Pregnancy – August 2011

Options

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Stacy – glad everything looks good so far!

Indiankel – I got my period early when I started my last pack of BC. I took that a signal that my body was ready to get off of it. Good luck!

Jenn/L45nJ – welcome!

Scorpiomom222 – congratulations! Walking is all I’ve been doing too.

Veronica – I’m going to use disposable diapers, but I know several people who used cloth. They said that for the first few weeks they used disposable because the baby was too small for the cloth ones. Have fun camping!

Michelle – enjoy your trip home!!

Julz – every year for Christmas my FIL sends us money to by a TV (we don’t have cable and watch everything online). The first year we bought a new stove and last year we bought the dryer.

Anya – welcome and congratulations! I know someone who didn’t gain and weight during her pregnancy but she was considered morbidly obese. The best thing to do is just stay active and continue to eat healthy, good luck!

Rachel – have today! Fingers crossed this is your last weekend with no baby!
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Indiankel: Welcome! My periods were all over the place before DH and i decided to TTC... Best of luck! =)

Veronica: have fun!! DH and i love camping!! =)

Jenn: welcome!! =)

L4SnJ: welcome!! =)

Michelle: Have a safe and enjoyable trip home!! =)

Rachel: have fun!! Maybe all that activity will bring baby along sooner! =)

Anya: Congratulations!!! We are very close in pregnancies, i am 7 weeks and due March 29th! ! I am excited to have this board to have people who want to accomplish the same things you and i do, healthy, limited weight gain, active pregnancies! Looking forward to the "journey" together! =)

AFM: Just trying to get through the morning sickness the best i can right now, usually 6-10 Am is the worst, but after that it starts to get better!! I am trying to take naps when i can, and DH has been amazing with helping out aorund the house and such so i can try and rest a little here and there... other than that, DH and i are anxiously awaiting our next u/s (6 more days) so i will be 8 weeks and be able to hear the heart beat for the first time!!
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Its so exciting to read how everyone is doing! I hope everyone has a great weekend and that there are babies to be reported soon!!!
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ok im freaked out ):

I had my doc appointment tomorrow and shes put me on a form of 'rest' until I deliver. She was concerned with the frequency and intensity of my braxton hicks and wants me to stop any and all activities that cause this. her reasoning was that she doesn't want my uterus to get used to this sensation and gain momentum, which may send me into pre-term labour.

Im upset that the act of me making love, or exercising (which causes most of my BH) may have increased the risk or pre-term labour. I just want him to comfortably stay in my tummy until hes ready!

I'm 29 weeks tomorrow so still have a long way to go, i'm hoping that completely cutting back on all things strenuous will make the BH cease and let uterus get back to normal..............so scary.................):

p.s. that glucose drink was just plain horrible.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    ok im freaked out ):

I had my doc appointment tomorrow and shes put me on a form of 'rest' until I deliver. She was concerned with the frequency and intensity of my braxton hicks and wants me to stop any and all activities that cause this. her reasoning was that she doesn't want my uterus to get used to this sensation and gain momentum, which may send me into pre-term labour.

Im upset that the act of me making love, or exercising (which causes most of my BH) may have increased the risk or pre-term labour. I just want him to comfortably stay in my tummy until hes ready!

I'm 29 weeks tomorrow so still have a long way to go, i'm hoping that completely cutting back on all things strenuous will make the BH cease and let uterus get back to normal..............so scary.................):

p.s. that glucose drink was just plain horrible.

I am sorry Melissa. Do not feel guilty for being active you were trying to do what was best for your LO. Right now relax and get the rest you need. That little one may make it right up till the end! I will be thinking of you.
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So I have been being careful so far watching my weight. Still haven't gained any yet. Here is the annoying part my belly is getting bigger which duh I know it will but I just look like I have had a few too many beers lol. Why can't I have that cute pregnancy belly instead of just looking like a fat blob? Maybe I need to go shirt shopping and get more flattering tops.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I had an ultrasound this morning. It was great to see her again. I got a glimpse of her last week in my OB office but the pictures weren't clear.
    The tech said everything looks on target and baby is doing what she's supposed to be doing at this stage. Estimated weight is 4 lbs and her heart rate was 153.
    I got a look at her adorable little lips and at one point her hand was opening and closing and covering her face. Just adorable! My husband and daughter missed it. They waited out in the parking lot in the truck while I went in.

Baby was practice breathing too. Weird to see but an essential part of getting her lungs ready I suppose. She's still head down so I'm hoping she will stay that way.

Welcome to all the new people in this group. :)
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TOO ALL WHO ARE EXPECTING!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL TTC!!!!
  • indiankel
    Options
    Ok so have any of you had the issue of your hubby starting to get cold feet the closer you are to TTC? We have been talking about it for awhile and now that we are at the edge of the cliff of getting off the pill etc...he is starting to question finances and everything else! He just started a new business a year ago and is doing well but not exactly where we wish we were...he is a veterinarian and I'm a mortician which I have a great job and can support us. Ugh...I'm so frustrated right now! Sorry about the venting!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    So I have been being careful so far watching my weight. Still haven't gained any yet. Here is the annoying part my belly is getting bigger which duh I know it will but I just look like I have had a few too many beers lol. Why can't I have that cute pregnancy belly instead of just looking like a fat blob? Maybe I need to go shirt shopping and get more flattering tops.

