csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Oops, posted on May. :(
    ryenday wrote: »
    Kidd Kirby reminds my husband that he forgot to give Kidd a piece of pizza! Lol
    u4e2qjrtz1vr.png

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Bike Hm 2 gym- 7.04min, 13.5amph, 138mhr, 1.5mi= 67c
    Rowing machine- 15min, 95ahr, 118mhr, 56aw, 2438meters= 82c
    Stairclimber- 5.51min, 103ahr, 113mhr, 20fl, lvl6, tan mahal= 39c
    Floor exercises- 20.33min, 88ahr, 105mhr, 5 sets of 10 ea, 8 diff exercises = 84c
    Bike gym 2 dome- 5.01min, 17.9amph, 122mhr, 1.4mi= 41c
    Bike Puyallup 2 Dunn sta- 15min, 12.3amph, 135mhr, 3mi= 116c
    Run sta2 wk- 4.27min, 8.42min mi, 149mhr, .5mi= 57c
    Run wrk 2 sta- 4.03min , 8.50min mi, 151mhr, .4mi= 63c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.53min, 143mhr, 8.2amph, 2.5mi= 183c

Total cal732
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Been playing a lot of golf this week and it tires me out. Boy, it is so hot here. Our neighbors are getting married tomorrow in their back yard at 4 pm. Suppose to be 102. Oh my.
    Allie, love the new hair cut. It suits you. I don’t have many eyelashes either. I use a pencil to do a line half way under my lower lashes and all round the top lashes. Seems to take the place of
    lashes.
    Today when I put my golf clubs in the trunk of my car I had to laugh because I also had my yoga mat and my water aerobic weights in there.
    Getting late.
    SueBDew in TX
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a sweet step DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Hot Cardio DVD (a new one – we shall see how it works out)

Mary – for the last days I’ve been pretty good about my carb content. But I must say – this limiting fruit is the absolute pits! Update: so much for today!

Cheri – when we moved to NC we did exactly what you did – rented first. I must say, that was the absolute best decision we could have made. I thought I’d like living in the area where we rented the apartment but found that I really preferred to be closer to shopping. I know of so many people in Newcomers who came to NC and bought a house. Now they are sorry they bought the house because they’d rather live somewhere else. I know you’ll love your new home.

I’m a bit in a dilemma. I don’t know if it would be wise to tell Pete when we go up there that his family insulted all of our family (even Denise) at her bridal shower. He seems to think that his family is this wonderful thing who would never talk down to Denise. No, they’d just insult her and her entire family behind her back. The sad part is Denise doesn’t even realize (I think) that she was insulted. She never stood up for her family. One part of me feels it isn’t fair to him to not know the truth. The other side of me says “the past can’t be changed. They just don’t know any better” I know why Denise never stood up for us. Because she’s the kind of person who doesn’t like to make waves and she knows that no matter what, we’re always going to love her.

Rye – that’s how we handled our wedding. We paid for everything. Now my father (who was a tavern owner so that probably swayed his decision) wanted top shelf. We weren’t going to pay for that. So he paid the difference.

Lynette – Denise said yesterday that the cake arrived. However, in the meantime she asked Pete to get her a cookie cake. In her defense, she didn’t know that the cake was coming. Honestly, I’m surprised it took so little time. I only mailed it Tuesday and it got there Thursday. I didn’t pay for priority shipping.

You know, I just realized that Pete never danced at all with me at his wedding. Well…no big loss. He didn’t give me the sign of peace at the wedding, either. Denise did to his parents. Again…no big loss

Rita – great idea. Plus it provides shade for cars. I’m surprised more WalMarts don’t do something like this. Maybe solar panels are too expensive? Reminds me of what they say about Florida – “the best parking spots are in the shade, regardless of how far from the store they are” Love the picture and saying

Allie – I think your haircolor is wonderful! Makes you look so young

Carole – welcome. Great goals

Rebecca – I hope you feel better fast Update: glad to hear that you’re feeling better and no more dizziness for now

Vince got a cantilever umbrella for the pool. He uses the pool more now. He’s not one for the sun, I don’t have a problem with it. Honestly, I’d prefer not to have the shade in the pool, but I’d also like Vince to use the pool. So I let him have the umbrella The heat pump went. Personally, it doesn’t bother me not to have it. But Vince wants it. We do occasionally use it. He called to have the pump repaired. It’s the same thing as was wrong a year ago, it had a 1 year warranty, they were out in May. They’re supposed to be here Mon between 12 and 3 to repair it. We shall see if they charge us for it. Vince again hurt his back (did I tell you that) so he wasn’t planning to go to bowling so he’ll be home for this repair guy.

