Apple Cidar Vinegar

How many of you drink ACV everyday? If you do does it help with weight loss and general well-being? What is your favorite combination of ACV mixture? Im thinking of starting to drink it but looking for input

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I don't. I wouldn't even make it past day one. So even if there were weight loss benefits to it (which there aren't), I wouldn't take it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited May 2018
    Apple cider causing weight loss?? Hmmm....must have been reported by CNN PopSugar...... :D:D:D

FTFY :p
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »
    I have some almost every day, since my favorite salad dressing uses it (braggberry for those interested). However, I use the dressing because I like the taste, and don't think the acv matters at all.

Yeah, I love vinegar based dressings.

ACV is also good with cooked greens and pork.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    https://youtu.be/tfRuCT0T_W0

Not sure if the link will work but this video gives you an idea of the benefits (or lack there of).

I

That's hilarious!
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    I love how ACV refuses to die despite being complete codswollop!

It's a classic case of a small and badly conducted study by a company which produces ACV being completely misinterpreted by the media as a quick fix.

Japanese paper published in 2009 "Vinegar intake reduces body weight, body fat mass, and serum triglyceride levels in obese Japanese subjects. Kondo T1, Kishi M, Fushimi T, Ugajin S, Kaga T."

However, it was conducted at the Central Research Institute of the Mizkan Group Corporation. You'll never guess what they produce, market and sell. Yep you guessed it Apple Cider Vinegar.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    I love how ACV refuses to die despite being complete codswollop!

It's a classic case of a small and badly conducted study by a company which produces ACV being completely misinterpreted by the media as a quick fix.

Japanese paper published in 2009 "Vinegar intake reduces body weight, body fat mass, and serum triglyceride levels in obese Japanese subjects. Kondo T1, Kishi M, Fushimi T, Ugajin S, Kaga T."

However, it was conducted at the Central Research Institute of the Mizkan Group Corporation. You'll never guess what they produce, market and sell. Yep you guessed it Apple Cider Vinegar.

the ACV myth has been around a lot longer than 2009, at least as far back as the 1970's..
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    crisberube wrote: »
    How many of you drink ACV everyday? If you do does it help with weight loss and general well-being? What is your favorite combination of ACV mixture? Im thinking of starting to drink it but looking for input

Try eating 5 hamburgers, 2 hot dogs, a pint of ice cream and drink apple cider vinegar....let me know if the apple cider vinegar worked....of course I am being sarcastic....It's all about calories, apple cider vinegar won't do *kitten* if the rest of your diet is garbage. If you must take apple cider vinegar, it would be because you enjoy it on your salads (or food) or for whatever reason. Apple cider vinegar on it's own won't do anything. Not saying that it doesn't have benefits, but if you're relying it for just weight loss alone, you will be sadly disappointed.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    I use it in my BBQ sauce - especially good on pork steaks & ribs.
  • Shadow87
    Shadow87 Posts: 27 Member
    I use it for the psoriasis on my scalp but wouldn't drink it even if it did help lose weight...bleh
  • MammaGulley
    MammaGulley Posts: 4 Member
    Why would people drink that crap when they know it doesn't work? Stop the woo!! Pseudoscience kills.