Cardio helps bring definiton?

Options
So theres a buzzfeed video called six pack in six weeks and the female got injured and couldnt do cardio because of her ankle and she said that she looked fatter and felt like she backtracked. The trainer said thats normal because she hasnt done her cardio. So she has been weight training but will the cardio just bring out definition by taking out the water weight? And what cardio in your opinion makes you breathless and sweat a lot, anything except jumping ones like squat jumps because i get cramps from those types :p

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

What was her eating like before/after the injury?

What was her training like before/after the exercise?

Idrk that part its from utube but it seems harsh because she mentions that all she eats was spinach with chicken and training was probably the same except the cardio

You can rack up a lot by eating "spinach with chicken", and cardio burns more than weight lifting does. And people lie on YouTube.

She ate more than she burned. Period.

Weightlifting burns more i thought... unless its really intense hiit cardio

Nope. LISS burns calories most efficiently. Burst training, either weight lifting or HIIT burns much less efficiently because very few calories are burned during rest periods, and the work periods are very short.

But that takes like more time right? Like 3 hours compared to 30 minutes

30 minutes of LISS burns more calories than 30 minutes of HIIT or weightlifting. Assuming of course that you can actually do HIIT for 30 minutes.

I take it you mean "true HIIT"; some of the HIIT routines alternate between mid range effort and barely high effort. Actual HIIT that has the VO2 max business going on is really hard to do. I am not saying that as a braggart because it is too hard for me to do. If you can actually do it, you probably don't need it...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    or at least give us the video you are talking about because buzzfeed is of variable validity