Being asked for 55 plus senior discount when I am not even 50....

2»

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Don't let that marsh your mellow. Some places have to ask just like being carded at the local beer joint. They ask 60 year olds if they're 21.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    You gotta sympathize with these people. If they don’t ask, they’re in trouble. If they do, they’re in trouble. There’s a goodwill near me that has a senior citizen discount every Monday or Tuesday. I’ve been offered it before. I’ve seen the way some of these old bats holler when they aren’t asked. It’s lose-lose. I just smiled and said I’d love a discount and I got it. :blush:

wait.

..... did you just admit to shopping at Goodwill ?

please tell me this "Goodwill" is just code-talk for: Nordstrom's Semi-Annual Sales Event

I love thrift stores, I ain’t ashamed
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You gotta sympathize with these people. If they don’t ask, they’re in trouble. If they do, they’re in trouble. There’s a goodwill near me that has a senior citizen discount every Monday or Tuesday. I’ve been offered it before. I’ve seen the way some of these old bats holler when they aren’t asked. It’s lose-lose. I just smiled and said I’d love a discount and I got it. :blush:

wait.

..... did you just admit to shopping at Goodwill ?

please tell me this "Goodwill" is just code-talk for: Nordstrom's Semi-Annual Sales Event

I love thrift stores, I ain’t ashamed

Plus it’s so much more painful to burn up things from Nordstrom.