The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Tooligan
    Tooligan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey y’all! I’m a 40year young swed living in Arkansas. Started lifting in the gym 6 month ago. Lost around 5lbs and increased muscle mass so far. On a caloric deficit 300-500 a day. Want to get leaner with a goal weight of 165lbs. Currently 169-170lbs.
    On 165lbs I will increase my daily calories by 500 clean calories. Want to increase weight but stay lean. This is a long term project...
    Add me I update diary every day.
    Have a good one!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    What up peeps? It's a wonderful day here....
  • philcycle12
    philcycle12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello 45 year old mountain biker just joined
  • tracyleecarver1971
    tracyleecarver1971 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I just made a serious start on my weight loss journey 3 days ago and looking for friends to share support, motivation, accountability , etc. Thanks!!
  • tracyleecarver1971
    Options
    (I also do not know how to add people & can’t find a way to in the help section. Any help would be appreciated & feel free to add me. :smile: )
  • tracyleecarver1971
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started my weight loss journey (a serious start) 3 days ago. Looking for friends to gain insight, motivation, inspiration, accountability, etc. I don’t know how to add people so please feel free to add me. Excited to have a network of friends to travel thus journey with. Thanks.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    HI all you M agers how your night is goin well . Just checking in.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I’ll be 44 in four months time so I’m in the middle aged club for sure B) in case anyone is interested I have posted my story in the “success stories” forum, it’s titled “I lost 20% of my body weight in 300 days”. Short story: I was obese and my health was declining so I got down to a healthy weight and got my life back, been in maintenance for about 4 years now. Everyone keep working hard and you can achieve your goals! :)
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Soon to be 45 here. From overweight to marathoner. 50 lbs lost total.
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Open to any new friends :) lets get this party started
  • JoJemMcC
    JoJemMcC Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi all. I've just started back to slimming world and decided to use the app to help. I'll be 44 in 4 weeks and although I won't have lost the 2 stone I want to loose by then, I would love to to loose some of it. I've been feeling demotivated of late so feel I need some encouragement.i have a hubby who works away and a 7 year old who keeps me on my toes lol. I've been dealing with depression and anxiety recently and this has affected me hugely.
  • vet15
    vet15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A place for us middle agers to become friends and share fitness advice. Feel free to add me!
  • vet15
    Options
    A place for us middle agers to become friends and share fitness advice. Feel free to add me!
  • vet15
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • vet15
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me.
  • vet15
    Options
    Hey ☺
  • vet15
    Options
    I appreciate having friends my own age posting in my home feed rather than young kids !
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Friday day Jr new and improved. OK M agers one more day to the weekend. GET GOING and make today count. Good luck
  • fuzacoza
    fuzacoza Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    fuzacoza wrote: »
    Just love those days, even your shuffled music is turning out just the right tunes. The opposite though, winter this side of the world. But still love getting up when it is dark outside, everyone sleeping going for a nice long run.

Where are you from? 4 hour marathon! That's terrific! No keto here, but intermittent fasting yes (except lately...I feel a peanut butter purge from the pantry coming). Came into work and put One Way Out on Youtube--the playlist they've come up with is making me want to chuck work and head to the shore. If only...

By the looks of things the only South African on MFP : p

Yeah happy with that, reckon I can do a 3h50 or so at my age. I started running two years ago after taking 50 minutes to do a 5k Parkrun back then! Enjoy running...great for the soul as well.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Just love those days, even your shuffled music is turning out just the right tunes. The opposite though, winter this side of the world. But still love getting up when it is dark outside, everyone sleeping going for a nice long run.

Where are you from? 4 hour marathon! That's terrific! No keto here, but intermittent fasting yes (except lately...I feel a peanut butter purge from the pantry coming). Came into work and put One Way Out on Youtube--the playlist they've come up with is making me want to chuck work and head to the shore. If only...

By the looks of things the only South African on MFP : p

Yeah happy with that, reckon I can do a 3h50 or so at my age. I started running two years ago after taking 50 minutes to do a 5k Parkrun back then! Enjoy running...great for the soul as well.

Nope you aren't the only South African @versicolour is one too.