Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @lisas118, ice cream sounds yummy! Just a little maybe with coffee??
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    lisas118 wrote: »
    oh it's either going to be an icecream or some vodka right about now - AKKKKKKKKK HELP !!!

Drink a glass of water, seltzer, flavored water, tea, soda, anything. Now! Hurry! Good luck!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    oh it's either going to be an icecream or some vodka right about now - AKKKKKKKKK HELP !!!

You did it! Cravings last about 6 minutes. You did well!
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    como_agua wrote: »
    Leeg5656 wrote: »

Drink a glass of water, seltzer, flavored water, tea, soda, anything. Now! Hurry! Good luck!

i ended up having some plain yogurt, blueberries and pistachios all mixed together.. better than what i was going to go for. but will drink water for the rest of the night - buckets full - THANK YOU!!!

You are welcome. Bravo to you! At first the cravings are strong but as you flex you will power muscle, that muscle gets stronger and the cravings get lesser. :)

I use to buy flavored or sparking waters, and pour them into a wine glass. The act of giving my mouth and hand something to do was very helpful. Also eating dinner earlier was helpful because I don't crave after my belly is full.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    edmudman wrote: »
    Went to G's retirement bash in the bar last night. The upside was they'd put some effort into the food, so I got some good steak and chicken, rather than some the usual muck we endure here. I drank my litre of sparkling water, then decided I would have some Chivas, but with alot more sparkling water. Declined all offers of cake and finished the day just under my calorie allowance. 6 hrs sleep and I was up at 4am for a good yoga session and an ice cold shower. Tonight will be AF.

Sounds like a successful night! You definitely drank enough water to counter the Chivas. Bravo!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    como_agua wrote: »
    the husband and son and pizza and beer last night. i continued with my water. i'm happy with this because for a saturday night to NOT have a drink is a good thing :)

Great job! Hard to resist beer and pizza but you DID ! Saved a lot of calories, too.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    lionessNV wrote: »
    I made it past day one. I had chocolate milk to substitute. Still 150 calories +/-, but it still wasn't alcohol!! I find that as long as I'm drinking something, it doesn't necessarily have to be alcohol - sometimes it's water too. Chocolate Nestle Quick milk sounded really good though.

One day at a time! Great work resisting. Yes, sometimes a tasty substitute is a must.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    AF for June and beyond.

Welcome to our group! Lean on us!