what to eat for breakfast?

Options
5'4 and 120 pounds here!
and I'm not sure what I should eat for breakfast?
currently I have two slices of toasted ezekiel bread spread with natural peanut butter and a cup of unsweetened almond milk.
I used to have steel cut oats with banana, toasted almonds, and peanut butter.
got too lazy to make that every morning (oof.)
now I'm not sure if I should switch back to that or try something new?
I've struggled a bit with eating a while back, and am mostly trying to maintain a good relationship with food while also trying to live a healthier lifestyle.
any suggestions? thanks so much in advance!

Replies

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    bacon and eggs, maybe toast on the side
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat what fits best into your goals. Some people prefer a higher carb breakfast, some prefer higher protein, and others do best not eating in the morning at all.
  • SagePeach
    SagePeach Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Eat what fits best into your goals. Some people prefer a higher carb breakfast, some prefer higher protein, and others do best not eating in the morning at all.

This!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    eaiouxs wrote: »
    5'4 and 120 pounds here!
    currently I have two slices of toasted ezekiel bread spread with natural peanut butter and a cup of unsweetened almond milk.
    got too lazy to make that every morning
    (oof.)
    I've struggled a bit with eating a while back, and am mostly trying to maintain a good relationship with food while also trying to live a healthier lifestyle.
    any suggestions? thanks so much in advance!
    • Seasonal or frozen vegetables with egg scramble/omelet or bacon and egg toast cups
    • Breakfast quinoa with yoghurt
    • Turkey mcmuffin
    • Breakfast hash/fritatta
    • Sweet potato toast
    • Breakfast parfait
    • Breakfast wrap
    • Nut butter and banana oatmeal with granola or spiced almond oatmeal with berries and granola
    • Wheatgerm with oats either with (granola raw or stove-top) with your favourite toppings

ETA: Fix bracket
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much time I have
    - During the week when I have very little time in the morning I'll have a breakfast shake as a rush out the door and a coffee when I get to work. If I'm REALLY pressed for time I'll skip the shake and just order some toast with PB with my coffee.
    - If I have some time to spare I'll usually make some microwave quick oats (I LOVE oats) with cinnamon or whatnot
    - On the weekend I'll sometimes make some eggs on toast if I don't sleep in or if I don't get out of bed till later I'll skip breakfast and just have lunch.

One thing I'm thinking about adding to replace the breakfast shake on my time crunch mornings are some overnight oats (did I mention I LOVE oats) recipes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    eaiouxs wrote: »
    5'4 and 120 pounds here!
    Eat what you like, in amounts that make you energized for the day and makes hitting your total for the day as easy as possible.
    Those are perfectly fine breakfasts.
    got too lazy to make that every morning (oof.)
    MFP is judgement free zone. More on that later.
    Is what you do now, working for you? What else would you want to try?
    There is no either-or here. A healthy lifestyle includes a good relationship with food. All eating decisions are, and have to be, up to you.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with different fruits are great - mix up and put in fridge in the evening and instant breakfast in the morning!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Today I had bread, spread with yogurt cheese, a couple of slices of luncheon, a tomato, and a cup of half fat milk. I had this because I felt like having this. Yesterday I had eggs, the day before I only had coffee for breakfast, and the day before that I had a falafel wrap. There was about a 10 days phase last month where I had this yogurt cheese sandwich every single day for breakfast.

Don't over-complicate things. Eat whatever you want for breakfast however often you want and switch to something else whenever you feel like something else. There are no real rules for this. Your relationship with food will improve a lot if you don't overthink it.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I do not understand how people regularly cook or make complicated breakfasts. I don't have the time in the morning for that. The internet keeps telling me I should up my breakfast game, but I'm good at ignoring it :wink:

Personally I have a bowl of sugar free muesli and milk every morning. Sometimes I chuck in some flavoured yogurt if I'm bored. Occasionally I'll have some toast with jam, in the winter I often have porridge. Nothing that take any time at all to prepare. If it takes more than 3 minutes to make, then I don't do it.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    eat what you like.

it really doesnt matter, as long as it fits in your goals.

QFT.
  • takemetosingapore19
    takemetosingapore19 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast sandwich with sausage egg and cheese on an English muffin. I also do bagels, avocado toast with poached egg, fruit, oatmeal, or honestly sometimes leftovers. If it fits your calories it doesn’t matter in all honesty. I’ve been eating what I want for months and have consistently lost at net 1200-1500 calories. I love it.
  • takemetosingapore19
    takemetosingapore19 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    deviette wrote: »
    I do not understand how people regularly cook or make complicated breakfasts. I don't have the time in the morning for that. The internet keeps telling me I should up my breakfast game, but I'm good at ignoring it :wink:

Personally I have a bowl of sugar free muesli and milk every morning. Sometimes I chuck in some flavoured yogurt if I'm bored. Occasionally I'll have some toast with jam, in the winter I often have porridge. Nothing that take any time at all to prepare. If it takes more than 3 minutes to make, then I don't do it.

Most things I make would look “complicated” to someone who doesn’t cook... that being said a breakfast sandwich is super easy so most days it takes me 2-5 min to make my food in the morning. It all comes down to how lazy someone is. Now how much time they have.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love a variety of things. Mostly during the week i will have a measured portion of cereal, porridge, overnight oats or homemade energy bar which contains nuts, seeds, dried fruit and yogurt. On the weekend i can be more adventerous and do bacon eggs and sausage, or eggs on toast, pancakes or waffles. it really depends on what i feel like and how much time i have. almost anything can be breakfast food it just needs to fill you up until lunch and energise you for the day.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    It's really about what you like to eat and what fits in to your calorie goals. I actually skip breakfast a lot of the time because I'm just not hungry in the morning. I always at least have my coffee though. When I do eat breakfast, I prefer to eat higher fat and lower carb, I just think that it helps "me" feel fuller longer. So, usually my breakfast is something like scrambled eggs and bacon, or maybe a veggie omelette with some goat cheese. Usually no more than 300 calories or so, because again, I'm not really that hungry in the morning.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    im busy,. today I ate an egg mcmuffin
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a smart *kitten* to start lol......Food.....

Why does it have to be a traditional breakfast food? Eat whatever you want that fits within you calorie/macro goals. Currently my breakfasts are a 6 oz ground turkey patty (homemade) with a cup of quinoa. This fits in my calories and macros (bulking).

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I like to avoid bread at all cost though I have a lot of weight to lose. Eggs, especially egg white but damn egg white omlettes are hard to make. Porridge (unsweeted) is another winner or fruit and greek yoghurt.