Being asked for 55 plus senior discount when I am not even 50....

Options
2»

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Don't let that marsh your mellow. Some places have to ask just like being carded at the local beer joint. They ask 60 year olds if they're 21.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    You gotta sympathize with these people. If they don’t ask, they’re in trouble. If they do, they’re in trouble. There’s a goodwill near me that has a senior citizen discount every Monday or Tuesday. I’ve been offered it before. I’ve seen the way some of these old bats holler when they aren’t asked. It’s lose-lose. I just smiled and said I’d love a discount and I got it. :blush:

wait.

..... did you just admit to shopping at Goodwill ?

please tell me this "Goodwill" is just code-talk for: Nordstrom's Semi-Annual Sales Event

I love thrift stores, I ain’t ashamed
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You gotta sympathize with these people. If they don’t ask, they’re in trouble. If they do, they’re in trouble. There’s a goodwill near me that has a senior citizen discount every Monday or Tuesday. I’ve been offered it before. I’ve seen the way some of these old bats holler when they aren’t asked. It’s lose-lose. I just smiled and said I’d love a discount and I got it. :blush:

wait.

..... did you just admit to shopping at Goodwill ?

please tell me this "Goodwill" is just code-talk for: Nordstrom's Semi-Annual Sales Event

I love thrift stores, I ain’t ashamed

Plus it’s so much more painful to burn up things from Nordstrom.