Janet – good for you losing that much

Kitty – welcome. Awesome weight loss

I usually wear at least mascara. I look much better with at least a little on. I do admit that sometimes I just give my eyelashes a rest when I know I’m not going anywhere and don’t put any on.

Okie – I don’t stress about a weight gain unless it’s constant and a lot. I know that what goes up must come down. The weekly weight is what counts.

Felicia – congrats to your son

Wendy – 14 more days to go!!!

M – You never cease to amaze me!

Suebdew – is it humid where you are? I can stand the heat, but the humidity makes it feel so much worse.

Michele in NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Been playing a lot of golf this week and it tires me out. Boy, it is so hot here. Our neighbors are getting married tomorrow in their back yard at 4 pm. Suppose to be 102. Oh my.
    Allie, love the new hair cut. It suits you. I don’t have many eyelashes either. I use a pencil to do a line half way under my lower lashes and all round the top lashes. Seems to take the place of
    lashes.
    Today when I put my golf clubs in the trunk of my car I had to laugh because I also had my yoga mat and my water aerobic weights in there.
    Getting late.
    SueBDew in TX

That's exactly what I do with my eyes, Sue. Seems to work Okay, but I still miss eyelashes. Lol

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Michelle - As hard as it is going to be to 'not' say something to Pete about his family insulting Denise and her family. The 'best' thing you can do is 'zip it' … I know - I have a 'loud-mouthed' DDnL#1 and I bite my tongue a whole lot; but, DOS has already told me, 'if the 2 of you cannot get along; I will take Jenn's side … she IS MY WIFE. GREAT, Trey - that is 'exactly' what you needed to say … so that I am not constantly dragged into the middle of their arguments that get 'started' because of miscommunication'. He re-sent a 'friend request on Facebook' immediately. She has not even asked to be 'friends' and it isn't my place and I flatly refuse to 'ask' her. I don't say 'jack squat' … they are better off; I'm better off; and, all I have to do is 'ignore' Louis when he starts in on the 'stupid things she says or does via Trey - who works for him'. I will never understand a lot about Jenn because how she grew up and how we did and how we brought up our sons are totally polar opposites on so many sides.

Same goes for Will and Tami. They are so far away that we are not 'in on their day-to-day life' and although I would really like to see them more than just once a year - we will discuss that with them when we go out there. Will have 'nothing to do with Jenn because of how Jenn treated Tami - for no good reason' and he isn't going to come visit if they have to be around her. So … my time with my youngest son will always be 'out in Louisiana'. I hate it; but, I know Will … when Will has had his 'fill of you - he is finished' … in that way he is exactly like my Daddy. I don't worry about him nearly as much since he and Tami got married and I worried less about him when he was single - I knew that he was 'ok'. I worried more about Trey because he can get 'down in the dumps' pretty easily. BUT, 'if he thinks he is happy … then I have to accept that from him'. Letting go of grown children is one of the hardest things we have to do as parents (especially mothers). I don't have any daughters; and, I do have a 'step-child' who has been 'out of our lives for going on 11 years and we have a granddaughter by her' who we have NOT seen in 11 years - last time was when my MnL died. Last time we heard from Sherry was the day she sent a death certificate with a sticky note on it that read: "IF you need anything else, call the funeral home." IF that wasn't a KISS MY @$$ - I don't know what is. As far as Louis is concerned he doesn't have a daughter. She is 'dead to him'. It hurts; but, if he can accept it then I will obey his wishes and not even try to contact her for any reason. She knows 'how old he is and that doesn't seem to make any difference'. So we don't have a daughter and we don't have a 5th granddaughter. It works for us.

All you can do is 'accept Denise's choice for a husband' and 'if' one day she wants to 'come home' … then let her and do NOT try to 'bait her for information'. Just let her get whatever she wants off her chest and hug her and love her. She might still be with Pete long after you are dead and gone. People 'fall' (or 'fall in love') with others for reasons that most people will never understand. You and Vince just need to enjoy one another and whatever you do in your neighborhood with you friends.

