Last film you saw...

Replies

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Ninja Turtles

The original 1980's, or remake?

Avengers: Infinity War and Ant-Man

Out of the Shadows

Ahh, haven't seen that one yet. Used to enjoy the movies and comics, then got away from them for a while for some reason.

Saw Deadpool 2 on Sunday.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    World War Z
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Detroit. This movie was intense and has you on an emotional rollercoaster. You're angry one minute. Rolling your eyes the next. And witnessing acts & responses so incomprehensible that words fail you.

**My mind was screaming with questions about 1967 vs 2018?? Black lives matter vs Blue lives matter? Am I too much of a universal offspring, where I feel for both sides, understanding the differing communication patterns of fear actualised?
  • steve_bb
    steve_bb Posts: 675 Member
    Shawshank Redemption
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Katherine Bigelow's "Detroit" storytelling shatters our emotions as we're watching it because "All Lives Matter."
    The introduction: The Great Migration set in motion before WWI would spur some 6 million African-Americans to leave the cotton fields of the South for the lure of factory jobs and civil rights in the North.

After WWI, white Americans began their own migration to the suburbs, drawing money and jobs away from increasingly segregated urban neighbourhoods. By the 60s racial tensions had reached a boiling point. Rebellions erupted in Harlem, Philadelphia, Watts and Newark.

In Detroit, African-Americans were restricted to a few overcrowded neighbourhoods, patrolled by a mostly white police force known for its aggression.

The promise of equal opportunity for all turned out to be an illusion. Change was inevitable. It was only a matter of how and when.

Viewed Abe Forsythe's "Down under" ... Equally disturbing.

"Hate is born of ignorance. Fear is its father. Isolation, its mother." - [Christian Picciolini, TED Talks]
  • Champd36
    Champd36 Posts: 59 Member
    Solo...
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    I watched the Power Rangers movie with my kiddos.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Solo. Very enjoyable. If you like Star Wars, don’t miss this one.
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    a quiet place its a horror
  • 777Gemma888
    Geostorm After reading it here@CoffeeAndContour.

Wonder woman. Her casting makes sense after watching the film. That isn't to say that Gina Carano or Lynn Collins wouldn't have killed it too with their portrayals of Wonder woman.
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Deep throat lol
  • cfgreear
    cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
    Deadpool 2, I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.
  • The_Canadian_Apex
    The_Canadian_Apex Posts: 572 Member
    cfgreear wrote: »
    Deadpool 2, I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

Same here. I've actually gone twice. Loved it
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    It (the newer version)

I attempted for the 15th time to finish watching it. I have a remaining 30 minutes and I doubt I will ever finish watching it :D
  • 777Gemma888
    edited May 2018
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    Revenge

Didn't it seem like 'an act of God' that the lead overcame the terrain, the conflicts presented ...
    Me before you :heartbreak:

I've just clicked, following my sister's reminder as to why you were all teary answering your door.

• 777Gemma888
    It (the newer version)

I attempted for the 15th time to finish watching it. I have a remaining 30 minutes and I doubt I will ever finish watching it :D

We have literally avoided watching this movie. Looks scary.
  • 777Gemma888
    Revenge

Didn't it seem like 'an act of God' that the lead overcame the terrain, the conflicts presented ...

I've just clicked, following my sister's reminder as to why you were all teary answering your door.

You are going to cry. Hard. I was bawling my eyes out. Bring tissues, no bring a whole box. But even still it’s a beautiful story.

Girlie ... I didn't just cry watching this movie. I fell in love with him. At that moment, I was Louisa (Lou) Clark.
  • 777Gemma888
    Revenge

You are going to cry. Hard. I was bawling my eyes out. Bring tissues, no bring a whole box. But even still it’s a beautiful story.

Girlie ... I didn't just cry watching this movie. I fell in love with him. At that moment, I was Louisa (Lou) Clark.

Do you like to read?

That I do dearie. :smile: Reading 6 novels a day was precisely how I'd made dosh back when I'd just arrived in the US. Do you have a book you'd think I'd enjoy?