Looking for Paleo/Keto/Low Carb/Fasting Buddies

Options
I'm 38 and I've been doing keto/low carb/fasting for about 3 years now, losing 50 lbs. Got a little lazy at the turn of the year and been fluctuating up about 5-10 lbs, but staying fairly consistent otherwise. I decided June was the month to buckle down and tighten things up, going as strict as I can and started tracking my weight and macros again. I'd awakened the sugar monster during my slacking and need to put that guy to bed. A week in I can hear him starting to get sleepy...

Anyway, I'd like some folks to be accountable to and to nerd-out with on low carb/fasting (I am fascinated with the science of it) and would love to help others who are KetoCurious, just starting out or simply want to chat about life/diet/health. Hit me up! I'd love to hear from you.

Replies

• JamieW81
    JamieW81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in learning more about low carb!
  • Deadberri
    Deadberri Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was curious if anyone had actually posted on MFP about Keto and glad to see that some have. I've been on Keto for around 7 weeks, but have most definitely messed up a lot. Especially more recently. I'm looking for a buddy or buddies to keep me accountable; so I can succeed. :)
  • thebryanhinkle
    thebryanhinkle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @JamieW81
    JamieW81 wrote: »
    I would be interested in learning more about low carb!

I am no guru, but I can answer some questions best I can and point you to materials that are more well-informed. What are your goals?
  • thebryanhinkle
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Deadberri wrote: »
    I was curious if anyone had actually posted on MFP about Keto and glad to see that some have. I've been on Keto for around 7 weeks, but have most definitely messed up a lot. Especially more recently. I'm looking for a buddy or buddies to keep me accountable; so I can succeed. :)

Well, feel free to add me as a friend, however you do that on here. I literally started about an hour ago, and don't really know my way around here... How do you add someone as a friend?
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm keto, you can add me.
  • Pinkytiffy
    Pinkytiffy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting buddy here. Add me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    These MFP sub groups should help you all find more info and support:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    The Launch Pad in the Low Carber Daily is a great source for newbies. :)

Good luck!
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I’m following a plant heavy keto plan and loving it! It’s completely revamped my weight loss journey! I’d love to connect and share tips, tricks, and encouragement!
  • thebryanhinkle
    Options
    I’m following a plant heavy keto plan and loving it! It’s completely revamped my weight loss journey! I’d love to connect and share tips, tricks, and encouragement!

When you say 'plant heavy', do you mean vegan? Just curious. I sway a little more to the carnivore side of the scale, however the more I research and learn I'm a big proponent of personalized nutrition, so that is awesome you can eat high fat eating more plant-based and more important that it is working for you! Glad to connect!