Options

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I find sweet wine gives me a headache. I prefer dry red wine.

Pinot noir?

It’s definitely a toss up between Pinot noir and Merlot. I do admit I’m growing a liking for Amarone, which is on the sweeter side.

I used to get dragged to France on holiday when I was a kid. The best bit was the wine tasting. Go into a cellar and when we'd come out the sun would hit us. Tasted this rather nice red sparkling wine when in the Loire valley. They don't export it. The name will come to me in a bit

They "dragged" you to france on holiday lol...poor thing. And a wine tasting to boot. Evilness.

Well when your 10-13, you sort of want to do more kid things, not have to endure 4 hours driving to visit liseaux cathedral. The wine tasting was the best bit of the holiday needless to say.

Fair enough. :*
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options

Pinot noir?

It’s definitely a toss up between Pinot noir and Merlot. I do admit I’m growing a liking for Amarone, which is on the sweeter side.

I used to get dragged to France on holiday when I was a kid. The best bit was the wine tasting. Go into a cellar and when we'd come out the sun would hit us. Tasted this rather nice red sparkling wine when in the Loire valley. They don't export it. The name will come to me in a bit

They "dragged" you to france on holiday lol...poor thing. And a wine tasting to boot. Evilness.

Well when your 10-13, you sort of want to do more kid things, not have to endure 4 hours driving to visit liseaux cathedral. The wine tasting was the best bit of the holiday needless to say.

Do I sound ungrateful? Lol
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Pinot noir?

Noooo...I'm teasing. I mean my kids wouldve been grateful but.....haha kidding kidding.
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

Noooo...I'm teasing. I mean my kids wouldve been grateful but.....haha kidding kidding.

You must have brought them up better lol
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Pinot noir?

Jokes...and i didnt they are still mad at me for that whole Disney world thing. :#
  • PAFC84
    edited June 2018
    Options

Pinot noir?

Jokes...and i didnt they are still mad at me for that whole Disney world thing. :#

My parents never spoke about Disney world or theme parks. I am still waiting for that pool table I was promised I'd get if I got into my secondary school.

*breaks out his violin* it is obviously an imaginary violin as I didn't get one of those either ;)
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Pinot noir?

My parents never spoke about Disney world or theme parks. I am still waiting for that pool table I was promised I'd get if I got into my secondary school.

*breaks out his violin* it is obviously an imaginary violin as I didn't get one of those either ;)

Im breaking out my cool ukulele that my parents most certainly did not get me. Instead i stole it from my son cause his mom is cool.
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

Im breaking out my cool ukulele that my parents most certainly did not get me. Instead i stole it from my son cause his mom is cool.

That's OK. You're full of hot air so I know you'll be able to play it better than him ;)
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

I get you. There are many things I hated about growing up. Such as being forced to attend Italian school every Saturday while my friends got to play all day. As an adult I realize all the wonderful things my parents did to cultivate me into the person I am today. I am grateful considering I understand things about life from an adult perspective now. That doesn’t change the way I felt at the time. Those feelings will forever remain regardless of my understanding of the situation.

Are you half italian?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Pinot noir?

That's OK. You're full of hot air so I know you'll be able to play it better than him ;)

:'( 1st off my fingers play it
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

I get you. There are many things I hated about growing up. Such as being forced to attend Italian school every Saturday while my friends got to play all day. As an adult I realize all the wonderful things my parents did to cultivate me into the person I am today. I am grateful considering I understand things about life from an adult perspective now. That doesn’t change the way I felt at the time. Those feelings will forever remain regardless of my understanding of the situation.

Are you half italian?

I was born in Italy. My parents moved to Canada when I was merely 3 years old.

Did they not take you with them? I had a friend at school who had to do the Italian school thing. He was half Italian-think he took it as an extra GCSE/AS level
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

:'( 1st off my fingers play it

In that case, I'm sure it is magical lol
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

Are you half italian?

Did they not take you with them? I had a friend at school who had to do the Italian school thing. He was half Italian-think he took it as an extra GCSE/AS level

Haha Sorry my bad, I just realized how I wrote it. My family including myself moved to Canada when I was merely three.

I found living in a home with parents that still to this day don’t speak English has been hard on me. It’s affected my grammar and pronunciation immensely.

Its OK. I was getting the sympathy banner all prepared for you lol

That's because typically you develop your speech patterns from your parents. That's about the only thing that stuck with me from studying philosophy at uni.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Pinot noir?

Are you half italian?

Haha Sorry my bad, I just realized how I wrote it. My family including myself moved to Canada when I was merely three.

I found living in a home with parents that still to this day don’t speak English has been hard on me. It’s affected my grammar and pronunciation immensely.

You write nicely. And i bet your accent is sexy :)
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

Are you half italian?

I saw her first....
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Pinot noir?

Are you half italian?

I saw her first....

First off you play string instruments with your mouth!
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

Are you half italian?

I saw her first....

First off you play string instruments with your mouth!

Your the first woman I know who doesn't view a talented mouth as a bonus.....
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I was never a wine person until a few years ago when I started dating a gal for a while. Learned a few things from her on wine, and we visited a couple vineyard in the area. Not one to casually have a glass, as I typically will have some with dinner when a guest is over. Been a while, might have to have to have some company over when I make lasagna later in the summer or early fall.

333cr51.jpg
    2ibfcqc.jpg
    25jb2ar.jpg

And for dessert, chocolate lasagna.
    2elz5w5.jpg
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

Pinot noir?

Are you half italian?

I speak English perfectly I can help you :)

• mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    I was never a wine person until a few years ago when I started dating a gal for a while. Learned a few things from her on wine, and we visited a couple vineyard in the area. Not one to casually have a glass, as I typically will have some with dinner when a guest is over. Been a while, might have to have to have some company over when I make lasagna later in the summer or early fall.

333cr51.jpg
    2ibfcqc.jpg
    25jb2ar.jpg

And for dessert, chocolate lasagna.
    2elz5w5.jpg

Yum...am i invited!?