice and the dry pudding mix in a medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping.
    Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom cake layer on a plate and top with 1 1/3 cups of pudding mixture.
    Cover pudding layer with another cake layer and an additional 1 cup of pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake layer and then spread top with remaining pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least an hour. Top with strawberries before serving.

10 servings

Per serving:
    Calories: 175
    Fat: 0
    Carbs: 43g
    Sodium 188mg
    Protein: .5
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    WEEK2 COMPLETE!!!!

Regular workout:
    1 hour cardio
    100 crunches
    50 Hip Adductions

Challenge
    +1mile walk uphill 4.0
    +50 Crunches
    +50 shoulder press

Under calories & water!

Weigh in tomorrow...
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did 2 more miles today. I think brihare ended up with another 4 miles today? He'll have to check in with his total for the week tomorrow as he's completely passed out asleep. Poor thing. :)

Just did 50 shoulder presses and 100 crunches - I was feeling beast! Hope the scale has nice things to tell me for weigh-in tomorrow.

Trying to really motivate myself to do my 30DS video tonight. My knees are killing me!
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    50 crunches
    50 shoulder presses with 20 lb weights
    15 miles
    done!
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!! I love that this week is crunches! I'll pledge 500 but will probably push for more. Call me crazy, I love crunches! Feel like I'm getting this two kid belly back in order!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Since my rest days are generally Fridays is it okay that I started the challenge today to make the six days? If not, I can do it all again tomorrow if need be! lol ~ I have way more time to do long workouts on the weekends so Saturdays and Sundays are never my rest days!

Today I did:
    55 minutes of Turbo Fire

36 (3 sets/12) Wood Chops (which I have never done before and I absolutely love them, I plan to do them a lot in the future!)
    60 Squat Kicks

and I did 100 ab crunches...I do 100-200 most days so this one will be an easy one for me!!

I still have a run to put in later tonight and I will post a yummy recipe in a few minutes!
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend! ♥
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Here is what's for supper tonight! :D

Thai Chicken and Pineapple Stir Fry

Servings: 4 • Size: 1.25 cups •
    Calories: 186.6 • Fat: 4.6 g • Carbs: 15.5 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 20.8 g • Sugar: 8.3
    Sodium: 557.2

Ingredients:

* 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
    * 1 tbsp soy sauce
    * 2 tbsp cornstarch
    * 1 tbsp oil, divided
    * 1 tsp minced garlic
    * 1 tsp minced ginger
    * 2 cups cubed assorted colors bell peppers (1/2-inch cubes)
    * 1 red chili pepper, chopped (optional or to taste)
    * 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
    * 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Pineapple & Chili dipping sauce

Directions:

Mix chicken and soy sauce in medium bowl. Add cornstarch; toss to evenly coat. Set aside.

Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and
    ginger; stir fry 30 seconds. Add bell peppers, chili pepper if using and pineapple; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp. Add sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from skillet.

Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until cooked through. Return bell pepper mixture to skillet; stir fry until well blended.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I found a recipe that I want to try. It's homemade salami, since I love salami this should be a better alternative.

Ingredients

2 pounds ground beef
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
    2 tablespoons sugar-based curing mixture (such as Morton® Tender Quick®)
    1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
    1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring

Directions

In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard seed, curing salt, black pepper and liquid smoke. Mix in the red pepper flakes if desired. Roll the mixture into a 2 inch diameter log, and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
    Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Make a few slits in the bottom of the roll to allow the fat to drain when cooking. Place roll onto a broiler pan, and fill the bottom part of the pan with about 1 inch of water to keep the salami moist.
    Bake for 90 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from pan and cool completely before unwrapping the salami. Slice and eat as lunch meat, or serve on a tray with crackers and cheese.

Calories: 96 | Total Fat: 8.2g | Cholesterol: 26mg
    Sodium 486 mg Protein 5.1g

I bet you could use ground turkey!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE these!

Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of nuggets • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 164.9 • Fat: 4.6 g • Protein: 22.1 g • Carb: 7.7 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 0.1 g

16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 tsp olive oil
    6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    2 tbsp panko
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    olive oil spray (I used my Misto)

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.

Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.

Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.

Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I did my 10 miles I did. I was very proud I ran 7miles of that and walked 3. I am wiped. Weigh in tomorrow at 530am. Yippy. I feel that I didn't lose this week though not sure whats up.

I will do 300 crunches!!!!!!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Challenges for the week done. Yay! Friday about killed me with those globe jumps!

A total of five miles for me towards last weeks pledge done.

Alright, how do these points go again?

Weight: .5 (yep, half again but at least it is the right direction)
    Daily challenges: 6 (one for each day right?)
    Team challenge: recipe posted - did we meet the team goal of 100 miles?
  • tagrady
    Options
    Great! Thanks guys!! I'm still waiting on a couple people, but we've KILLED the mileage challenge!!!! I'll post the numbers when it's all completed!

FYI, it's easiest you cut and paste, or print out the weekly challenges. So you don't have to dig through the forum every day. I'm more apt to do something when it's right in front of my face. I also try to remember to put them as my status updates for you guys.

And lastly, drinking 64oz of water and saying under your calories is GREAT, but it's not an ongoing part of the team challenge. Last week we did the 100 mi team group challenge instead, and this week crunches is our team challenge.

GO GET EM TEAM SKINNY, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I. LOVING HOW MY PANTS ARE TOO BIG!!

Tracy
  • tagrady
    Options
    ***************WEEK 2 STATS!!!**************************************

BIGGEST LOOSER....DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

calition 2.4%

Honerable Mentions..............

lmmiller1 1.4%
    szczepj 1.3%

************TOGETHER WE RAN 149 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB SKINNY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****************

NOW LETS GET TO THOSE SQUAT KICKS AND WOODCHOPS!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Awesome job everyone :)
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Man, our team is awesome... hooray for this week's biggest losers, too!

I was curious... did you guys see that Gary's doing another challenger for September? It looks like they need to be teams of 10 this time, plus a captain. I just wondered if anybody from this team wanted to do the challenge again. I love Team Skinny, so if anybody from this team wants to go again in September, let me know because I'd love to stick together. :)
  • tagrady
    Options
    Kellie~ Yes, Gary sent me the link and asked if we'd be submitting a group. I'm definately interested, anyone else in? We can only have 10 members including the captain. I think it will be a lot easier to manage 10 very dedicated people, so Kellie, if you want to be captain, just let me now. If not, i'm happy to be Captain again if no one else wants a turn.