Ghost Stories - I Want To Hear Your Best!

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    I don't have a creepy story but one that kinda warms my heart. As a lot of you know, my best friend's 19 year old daughter passed away in March from a terminal illness.

She was like one of my own kids as well. Ever since then weird things have been happening to my best friend and her family. Literally the day after she passed her dad needed to get out of the house for a bit, went walking in a field. It was gloomy day. But one spot was lit up by the sun and he was drawn to it. In that spot was a pure white clean crisp feather. My friend and I had stayed at the house to work on funeral arrangements. He came home holding this feather crying, he just knew it was from Hannah. We did some investigating and found that finding a white feather right after some one passes that it means that loved one is telling you they are now your angel and they are safe. The very next day, her best friend found one as well. He said it was so weird, like he was just drawn to it. It was also pure white, crisp and clean. He was not at the house when the other one was being discussed, he had no idea her dad had found one the day before.

As we were making funeral arrangements we were scouring her room for her bibles, she knew she was dying and had started making peace with it, she was reading and learning. Trying to find her way. We knew she had outlined some things in her bibles that we wanted to use at the service. We looked through her room for hours for these damn bibles. Didn't find them and gave up. The next day I went into her room to get the boots she had picked out for her funeral, 2 bibles were laying right there on her bed. They were not there the day before. One was opened to a page that she had highlighted some scriptures and she had a picture of her parents paper clipped to that page. Of course, we had to use the scripture from that page.

Now that it's been a couple months strange things keep happening around their house and they know it's Hannah. Their Alexa who has never "spoken" out of turn before now will randomly say things that Hannah would have said. Now every night around 3 a.m. roughly the time Hannah would be going to bed most nights, the screen door will open and shut then Alexa will randomly say "goodnight, sweet dreams." Hannah's nightly routine. Radios will turn on and off to Hannah's favorite station. The coffee maker will turn on in the morning, also Hannah's routine. Lots of strange comforting things.

This is very sweet and very creepy. I wouldnt be able to handle it.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited May 2018
    I don't have a creepy story but one that kinda warms my heart. As a lot of you know, my best friend's 19 year old daughter passed away in March from a terminal illness.

She was like one of my own kids as well. Ever since then weird things have been happening to my best friend and her family. Literally the day after she passed her dad needed to get out of the house for a bit, went walking in a field. It was gloomy day. But one spot was lit up by the sun and he was drawn to it. In that spot was a pure white clean crisp feather. My friend and I had stayed at the house to work on funeral arrangements. He came home holding this feather crying, he just knew it was from Hannah. We did some investigating and found that finding a white feather right after some one passes that it means that loved one is telling you they are now your angel and they are safe. The very next day, her best friend found one as well. He said it was so weird, like he was just drawn to it. It was also pure white, crisp and clean. He was not at the house when the other one was being discussed, he had no idea her dad had found one the day before.

As we were making funeral arrangements we were scouring her room for her bibles, she knew she was dying and had started making peace with it, she was reading and learning. Trying to find her way. We knew she had outlined some things in her bibles that we wanted to use at the service. We looked through her room for hours for these damn bibles. Didn't find them and gave up. The next day I went into her room to get the boots she had picked out for her funeral, 2 bibles were laying right there on her bed. They were not there the day before. One was opened to a page that she had highlighted some scriptures and she had a picture of her parents paper clipped to that page. Of course, we had to use the scripture from that page.

Now that it's been a couple months strange things keep happening around their house and they know it's Hannah. Their Alexa who has never "spoken" out of turn before now will randomly say things that Hannah would have said. Now every night around 3 a.m. roughly the time Hannah would be going to bed most nights, the screen door will open and shut then Alexa will randomly say "goodnight, sweet dreams." Hannah's nightly routine. Radios will turn on and off to Hannah's favorite station. The coffee maker will turn on in the morning, also Hannah's routine. Lots of strange comforting things.

This is very sweet and very creepy. I wouldnt be able to handle it.

I will admit everyone freaked the first time we heard Alexa say "goodnight, sweet dreams" at 3 a.m. the morning after she passed. We all happened to just be still sitting around reminiscing and crying. We were all in shock still, even though she was terminal we really thought she had more time. I haven't been at their house at that time in the morning since but I see my BF most everyday and she just told me last night it is still happening. They have gotten use to it and they just respond "Goodnight Hannah". Whether it's really her or not, we will never know but it helps them. They still feel her with them.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    My brother as a camp counselor placed blocks to look like a cabin was placed there. He then told the kids that the lake monster came out of the lake and wrapped chains around the cabin and pulled it into the lake. He made up a name of the missing cabin and told then to go look for the old foundation blocks. That night he threw a rock into the lake and walked around the cabin bumping it with a chain. A hasty exit was made by all.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    My favorite was a crew installing a fire alarm in a mortuary. The work was done at night and the receiving table was through a open door next to the fire panel. The guys were a bit freaked out by this. One of them had gotten on the table covered by a sheet and waited for a crew mate to check the panel. He let out a ugh which got the attention of the other tech. He then proceeded to rise up slowly with another ughhhh. The poor guy looked like he saw a ghost for sure.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited May 2018
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Do you guys really think the stuff described in this thread is a manifestation of the ghosts of dead people?

I am on the fence. I really don't know what I believe. Are these things coincidence? Are they the subconscious of the grieving wanting it to be their loved one? Or are they really manifestations of the dead people? I am torn. But if it helps a loved one feel better about their deceased person, I am all for believing whatever you want.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    It's that time of year again.
    Bump!
  • Just_Mel_
    When I separated from my ex husband, my parents offered for me to live in a rent house they owned not far away. They had lived in this same house previously and a couple years prior, my daughter who was maybe 8 saw an old woman with long grey hair and a long white nightgown walk past her room at their house. My folks are super religious and tried to play it off as an "angel".

