Any slim shorties maintaining?!

Options

Replies

• JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 119 pounds and only have been at maintenance for almost a month. I eat 1660 calories, sometimes more depending on my workouts.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'2", and down to 120 now, where I plan on staying. Really just starting on maintenance, though.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11.5 and 96lbs and I'm trying very hard to maintain but I'm still in a weight loss stage. I'm not complaining, I love seeing extra fat burn off but everyone else is worried I am falling too thin but I don't feel that way.

Start eating more, and stop losing. Listen to those other people.

• brimingus
    brimingus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 2", 45 yrs old and am maintaining at 134 lbs ☺
    my stats are 34" chest /26.75" waist / 35.5" hip
    I eat approx 2000 cals per day.
    I workout 6 day's a week x 40 to 60 mins and aim for average 15k steps/day.

Pretty much the same. I'm 22 and I'm maintaining at about 135. My range is about 1600-1700 a day depending on rest day or workout day. I try not to eat my calories back but sometimes I do...I work out 6 days a week with Jillian M.

I'm a size 2. Waist is 25 and hips are about 33. I carry a lot of my weight in my thighs so I'm really trying to work on that. I'm happy with where I'm at now except for some problem areas.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and seem to stay at 107-108 easily when I average 1800 calories a day. I do brisk walking for exercise, most days, for 45 minutes. I'm 37.
  • doingthisfortheboys
    Options
    Im 5'3.5 ( makes all the difference!) Currently eating 2000 a day and seeing where weight ends up currently 114 would love some other friends eating a similar amount x
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and trying to find my balance. Struggling to eat at a deficit at the moment. I maintain at 1700-1800 cal. The picture was taken 3 years ago. Would love to get back there eventually but happy to maintain too.
  • shazland
    shazland Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1 and trying to get down to 8 stone 7 about 120 lbs. It's hard though as I'm a right foodie and I'm not a tiny thing (i.e Kylie Minogue who is my height but really petite), I'm quite compact and muscly (if that's a word). I usually float around the 9 stone 7 mark 130 lbs :-)
  • shazland
    shazland Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'2", and down to 120 now, where I plan on staying. Really just starting on maintenance, though.

Well done! 120 lbs is my goal weight! How did you do it?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Shazland, 128-130 was my start weight. It took a year to reach my goal 105/7.5st. I ate at a deficit, and exercised 60 min a day.
    When you are short and petite to begin with it is hard to loose the extra pounds by just eating at a deficit - we need to burn them by upping our cardio and not eating back the calories. That is the only way I could eliminate 500 cal a day for a 1 lb a week weight loss ( I soon changed to a more realistic 1/2lb per week). Doing a bit of lifting will help you reshape.

Sherry Teach, nice to have a twin. It is sometimes lonely beind an older petite on MFP.
    Cheers, h.
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Great to see similar body sizes and height to me eating at what I would see as a manageable maintenance level. I only have around 7 lb to go to reach my final goal and eating 1350 + exercise cals to lose a half pound a week. It will be nice to up it gradually when I get there!
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am around 4'9 and I currently weigh 96 lbs. I would like to drop another 3lbs maybe, but it's a little hard for me right now :(
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I,m 52yrs 5'2 currently 110lbs(due to dental work) I've maintained 7 years 111-117lbs @ 1700-2000 cals day.
    I do eat ex cals. most comfortable at 113-115lbs.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    2014 original post....
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    2014 original post.... I'm only 4 years late;-)

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    5’4.5” and maintaining at between 125-129

Still trying to work out my maintenance calories!
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    5'3.5, age 41, 105lbs active lifestyle maintaining on about 1800
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

So, you can get that (roughly) from MFP -OR- you can use an on-line TDEE Calculator. MFP uses something called NEAT - which is a bit different from TDEE. I prefer TDEE (but I have to remember where I am, right?).

Here is the TDEE that I use:

https://tdeecalculator.net

It is a pretty good starting point. Emphasis on 'starting point'. See if that helps you.....
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I,m 52yrs 5'2 currently 110lbs(due to dental work) I've maintained 7 years 111-117lbs @ 1700-2000 cals day.
    I do eat ex cals. most comfortable at 113-115lbs.

That is totally my kind of bar! And I love the fact that it is a conventional deadlift! :-)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

So, you can get that (roughly) from MFP -OR- you can use an on-line TDEE Calculator. MFP uses something called NEAT - which is a bit different from TDEE. I prefer TDEE (but I have to remember where I am, right?).

Here is the TDEE that I use:

https://tdeecalculator.net

It is a pretty good starting point. Emphasis on 'starting point'. See if that helps you.....

MFP works from a TDEE perspective if you log and eat back exercise calories.