• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Hoodrats. :lol:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I have another question.

Have you ever let someone get out of a ticket you were sure they deserved and why did you let them off the hook?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    My Sister (Who happens to be very pretty) has gotten let go EVERY SINGLE time she has ever been pulled over.
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    I have another question.

Have you ever let someone get out of a ticket you were sure they deserved and why did you let them off the hook?

• Just_J_Now
    edited May 2018
    Options
    LSmith0018 wrote: »
    I have another question.

Of course. I speed like you wouldn’t believe. I’m not a hypocrite cop. I don’t write speeding tickets. I simply use the speeding as a legal reason to stop the car to see who and what is inside. I couldn’t care less about them speeding, unless it’s reckless (+25 over).

I look for criminals to arrest when I work, not to write tickets to normal people. I have the highest arrest numbers at my department and write the least amount of tickets.

nevermind
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Do you judge people who keep a handcuff key on their keychain?
    I don’t judge people. I simply profile.

As in racial profile? :o

Criminal profile.

I was actually kidding but it does happen. I was once pulled over and my son was in the passenger side next to me and the officer immediately asked for his ID as well as mine. Not sure why as I was the one driving and not him but I just got a racist vibe from the dude. Maybe he thought we were illegal or something. That's always an assumption where I live. I hate it.

I ID everyone in the car, every time. A traffic stop is considered an investigation and I have the right to ID everyone in the car. I find a lot of warrants that way.

Arent you only allowed to ask for ID if a person has committed or is suspected of committing a crime?
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

Criminal profile.

I was actually kidding but it does happen. I was once pulled over and my son was in the passenger side next to me and the officer immediately asked for his ID as well as mine. Not sure why as I was the one driving and not him but I just got a racist vibe from the dude. Maybe he thought we were illegal or something. That's always an assumption where I live. I hate it.

I ID everyone in the car, every time. A traffic stop is considered an investigation and I have the right to ID everyone in the car. I find a lot of warrants that way.

Arent you only allowed to ask for ID if a person has committed or is suspected of committing a crime?

Yes, I'm curious about this too.
  • LSmith0018
    LSmith0018 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    My Sister (Who happens to be very pretty) has gotten let go EVERY SINGLE time she has ever been pulled over.
    I have another question.

I stopped a hot, snobby *kitten* not long ago. I cited that *kitten* and her dean or changed when she realized I wasn’t falling for her flattery. It’s offending actually.

Just be real and be honest, own up to your *kitten*, and I’ll usually always send you away with a warning. Try and use teasing good looks and flattery to persuade me, I’ll ticket that *kitten*.

thats a lot of kittens

I’m new. It really autofills with “kitten”??
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    This is so gonna all go sideways sooner rather than later.

• Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

Criminal profile.

Yes, I'm curious about this too.

We both know the answer to this question. Avoidance game is on point however.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    You never profiled me :'(
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,132 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Have you ever apprehended a perp and upon driving them back to the jail have you ever stopped to #2? Now, do you leave the perp in the car or do you bring them inside and handcuff them to a pipe in the bathroom? Ya know, for safe keeping?

If you have that emergency you have to have another officer stand by with the prisoner while you do what you have to do. I luckily have never had that happen but that has always been a fear for sure.