Binge Eater what’s the best way to eat and lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For me, therapy helped ease my binges. Until I got the underlying issues under control I didn’t keep weight off. It was a long and painful path and worth every step. Good luck.
  • xionax
    xionax Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have my diary set to a lot even though I want to be eating around 1500 to lose weight. It makes me feel like I can eat more. It doesn't make me feel stuck eating less.
    (Does that make sense?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    This is tough since you're a female and (probably) don't want to get stacked. lol.

I was always a bit of a binge eater. My solution? Nutrient dense low calorie foods and intense training.

If you want to eat more.... put in the work so your body needs more! Start training like an athlete. Lift heavy weights. Increase the intensity of your conditioning. I can guarantee if you starting working towards training like a high level athlete your body will use the excess.

When you binge, binge on healthy things. Lean meats, chicken, fish, fruit, and vegetables. If you're eating a lot then make up for it in the gym! Calculate what your eating, and how many calories you need to burn to have a deficit.

You might find after awhile that you'd rather eat less then not run that extra two miles ;D. Either way it's a win-win.

Well, it's REALLY hard for women to get stacked, and it doesn't happen overnight, so I think she's safe ;)

I have found exercise extremely useful to curb my desire for emotional eating. I love getting "high" from exercise instead of food - one of the many advantages is there's none of the guilt.

Also, MFP base calories for weight loss simply aren't enough for me. I need to earn at least 500 exercise calories to get enough food to feel satisfied.