13»

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    Check this out...

See what you think :)
    https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/why-sbmic.html

It was a real eye opener for me...

I get the same BMI on this calculator that I get on all the other calculators.
  • ladypoohbear1
    ladypoohbear1 Posts: 3 Member
    I random picked goal of 150. Im 5'5" tall. I got down from 297 to 153 and I felt like a fat anorexic. I gained to 158 lbs. Now 5 years later I stay within 10 lbs. Yahoo. I love clothes
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2018
    I random picked goal of 150. Im 5'5" tall. I got down from 297 to 153 and I felt like a fat anorexic. I gained to 158 lbs. Now 5 years later I stay within 10 lbs. Yahoo. I love clothes

Isn't that still overweight? Just wondering why you prefer to be higher.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Aimed for 120-125. Got to 125 and though “yeah I really don’t want to be skinnier than this”. Maintain between 125-129
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    My first goal was to hit a healthy BMI and get my body fat percentage below 25%. Once I got there I decided that I wanted to be a little lower so that I had some wiggle room with weight fluctuations that would keep me in that “healthy range”. My doctor wants me between 145-165 so I got to 150 and am switching to maintenance and body composition.

Between 5’7” and 5’8” weighing 150-155lb
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    letitia75 wrote: »
    sxm26dskkkxi.jpeg
    I’ll be done when I get my thigh gap back or I look like Elle McPherson

You got the gap. #notbeingcreepy
  • pattyhouse1970
    pattyhouse1970 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm 47 and 5' 5.5" tall (but put 5'6" when asked. When I set my goal it wasn't based on BMI. I wanted to weigh what I weighed 3 months after having my first child. So my goal was 135. Took me a year and a half, but I reached it. (lost 57 pounds) Some think I'm too thin, but I'm more muscular that I have ever been in my life, even in high school.

I'm maintaining now. Kinda. I think I'm 2 pounds below my goal. My current BMI is 21.8. I'm fine with getting down to 130. My family dr wants me to get down to 120-125. I'm wearing size 2s. Vanity sizes...My hips are still the same as high school and I could barely wear a 5 then even when I weighed 118 pounds. So in 1980's sizes, I'm a 5. lol!

I think if you are fine with where you are at, then go to maintaining. For me weight it just a number. And jean sizes are never right...
  • SCoil123
    edited June 2018
    zyxst wrote: »
    sxm26dskkkxi.jpeg

Hello #notbeingcreepy but I don't have the gap. A thigh gap is when your upper thighs don't touch when you stand with your legs together. This is my "when I'm done" and I don't just want it back for vanity reasons, I swim extensively over the Australian summer at the beach and sand rash is real! It's so real that your inner thighs chafe to the point of bleeding, that kind of sucks. I will get there one day, the Elle thing was a joke but my laugh emoji didn't show up : )

That sand rash sounds crazy. I live in California and we swim in the ocean and mountain creeks year round. My son and step daughter both swim competitively and I’ve never heard of such a thing.

What do the people who have hips and a build that wont safely allow for a thigh gap do there? Avoid the beach?

Edited to add - by crazy I mean extreme, not calling the poster crazy
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    sxm26dskkkxi.jpeg

Hello #notbeingcreepy but I don't have the gap. A thigh gap is when your upper thighs don't touch when you stand with your legs together. This is my "when I'm done" and I don't just want it back for vanity reasons, I swim extensively over the Australian summer at the beach and sand rash is real! It's so real that your inner thighs chafe to the point of bleeding, that kind of sucks. I will get there one day, the Elle thing was a joke but my laugh emoji didn't show up : )

That sand rash sounds crazy. I live in California and we swim in the ocean and mountain creeks year round. My son and step daughter both swim competitively and I’ve never heard of such a thing.

What do the people who have hips and a build that wont safely allow for a thigh gap do there? Avoid the beach?

What I do is not walk the beach after a swim, go home and shower.
  • SCoil123
    sxm26dskkkxi.jpeg

But we do walk and lay out for hours after swimming. Sometimes we will eat a picnic on the sand and then swim again.

Why would the sand there do that? It doesn’t here
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    sxm26dskkkxi.jpeg

But we do walk and lay out for hours after swimming. Sometimes we will eat a picnic on the sand and then swim again.

Why would the sand there do that? It doesn’t here

I have no idea, perhaps our beach sand is sticky but it's really common, you can google it : )