B)
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,087 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Happy June. I think this summer is going to fly by there is so much going on. DS dropped by today to pick up the RV. He and DGD are headed to Wenatchee for a swim meet. She swims this afternoon and again tomorrow. I am one of those who weigh daily. I know it goes up and down but just like keeping track. My chart on Fitbit gives me a daily line plus one for my weight trend. I like that.

Lisa and Heather - Thinking of you both and hoping things are going well on the housing front.

Cheri - Sounds like moving is going well and you seem excited about the new house.

Becca - Glad your little fledgling seems to have gotten off the ground.

Katla - Congratulations on the RV purchase. Enjoy!

Barbie - Thanks for all you do to keep us going.

Penny - Good to see you back.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Just going to put this up here. I saw it the other day on facebook and it made me think of Wendy (although this is not a honey bee). lol Now I kind of want a pet bee! https://www.facebook.com/soulmatesdodo/videos/1708632352551077/UzpfSTYxOTQyMzIyMDoxMDE1NjQ3OTk2NTM1ODIyMQ/
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Just going to put this out there. I found this on facebook the other day and it reminded me of Wendy (except this is not a honey bee). Now, I kind of want a pet bee! Enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/soulmatesdodo/videos/1708632352551077/UzpfSTYxOTQyMzIyMDoxMDE1NjQ3OTk2NTM1ODIyMQ/
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Awwww... Sweet! Thanks for posting that Kelly.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So I paid bills, and have a bit of wiggle room. About $50 of play money a week to whittle down on my wish list. One thing I want is a lounge chair for the sun room. Two chairs facing each other look like we are interrogators of some sort! My husband uses my chair to put his feet up, and I do the same for this chair. Presently we are both out, and yep we are kinda facing each other.
    Most of the nice lounge chairs range in the $200 category. Ouch!
    Still are trying to figure out how to pay for the sun room ceiling cleaning. Also for a lawn service. Big homes= $ upkeep. I am taking things in stride.
    Hugs and happy Friday!
    Talked to youngest Navy son on the phone today. Not in the Nuke program anymore, but waiting with about 140 others that tapped out too! Most likely another month wait to talk to detailer of what other rates he wants, and transfer to attend school for it. He seems happy go lucky about life. He says they have them doing roving duty, fire watch, cleaning detail, etc. They aren't sitting around being bored!

Eldest son got home from night duty at 2, so now it's 12:36pm and he has yet to get up! He said he wants to go to the commissary with us. Waiting for others is not husband's strong suit.
    Take care everyone!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island WA
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Snowflake - Don't waste your time and/or money on the magnetic lashes; they are not perfected yet. I tried several. One the bands were so straight they did not look nature. The 2nd from a different company - magnets so strong, they pulled the other one off before you could set them. If you get any, put the top lash on first so you don't have your eyebrow in the way. I'll just use mascara - several coats drying in between all of them. When I was much, much younger, and they first came out, I glued the individual lashes to my own, so they'd look natural, not like they do most of the time with an entire strip. There is a woman that works at or owns a nursery in the next county - she has 'ginger' hair; doesn't wear any make-up; but, if she did … her blue eyes would pop the Hello-Kitty off the charts. Her lashes are long and they split like deer brow tines on the ends (which are blond). I had a first cousin that was born with lashes so thick they looked like a pair of false eyelashes had been put on her. She was a beautiful baby; and, still as an adult is very pretty. I doubt that she ever had to wear mascara. Blond; but, her lashes were black, and eyes blue. I think it is 'false advertisement' in magazines where they advertise for mascara lengthening and volume and then 'in very small print' say they have lashes or extensions added. Back when I was younger and glued individual lashes to my own, I did wear mascara; but, if the mascara did not come off in a shower, then it was there to stay. Wore them for years and years.

