Hi! On orlistat- Any start up advice?

Options
Hello!

My name is Emily, I'm 25 (almost 26) and boy oh boy have I pilled on weight after having a baby! Unfortunate circumstances during pregnancy with disjointed hips and pelvic muscles and after a c section and torn abdominal muscles meant I was doing 0 to no exercise coupled with a dodgy cook it and eat it fast diet meant that my body freaked out after being relatively active before.

My doctor has prescribed me something called orlistat as during my pregnancy I had gestational diabetes, although it's main use is a diet pill he's hoping I can use it for a pre diabetes risk reducer. It requires under 15g of fat a day to avoid a dodgy oil leak haha.

Any tips to jump start? At the moment I'm keeping low carb level and high protein but if I'm honest I'm in unchartered waters, I have no idea what the most effective way to diet Is, what I require in my diet, my exercise level is growing, I'm unable to go to the gym as there's no one to have the bab whilst I'm there and no built in creche, but I walk everywhere as I don't drive then I work at night so I'm limited to what I can do. Any effective quick exercises I can do at home? (Sit ups are a no go at the moment due to recent surgery) but anything else if fair game! However my stomach is my main problem area and my arms!

I would love to see some success stories to keep up the motivation! Any advice welcome :)

Replies