Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @ErynVee Awesome job! Four days is terrific! You must feel good when you wake up.
  • dshbabydoll
    dshbabydoll Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I messed up..I had a
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @JenT304 I was reading an excerpt from Mary Karr's book LIT. And I also stumbled upon a site called the Drinking Diaries.
    http://www.drinkingdiaries.com/about/
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
  • edmudman
    edmudman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    I am reading The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober by Catherine Gray. In it she lists AVRT as one of the important tools to use early early on, and it makes so much sense to me. I highly recommend this book. It hasn't had it's official release in the US (later this year) but I got it from Amazon, it just took a few weeks.

Thanks for this recommendation, downloaded it onto my Kindle and enjoying it. The AVRT section is very interesting. Deciding that the desire to have a drink isn't due to a weak mind, but is the result of something else inside you that wants feeding, could be a very useful mental tool.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Had the home made ice tea... it was great!!!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Had the home made ice tea... it was great!!!

I did too! It was good.
  • AleLue_1
    AleLue_1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    mgiron wrote: »
    Well it has been 5 days into June and I had my first 3 alcoholic drinks last night. I had 2 Smirnoffs I had in my fridge and a Michelob 25oz. I know I should've not drank them, but I was a bit frustrated as my wife lost her car keys last night. I went to sleep right after.

I have found myself more and more in control of my drinking habits. The weekend was here and I didn't drink so I think that I'm doing better. The only thing I'm worried about is my friend's 25th Birthday Weekend Bash this weekend. I am going to limit my drinking by volunteering to be the designated driver. I will also ONLY take cash to the bars so I know that I have a monetary limit to what I can buy and how much I can drink. At her party on Friday, my goal is to drink a maximum of 4 drinks all night or less.

Wish me luck guys.

Good luck!!! That's a good goal!