Relationship advice please?

Options
kristenngreen
kristenngreen Posts: 13 Member
So when I bring up my birthday in three weeks I ask my wife if we can go to a restaurant I have always wanted to try and she said we will see I am not planning that far ahead. I said please it is my birthday and I get yelled at and she says stop being annoying. Granted this is the first time I brought it up and the second time I asked she said that. It really hurt my feelings but whenever she is rude to me or calls me a b**** I tell her and she tells me I am being rude and to stop putting her down when I tell her I am not putting her down I am just hurt that you would say that to me and I just wanted an apology. I feel like I can’t even be excited for my birthday and that I can’t bring anything up ever especially if it needs to be worked on. We have been together for seven years and she is my first true love but I don’t see things changing. We do think she has bipolar which obviously needs to be checked out. But I do everything for her get up at 4 and pack her lunches, make her breakfast before work, do her laundry, rub her back and feet every night plus I call gamestop and pre order anything she wants coming out (we spend about 10k) there a year and when new pops come out she wants I will stay up all night to buy them online when they release. I love doing those things as it makes her happy and it makes me happy but how come I can’t get the same respect back on one day out of the year. I don’t ever ask for a lot just honesty and politeness from her. I have been cheated on multiple times by her and my solution was just tell me and I can forgive you I can’t forgive you if you lie to me about it, because the whole cheating thing turned into well you wouldn’t know if you didn’t have her unblocked on Facebook. I guess my question is have you ever been in this situation and even if you haven’t what would you do?

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Maybe she's planning on taking you there already, and thinks you're going to ruin the surprise. I think you two should not be talking to each other that way. Sounds like you gals really need to sit down and set out your expectations. I bet she could probably claim that she does a lot for you as well, but perhaps you've been together so long that you don't even notice it anymore. Hope you can work it out.

• kristenngreen
    kristenngreen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. Probably true about that she does things for me, I will have to start thinking about what she does do for me. I don’t want to sound whiny like I am forced to do those things but sometimes something back or acting excited about something is all I want. She has no idea I want to go there actually and she isn’t the one to plan things. That has never happened in the seven years so maybe she planned something and got offended, I don’t think so but there is a first for everything. I really appreciate the advice.
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I would a rub spot other than her back and feet and work out all of the kinks. Works every time for all relationship ailments.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    ursula130 wrote: »
    Run, don't walk. Skip the marriage counselor, your entire message sound like you have your answer already but don't actually want it to be true.sorry...

That's a good point. Nobody stays with their first true love, anyway. Except for a very few poor unfortunate souls :p
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to put up with such shlt.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Move on. Sounds like you should run from the toxic relationship. Run fast. It's not rocket science.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    To me, she doesn’t appreciate you at all. I’d look into counseling
  • itwentthere
    itwentthere Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The time and effort you are putting in isn’t worth it. Just go spend your birthday by yourself. You feel much better about it.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Are you posting from her account? :confused:
  • itwentthere
    itwentthere Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Are you posting from her account? :confused:
    I believe they are both females.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm confused.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Maybe she's planning on taking you there already, and thinks you're going to ruin the surprise. I think you two should not be talking to each other that way. Sounds like you gals really need to sit down and set out your expectations. I bet she could probably claim that she does a lot for you as well, but perhaps you've been together so long that you don't even notice it anymore. Hope you can work it out.

My mind went to her planning a surprise or this as well.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So when I bring up my birthday in three weeks I ask my wife if we can go to a restaurant I have always wanted to try and she said we will see I am not planning that far ahead. I said please it is my birthday and I get yelled at and she says stop being annoying. Granted this is the first time I brought it up and the second time I asked she said that. It really hurt my feelings but whenever she is rude to me or calls me a b**** I tell her and she tells me I am being rude and to stop putting her down when I tell her I am not putting her down I am just hurt that you would say that to me and I just wanted an apology. I feel like I can’t even be excited for my birthday and that I can’t bring anything up ever especially if it needs to be worked on. We have been together for seven years and she is my first true love but I don’t see things changing. We do think she has bipolar which obviously needs to be checked out. But I do everything for her get up at 4 and pack her lunches, make her breakfast before work, do her laundry, rub her back and feet every night plus I call gamestop and pre order anything she wants coming out (we spend about 10k) there a year and when new pops come out she wants I will stay up all night to buy them online when they release. I love doing those things as it makes her happy and it makes me happy but how come I can’t get the same respect back on one day out of the year. I don’t ever ask for a lot just honesty and politeness from her. I have been cheated on multiple times by her and my solution was just tell me and I can forgive you I can’t forgive you if you lie to me about it, because the whole cheating thing turned into well you wouldn’t know if you didn’t have her unblocked on Facebook. I guess my question is have you ever been in this situation and even if you haven’t what would you do?

I'm so glad you came to MFP for relationship advice as I think we can give better relationship advice than anyone on the internet. I am also amazing at all advice so here is my advice to you. I find relationships a lot like lightsabers.

Every lightsaber is different from the next because the lightsaber is made for the owner. A good description of what a lightsaber can do came from the Star War website and the article “Lightsaber – Info” “In the hands of a Jedi, a lightsaber is almost unstoppable. It can be used to cut through blast doors or enemies alike. Using the Force, a Jedi can predict and deflect incoming blaster bolts, and reflect them back at the firer” (Lightsaber- Info). The idea of a portable weapon that can cut through anything is still far away from becoming reality but there is real science in the lightsaber. To get to the science let talk about how lightsabers works, what a lightsaber is composed of, and the different types of lightsabers and blades.

First, there are several different types of lightsabers to choose from. The most common type of lightsaber is the standard lightsaber. The handle is between seven to 12 inches long. The only detail that is changed can be the handle. There is a variation of the standard lightsaber called sabercane, which is a lightsaber inside the top of a cane. When the lightsaber is taken out of the cane it can be used as the standard lightsaber. The double-bladed lightsaber which is typical only used by the Sith; who are the bad guys, not like Meekseeks who is neither good nor bad but a thespian. This lightsaber is made of a single handle that the blades come out from both ends. The double-bladed is longer than the standard lightsaber but there is no standard length for the double-bladed lightsaber. The double-bladed lightsaber is now mostly made of two lightsabers put together that have a locking part in the middle of the two.

Plasma is in its own matter type. Plasma could never be put in a handle because it can get up to 45,000 degrees. Also it takes a ton of energy to uses it. Also it has no way to make it end at a length.

A lightsaber is a very complex piece of technology. There is multiply parts that have to work together inside the lightsaber that makes it work. There is some real science behind lightsabers. Maybe far of in the future we will get lightsabers but for now all a fan can do is dream about how awesome lightsabers are. So you see. Relationships are a lot like lightsabers.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to be mean...but do you have to ask for help in the situation described? You sound more like a side-piece than a spouse. We may not be getting the whole story, here. Are you dependent on you your spouse for everything? Meaning do you work? Can you support yourself, if you left? That may be the only rational reason for staying. If that is the case, you maybe can seek some legal counsel to help you. Either way, I hope this situation gets better for you.