I don't know if you've seen them or not, but Target has these pants that have the full panel of elastic that goes all the way up your belly. It's alot more flattering if you want a more round look, instead of looking like a lump. I had the same problem up until now. But I would totally recommend the full panel pants.
  • Caperfae
    Options
    I agree about the full panel pants. I'm not a fan of them but they really do give shape to the belly. My favorite comfortable pair of capri pants are full panel.

As for getting cold feet. This pregnancy was a complete surprise so there was no issue about cold feet. I needed high doses of fertility meds to conceive our daughter in 2005 because I have PCOS so we just assumed that I'd need medication again so we didn't think twice about it. SURPRISE!! Hubby is now on a waiting list for a vasectomy, LOL
  • AnneElise
    Options

I looked like that too around 19 weeks and wished for a little preggo belly... don't worry it will come!! and then you will think man this is in the way haha. Shirts do change how you look though, i found that to be true.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Ok so have any of you had the issue of your hubby starting to get cold feet the closer you are to TTC? We have been talking about it for awhile and now that we are at the edge of the cliff of getting off the pill etc...he is starting to question finances and everything else! He just started a new business a year ago and is doing well but not exactly where we wish we were...he is a veterinarian and I'm a mortician which I have a great job and can support us. Ugh...I'm so frustrated right now! Sorry about the venting!

There is no good time to have baby... isn't that the saying. Always something can be in the way. We had this discussion awhile ago on here (like months and months ha) but a lot of people said there DH was worried about the money and being able to provide, it is a man thing I think.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

Yep. Just remind him that there will be no "perfect" time to have a baby. I had one in the middle of the semester, and I'm going to end up doing that again this time. We had good finances when one was born, but he got laid off 6 months later. We had lousy finances when another was born, but things worked out. If you wait until the "perfect" time, financially or in another sense, you'll probably be childless. Let him know you understand his concerns, but you really feel that it's time to go forward with the decision anyway. And how much fun it will be trying! :wink: :blushing: :laugh:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Busy day ahead. Orchestra starts up again for fall (yay!), then a planning meeting, a birthday party, and if we can make it, a club picnic. Looks like my eating will be all over the place, but oh well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    I'm in full agreement about having a baby and getting cold feet. Your finances don't have to be super to have one. Babies don't even need to be expensive. If you have no problem going 2nd hand with things except for the crib and carseat, all you gotta worry about is feeding baby and keeping a roof over its head. This is my 3rd child and do you know how much I've spent on him? $50! FIFTY! That's it! You guys will be fine. Reassure him that if you wait until you are PERFECT as far as finances, you'll be in your 50's and have started menopause. And the younger, the better, so you can snap back and not have to worry about as many complications!
  • indiankel
    Options
    Anne, mathjulz and scorpiomom...thank you for the advice and you are right! If we all waited until we were financially set and stable I would have never been born! I know we will be fine and I'm not one that will go overboard on buying things...even though its my first (he has a son that is 11) I know how to live on a budget! Scorpiomom...50 dollars! Wow!! I know where I'm gonna get tips on saving!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    It's partly because of stuff I already have, but still, a sturdy, brand new crib doesn't have to cost more than $115, and neither does a carseat. A baby shower, 2nd hand stores and lightly used hand-me downs can go a long way. I didn't HAVE to buy any new clothes for my 1st born (still did, cuz baby clothes are cute!) because of the gifts and almost new hand-me downs. He had clothes up to 3T in hand-me downs. And even with a baby shower, someone bought me a travel set with a stroller/carseat combo, which went in our 2nd car. Preparing for baby can be simple and inexpensive if you want it to be. :)
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    Anne, mathjulz and scorpiomom...thank you for the advice and you are right! If we all waited until we were financially set and stable I would have never been born! I know we will be fine and I'm not one that will go overboard on buying things...even though its my first (he has a son that is 11) I know how to live on a budget! Scorpiomom...50 dollars! Wow!! I know where I'm gonna get tips on saving!

Hubby and I were always on board with having babies but we never had the baby fever at the same time for quite awhile. But, like everyone has said, you could come up with a MILLION reasons why NOT to have a baby, but everything WILL work out for you and that little one either way. It always does.
  • Caperfae
    Options
    I'm all for second-hand (with the exception of the crib and car seat ... unless you know who had them before). I used a second hand infant car seat with my daughter because it was used by my cousin and knew it was well cared for and not in any car accidents.
    Second hand clothes are amazing because of growth spurts. Babies are never in outfits very long so it's almost a waste to buy too many brand new things.
    We were gifted a brand new car seat already that goes from 5 lbs - 100 lbs, a brand new crib and mattress and a baby bullet food processor so I can make the baby food when the time comes.
    Hopefully I can breastfeed this time to save from buying formula. We bought a used bassinet for $15 a few weeks ago. Took it all apart and washed it and it's perfect for what we need it for, and baby won't be in it long anyway (growth spurt issue).
    My mom is gifting us a play pen for the baby shower in a couple of weeks. Showers are fabulous for saving money too. Hopefully we'll be gifted lots of diapers and wipes, LOL
    Strollers are perfectly fine to get used as well. There's usually lots of life left in them by the time toddlers are out of them.
    Clearance aisles come in handy and weekly sales at Walmart and BabiesRUs .. etc ..
    If you KNOW you are going to be planning, you can always start buying and store the items. That way it's not as hard on the bank account because you won't have to buy multi items at once (just a thought).
    I'm bored and rambling .. waiting for the dryer to finish, LOL