why did you pick your goal weight

Options

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I chose based on the upper end of my healthy weight range. My range is so large - 122-165. The lower end is just above what I was in high school and I was really, really thin. I don't want to look like a stick. So, upper end of healthy range, then continue with exercising to be fit and healthy for life.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight has changed several times throughout my journey. When I first started I wanted to reach a goal of 175 because that would take me out of the obese category and seemed attainable. As I got closer to that weight, I changed my goal to 165 as that put me at the high end of healthy. Once I reached that, I once again changed my goal and decided I wanted to try for 155. I reached that in record time and once again my goal has changed. Currently I have my goal set at 145 but that may change again as I get closer. I am definitely feeling better about how my body looks and I truly want to be in single digits for all my clothes in any store in which I shop.

Ultimately I want to look and feel healthy. I've also put more stock in my measurements than previously.
    Just wanted to say congrats (again) and I love your pics, they remind me it is possible to change dramatically and be proud! your hands on your hips now is a fab pose shows your confidence. Also love your tat's I have 3 of my own but not as big, big tats can look feminine you clearly demonstrate that. :)
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I went with what would put my BMI just into the Normal range. For me, that is a weight of 145, which I have not been since I was 10.
  • hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    I've been fluctuating between 130 and 136 (which is between the high end of normal and low end of overweight) for the last 3 years...I chose 125 because it puts me around the middle of the normal range. I was getting a little too used to being 'a little over' and feel it's time for a change! :)
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I picked mine smack bang in the middle of the healthy zone. Hopefully I will get the look I desire at that range. Plus being in the healthy zone is good too. I just hope I am happy wth how I look too once I get there.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I want to be the weight on my license from when I turned 16, even though I had exaggerated then too. haha Shh...
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Come on! Let's here some good ones. I know there are people out there that want to fit into a certain dress or that itty bitty bikini!
  • nfrank43
    nfrank43 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    To get out of the obese and overweight zone! I want to be back to normal again after 23 years!
  • sej1990
    sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    because i am tired of always being in the 170's i use to be 130 in hs and now i want to mainly be fit and look great and feel great.
    And for some reason the BMI calculator is saying i am obese when i am mainly muscle so i want to try and get out of the range considering i am not even close to obese just a lil overweight.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Come on! Let's here some good ones. I know there are people out there that want to fit into a certain dress or that itty bitty bikini!

I've always secretly wanted to become an exotic dancer?? haha
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options

I've always secretly wanted to become an exotic dancer?? haha
    LOL! That's BETTER!
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Mine is my "fat" weight from high school and early 20s. Wish I could go back and slap my silly teenage face for thinking I was "fat!"
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I picked it out of the air. At my highest weight (203lbs), I felt like 150lbs would be a perfect place to be. It was smaller than when I was pregnant with my daughter - but a healthy gain over my very unhealthy high school weight.

When I got to 150lbs, I realized I wasn't 100% happy with who I saw in the mirror. Lost another 5-7lbs (depending on the time of day...lol) and liked how I looked. You wouldn't think 5-7lbs would make a difference, but for me? It really did.

I've been maintaining 143-145lbs since and am super happy, content and comfortable with this weight. :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I picked 150lbs because at 5'4, I think the recommended 120lbs is way too skinny, and I envision myself having muscles anyway =3

I'm also 5'4" and I can't imagine being 118-120lbs (which is the "ideal weight" for our height). There's just no way I would look good at that weight. I'd look like skelator. LOL. I'm at the higher end of the recommended weight range for 5'4" but I'm happy and content where I am. I am in the "normal" range for BMI (not that I put a lot of trust in the BMI calculator).
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I don't wear either.. likely 'cos I've felt too big for a long time. :( Don't think my body is bikini fit even if it's slim but maybe a nice dress one day! :)
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

I fully intend to treat my home like a nudist colony when I reach my goal smileyvault-biggrin.gif
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    because it was the skinniest bmi calculators said i could be without being underweight....
    and i want to look good in a bikini and not compare myself! So if i am at the bottom of the range then it will be all good!
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My goal is 145. Partly due to the BMI, 130 was my high school weight. Healthy BMI is top at 170. So really, I choose a number between those two numbers. My input.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    20lbs more than i was when i got married 23yrs ago and looked the best i ever did. i figure after having 4 babies that might not be realistic so I added 5lbs per child lol
    ALTHOUGH, the more I lose the more I start thinking "maybe I CAN be that weight again. 21lbs to my goal weight, I think I will try to maintain for a few months then reasses if I should lose alittle more
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    AND I'd like to not have to hold in my stomach EVER AGAIN