My oldest sister's hair is 'white'; my middle sister is letting hers go gray after years and years of bleaching it. Mine is mostly 'white' with light brown everywhere else. I use 'blond' eyebrow make-up and I 'swear' by WunderBrow, it stays on for several days (even though mine and very thin and sparse). I like their mascara as well. Tami gave me some lipstick that has a special gloss that you have to wear with it; the stain dries my lips out so much and burns that I've gone back to my regular Maybelline stains. That way I can use the special gloss and it helps. Even using the special stain; by the end of the day I had licked it off or drank it off when drinking water or anything. So, there really isn't a failsafe lipstick that stays on. I prefer 'corals' with my skin tone - or nudes. The pinks are okay; but, the 'reds' just have way too much of a blue undertone and looks harsh; and, makes my teeth look dingy. My posts and caps are not 'white' like some people I know - they could have been; but, the dentist I used never wanted anything to 'look fake' so he matched the color for the caps to my other teeth.

General frustration vent - I'm doing my best not to get too upset; because I don't have any control over it; but, the next 2 weeks I will be going into town with husband to go to appointment starting Tuesday (when I get my hair cut - after going over at least one month too long) - had to cancel it last time. Then Wednesday have my year physical and mammogram, will get my pre-op labs done there as well. I've got to remember to take my list of what surgeon wants done, so the hospital will have them when I get there. EKG, either there or I might need to call to make sure they will accept one done at a private MD's office - they might prefer to wait and have me do it there. Thursday, go back to OrthoMD about wrist. I did not think it would continue hurting like it does. Been doing all the exercises that were given to me at my first PT session - because I am on a 'driving restriction' … or was at the time - just could not go in every day. Friday - nothing, thank goodness. I have Barrett's Esophagus and a small hiatal hernia. The Monday after that I go back to have a repeat colonoscopy with a 2 day prep (liquids only), then first day 2 bottles of Magnesium Citrate, and then same prep as last time - but start it earlier in the afternoon/evening. Had to buy 'cherry' and not so sure how I will like that. The plain/lemon wasn't too bad; but, they were out of it. Tuesday go in for weigh-in and; then after I get finished with that go next door and have a "Marshmallow" Barium Swallow; different because rather than just drinking water before the barium is used; will have to eat marshmallows instead. Oh, fun! They turn you over and over to make sure the barium has coated your stomach inside. So actually, I will have 3 days of a clear liquid diet - so I 'should' lose some weight - albeit not a permanent loss - probably. The Thursday is clear diet and nothing by mouth after Midnight - have to call hospital after 3:00pm and before 5:00pm to find out what time I am supposed to get to the hospital for the Surgeon to repair the hernia and do a LINX procedure. Got to do something to stop the acid reflux before it turns into pre-cancerous or cancer. I might be a freaking basket case after all this. Louis went with me yesterday when the surgeon explained everything to us and why and showed pictures and all that. I had questioned the 'other' MD in his practice that tried to do the colonoscopy; but, did not get a good view because prep did not work entirely; so he got his surgery notes and agreed that it needed to be done again. OH $#T - literally and figuratively speaking. I won't be 'Full of $#*T' - at least not for a while. So now, both Louis and I are on Miralax - because he told us that we should not be constipated and since we ate 3 meals a day we should be having a minimum of 3 BMs a day. Louis is taking it twice a day; I am taking it twice a day until I'm no longer constipated - hopefully this is achieved before the LINX procedure - or that is what the Surgeon thinks should happen. AFTER that - it will just be a matter of waiting for results. I really show be 'glowing' after all this x-ray exposure. They say not to have a MRI; but, surgeon says this has been proven not to be the case with the 'new' machines they have out. Said that there are 3 different MRIs and I'd still be given a card to carry with me in my wallet that will show that I have this implant.

Then in July will see my GP; have to see him every 6 months so he will keep me as an 'active' patient. He is so 'loved' by everybody who goes to him, I don't ever want to 'lose my spot'.

