Is it possible to make Greek yogurt taste good?

Options
13»

Replies

• bexfield
    bexfield Posts: 21
    Options
    Eat it with stuffed grape leaves! :)
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    a tiny bit of pure vanilla extract! and of course fresh fruit
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Yes, like the last person just said, it makes a great substitute for sour cream. If you can do fruit, then you might try it in a smoothie--I used to do that a lot to boost the protein. I'd even add it to that no-pudge brownie mix from Trader Joe's, but not now that I'm watching my carbs. :)

I posted a low carb brownie recipe a while back................Let me see if I can find it. You will have to make them from scratch though.

6 Tbsp. Coconut oil melted
    2 eggs
    1/2 c. honey
    1/2 c. cocoa powder
    1/4 c. coconut flour
    1-2 Tbsp. unsweetened and unsulphured coconut for topping(optional)
    Ground nuts for topping (optional)
    berries (optional)

Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl except for the coconut topping. In a loaf pan (it doesn't make very many brownies), spray with Canola cooking spray. Add batter. Sprinkle batter with unsweetened coconut. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Serve with coconut, berries and / or nuts on top. This is like hot chocolate on a plate; you're welcome. :)
  • je123
    je123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki - Cucumber Yogurt Dip is delicious with garlic and lemon juice and goes with anything. I like it as a salad dressing. I prefer the full fat version rather than the 0% fat yorgurt as it tastes much creamier and well worth the extra calories.
  • heatherhicksfakih
    heatherhicksfakih Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    what about 1tbsp of peanut butter? Works for me :)
  • heatherhicksfakih
    heatherhicksfakih Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    never thought of this...thanks :)