Saying prayers for your friends and family is usually easy … it is your enemies and the hurt that sometimes you feel because of what a family member does or doesn't do or says or doesn't say. God Grant You Serenity. I have that Prayer hanging up over my desk area. Believing in that and trying to make it a big part of your day will make things 'lighten up'. Don't ask, don't tell. Just listen. I had a friend in our neighborhood when we were growing up that would just 'laugh' at me for saying or doing things in front of our sons. Well, when you are Bipolar - you don't always have much control over what you say or do. My kids have been with me throughout the years and they have seen and heard a whole lot that I wish they had not. But, that's life. I hear them talk about things that I sometimes 'wish' I did not know - but, they are adults and most of the things they did as teenagers - I already 'knew' about - because they were the same things that Louis and I did 'as teenagers'. Same thing our parents did. It is a lot more relaxing (to me) to give up control and not have to make decisions for our sons and their families. They are grown up and they can handle their own lives and they can raise their children as they deem fit. I might not agree; but, I have raised my children … one day they might have to make decisions about me. I hope that never comes; but, it can always happen.

Lenora
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    I’m a bit in a dilemma. I don’t know if it would be wise to tell Pete when we go up there that his family insulted all of our family (even Denise) at her bridal shower. He seems to think that his family is this wonderful thing who would never talk down to Denise. No, they’d just insult her and her entire family behind her back. The sad part is Denise doesn’t even realize (I think) that she was insulted. She never stood up for her family. One part of me feels it isn’t fair to him to not know the truth. The other side of me says “the past can’t be changed. They just don’t know any better” I know why Denise never stood up for us. Because she’s the kind of person who doesn’t like to make waves and she knows that no matter what, we’re always going to love her.

My advise would be ... no, absolutely not.

Be the most pleasant, fun, happy, nicest people you can be. Be people that Pete and Denise would want to invite more often and would want to spend more time with. :)

I've completely lost track of time, but wasn't the bridal shower a year ago already?

M in Oz

M is right. Let it go and move on.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Janetr - Love that quote! It's what I have gleaned from reading my running books. It's all about the mind. :D<3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    i finally turned the a.c. on though I didnt want to, just takes a bit of the stagnant yuck out of the air. tomorrow going from 80 plus to low 60s tomorrow yeesh. will see if my DB needs help with dads house. I really need to go through and organize paperwork and clean my place and walk in closet..
    finally getting used to the color of my hair, and everyone except the one I knew that would say something.. and she did..
    sent out the paperwork for home owners and auto insurance.. slow but sure im plugging along.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ Agree with the others. Bringing up hurt just fosters more animosity.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Meant Chrissie Wellington. Auto correct. :#

Put a few things for hiking and swimming in the 3rd suitcase. Plus a few shoes. Thank goodness we aren't flying!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    June already!

KJ - what a neat bee story. I'm growing a small patch of wildflowers like I did last year and yesterday I counted four small bumblebees on the blooms. They are my favorite bees.

Beth - good luck with cochlear implants. My DH, at age 73, can hear TOO WELL! He has a thing for low-frequency sounds that immediately cause him terrible anxiety and he nearly flies into a rage. I wonder if it's PTSD from Vietnam. Anyhow, I had to talk him down from confronting our neighbor about his lawn mower (which, to me, sounds like the rest of the mowers in the neighborhood). Ended up ordering him some active noise-cancelling headphones he can wear and I hope they work. Our TV doesn't have Bluetooth but the tablet does so he can chill and watch some movies.

Do implants have an on and off switch? I know my hearing has diminished and there are times I'm glad I'm not wearing my hearing aid. And when I am, I seem to have it muted a lot.

Machka
    - ((HUGS))) just wondering, does your DH have some type of disability insurance kicking in?

Yesterday was allergy shot day. Again, it hurt! I think this nurse injects the serum deeper or something. Ended up with ice packs and Tylenol despite taking Benadryl before I went in. That's the bad news. But the good news is, after lunch I went into the greenhouse and was stung by a wasp - ouch - but luckily I still had some Benadryl left in my system. It's OK today, put the ice pack on it right away.

Makeup - Clinique powder than I brush on when I think about it, mainly to cover rosacea and for a little SPF. I gave up on eye makeup years ago - allergies to mascara. Blonde eyelashes all my life.

June goals - keep up with the 5:2 fasting. Was a crazy week so today I get to be hungry until 3 pm. Black coffee right now. The fasters are right - it does get easier as we become comfortable with hunger. Drinking water helps. I haven't been good about keeping calories down to 500 on fast days - after 3:00 I tend to go overboard, but my weight is moving down anyhow.

Still trying to catch up with you all - have a great weekend!

Lanette
    SW WA State