But, after all that - life is good! Still not driving. I think Louis and Trey have already decided they really don't want me to. Mainly because starting in November - I'm not having any type of 'aura' before I just fall out and have a seizure. But, haven't had once since they got me back up to the dosages I was taking before I went into the hospital. The MD who was 'on call' (or is the 'hospital' PsycheMD) messed with my 'seizure meds' and all she did was succeed at making me Dilantin Toxic. That was a rough week after I got home. Was so 'drunk' I might just as well have chug-a-lugged a 5th of liquor. That is exactly how I felt; but, did not know why until I saw Neurologist. I would have become deathly ill if I had not had the Dilantin lowered when it was and not have waited until I saw him about a month to 5 weeks after getting out. He was 'pissed'. Had to take 3 Dilantin levels before it fell back down below where it had been prior to the change.

Trying not to *kitten* too much about anything because Louis has been a 'champ' … other than grumbling under his breath. Yep, he is stuck with me - he could have traded me in on two 21-year-olds years ago; now he would have to trade me in on three 22-year-olds and a 'baby' (less than a year). He just 'shakes his head'. Love that man, don't know what I'd do without him.

Hi to all the newbies. Congrats to all who have continued succeeding; heads up to all who have 'fallen off the wagon or stayed on by hanging by their nails'. August - we go to Louisiana for about 10 days. Cracker will go to the "Doggie Spa" … so she can get out several times a day and exercise. They said last time, she just wanted to sit in one of their laps; but, she was quiet. They have a shallow pool for them to get in; deeper in one part; but, no more than 48" (maybe 60" at the deepest part).

Jennifer's niece got taken to Macon (much bigger hospital and is a Class I Trauma Center because she got 'something' while in the hospital after giving birth to her 4th baby - so Jennifer has volunteered to help with 2 of the children. I don't know how they will do it; but, 'not my' circus, not my monkey'. Good thing it is summer so the girls will be keeping them during the day and she won't have to take them to daycare in the opposite direction from going to work. Her company has been sold; but, she has been told not to worry - they like her and she doesn't have to worry about her job. One of the other ladies is not so positive and all she talks about - daily - is 'how she has been through it twice in her life and replaced with someone that worked for the company that bought wherever she worked before out'. Jennifer is hoping that maybe she will be 'encouraged' to 'retire', she is certainly 'old' enough - but she also has had cancer, so they might have to kick her or drag her 'screaming and cursing' out of there - because of benefits - I'm sure she can COBRA her insurance. I know when they made changes (after I left the first real job I had) there were several of the women in the office that were offered early retirement with no loss of benefits. For the Claims Clerk who was the Head of the Department - it probably could not have come at a better time - she drank on the job and the other 2 claims clerks said to keep my desk locked at all times. I was just amazed the first time she leaned over her bottom drawer and took a big swig out of a Vodka bottle; then she chewed about 1/2 a pack of chewing gum. She rarely got up from her desk, now I know why.

Pip - You and Kirby sort of 'look alike' other than he is blond and you are brunette. I've heard a lot of people say that some married couples start looking alike the longer they are with one another. I just hope I don't go bald.

Well - CHOW!
    Lenora
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Just got back from lunch with my eldest. His onboarding went well. He is still very excited about the job. He will work 40 hours next week -- which will be a big adjustment for him, but he is happy about it. He is feeling more positive about life.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    253149qtzkf0ld22.gif Line dance class today was lots of fun. By the time I got there I had walked the dogs a total of three hours some before and some after breakfast. Now I've earned a rest.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    not much up for anything tonight with not sleeping last night... so no movie for me tonight...working Tomorrow until one... I have to do a deep clean around here and have just been to lazy...it is warm and muggy out now, but will be cooling down... here is hoping that the day of the wedding there is nice weather,,,the makeup I bought is very subtle ,so I dont looke trashy ,just natural,,, I have NO eyelashes and did buy mascara which doesn't work a flip... but I will not glue eyelashes on..
    going to go wash my face and get the makeup off , and maybe watch a little tv before I hit the hay,
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Lenora- I think kirby is ALOT better looking than me, with those blue eyes and dimples , butt thanks