Fast forward a couple years and I'm living there alone with my 2 daughters. We would be sitting in the living room and hear the cabinet doors in the kitchen open and close and no one was in there. Came home one evening and all the mini blinds were all messed up, like when you run your hand up or down them and they all turn the wrong way. I thought my 7 yr old had messed with them, but they were all turned at the tops of the blinds, way too high for her to reach.

Another time, I came home from work and was alone because my girls were gone at my mother's. I walked into the living room and the tv was turned on. I never left the tv on when I left for work. It was on the dvd opening menu of Finding Nemo which was crazy, because I had the news playing on tv while I had gotten ready for work that morning. Also, you have to change the input on the tv for dvd mode and I know for a fact I hadn't done that. I turned off the dvd player and put it back onto TV mode. I then walked into the bathroom to find several of my daughter's bath toys all lined up on the counter. They had NOT been there when I left for work. I scatter all my makeup and hair stuff on the counter when I get ready and there's no way those toys could have been there. Days later I thought about that Finding Nemo DVD and how it was weird that dvd was playing, because my kids are older and hadn't watched that movie in years. So I decided to check the dvd player and when I opened it up, it wasn't even Nemo, but Lion King that was in there.

Oh yeah, one time I fell hard down some stairs and thought I broke my ankle. My daughter had seen the entire thing happen and it freaked her out because she said I propelled forward in such a way that it looked like someone had pushed me.
    It legit felt like someone did.

I moved out of that place after 5 long months.
    My sister and her husband live there now, and last Easter he was telling the whole family about how he always feels there's someone in the home with him while he's there alone.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Lived in Indiana when I was younger and went down a back road that had fields upon fields of very tall sunflowers
    There were no houses just sunflowers on each side of me and all of a sudden a small child comes out of the field onto the road and I stop my car and he walks back into the flowers and I can’t see him anymore

It was creepy because he didn’t act like he was lost looking for help nothing
    Just very slowly walked out and then Walked back in

Idk if It was the green talking or what but it was weird

• Just_Mel_
    The old ghost story thread had some really good ones posted. I need to go back and read them again since it won't bump.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I see creatures and I guess demons.
    Not something I like to talk about.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    This thread always freaks me out.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    last thanksgiving i was out camping.

it was a hike-in location and there wasn't anybody else set up around me at all.
    that night i ended up with all these coyotes running around outside my tent for a few hours. you could hear them breathing and panting they were so close. that was pretty freaky on its own.
    so i didn't sleep much basically; until they left around 1am I think.

i did finally go back to sleep but it was pretty restless. i tossed and turned a lot.

around 3am i woke up because there was some lady outside my tent laughing.
    she was standing, it sounded at least, right outside the back "window" of my tent (which i'd left zipped up), and she started talking to me.

her voice was really close, like she was leaning towards the window basically. she didn't say much other than she kept asking me to let her in and she was cold. but she kept laughing the whole time. it wasn't huge drunken laughter at all. it was really soft and giggly.

anyhow- i told her i couldn't let her in. told her to leave me alone.
    she asked me to let her in one more time. kept laughing for a minute. then she just stopped.

i vaguely remember that i did hear someone walking around but that was it.

and i actually fell back asleep after.

the next morning i started packing up and i could see one of the coyotes had marked the tree beside my tent, but otherwise there weren't any signs of anybody having been wandering around that i could see.

i hiked back to the parking area and my truck was the only one there. it was designated parking for the camping area i was in too.

im atheist, and don't believe in ghosts or anything like that really. but tbh i still don't really know what it was all about. if it was some drunk person wandering around then i don't know where they came from or where they went.

it could've been a random nightmare, but i'm usually pretty good at remembering those and knowing the difference.
  • iMago
    kace_kay wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »

it was a hike-in location and there wasn't anybody else set up around me at all.
    that night i ended up with all these coyotes running around outside my tent for a few hours. you could hear them breathing and panting they were so close. that was pretty freaky on its own.

i did finally go back to sleep but it was pretty restless. i tossed and turned a lot.

she was standing, it sounded at least, right outside the back "window" of my tent (which i'd left zipped up), and she started talking to me.

her voice was really close, like she was leaning towards the window basically. she didn't say much other than she kept asking me to let her in and she was cold. but she kept laughing the whole time. it wasn't huge drunken laughter at all. it was really soft and giggly.

she asked me to let her in one more time. kept laughing for a minute. then she just stopped.

the next morning i started packing up and i could see one of the coyotes had marked the tree beside my tent, but otherwise there weren't any signs of anybody having been wandering around that i could see.

i hiked back to the parking area and my truck was the only one there. it was designated parking for the camping area i was in too.

im atheist, and don't believe in ghosts or anything like that really. but tbh i still don't really know what it was all about. if it was some drunk person wandering around then i don't know where they came from or where they went.

it could've been a random nightmare, but i'm usually pretty good at remembering those and knowing the difference.

Oh my lawd, that's terrifying. How did you not lose your *kitten*?

you'll be happy to know, that's the same place i'm going back to this sunday...though i don't think im gonna be at the same site.
  • iMago
    iMago wrote: »

still kinda ticked you didn't let me in.

i like to imagine it actually was some succubus that's wandering around now in eternal twilight and feeling kinda rejected.