What are you insecure about?

Options

Replies

• FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    saymyname2 wrote: »
    aidydh wrote: »
    Seems like my day is going rather well. All I have felt insecure about was that someone called my Michael Kors purse "basic."

did you also have a starbucks in your hand at the time?

No, but I did throw a Starbucks caramel K-cup into the Keurig machine shortly after getting to work today.
  • FibroHiker
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I am a fully grey headed 50 year old already, I chose grow it out and be grey, but always thinking people might think I am older than I am or perhaps I should just put a couple of boxes of hair dye over it.

I did have an old man, a complete stranger walk up to me in Walmart of all places and tell me that my hair doesn't fit the rest of me. I was kind of devastated for a little while, then I said eff him, I just hope I don't get old and feel inclined to be too blunt and hurt people's feelings when its none of my business.

If I had a full head of grey hair I would rock it. Love grey hair.
  • saymyname2
    saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Seems like my day is going rather well. All I have felt insecure about was that someone called my Michael Kors purse "basic."

No, but I did throw a Starbucks caramel K-cup into the Keurig machine shortly after getting to work today.

then no worries your not "basic" LoL :D
  • saymyname2
    Options
    I really wish I could make everyone here with insecurities feel better!

Ya'll a perfect you!

a29mrgapi5xu.png
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I am a fully grey headed 50 year old already, I chose grow it out and be grey, but always thinking people might think I am older than I am or perhaps I should just put a couple of boxes of hair dye over it.

I did have an old man, a complete stranger walk up to me in Walmart of all places and tell me that my hair doesn't fit the rest of me. I was kind of devastated for a little while, then I said eff him, I just hope I don't get old and feel inclined to be too blunt and hurt people's feelings when its none of my business.

If I had a full head of grey hair I would rock it. Love grey hair.

Thanks.

Both my girls said something similar. They said to me that people are paying lots of money for going grey these days. I've been premature grey since my early forties and colored it for years and years, I took the grey hair plunge :smile:
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Definitely my body, having 3 kids wrecked my confidence :( but I’ve been working my butt off to get it back.
  • itwentthere
    itwentthere Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Used to be nothing, seems like everything now.
  • FibroHiker
    Options

then no worries your not "basic" LoL :D

I know, I know. *Sigh*
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Misreading people. And because i dont feel i get/or understand people it makes me insecure about forging friendships.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Misreading people. And because i dont feel i get/or understand people it makes me insecure about forging friendships.

Yeah, we’re gonna need you to get over this...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options

Yeah, we’re gonna need you to get over this...

:|
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    My stomach
    My teeth
    My eyes

Noooooooo

You’re perfect
  • saymyname2
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    I wouldn’t trade my three sons for anything. But they left me with a few pregnancy souvenirs I could do without.

The veins in my legs. Sure they might have been prevented...by wearing support hose...in Florida...in July.

551mvb0yw2xp.jpeg

And then there’s the wrinkly stretched out skin on my belly. Serves me right for waiting until my mid-to-late 30s to have my babies. By then my skin was not quite so elastic. And the less fat I have on my stomach, the worse those wrinkles look.

593hndw4t3np.jpeg

These might be the least flattering selfies I will ever post.

This is the most beautiful selfie i've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You my dear are amazing!
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    I wouldn’t trade my three sons for anything. But they left me with a few pregnancy souvenirs I could do without.

The veins in my legs. Sure they might have been prevented...by wearing support hose...in Florida...in July.

551mvb0yw2xp.jpeg

And then there’s the wrinkly stretched out skin on my belly. Serves me right for waiting until my mid-to-late 30s to have my babies. By then my skin was not quite so elastic. And the less fat I have on my stomach, the worse those wrinkles look.

593hndw4t3np.jpeg

These might be the least flattering selfies I will ever post. But maybe sharing them...taking ownership of my flaws...will make me little less self-conscious.

I have three sons also and can relate 100% but these are beautiful and I envy your strength to post them!!
  • michele22269
    michele22269 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    1. Hitting menopause... it's ruining my life.
    2. Losing my already super thin hair - see #1
    3. Turkey neck and looking like my mother
    4. A hysterectomy scar that changed the shape of my belly in profile
    5. Crepey, too pale, sun damaged, old lady skin
    6. German hips... read 'built like a man'
    7. My self worth
    8. Security in old age
    9. Social anxiety
    10. Being blonde

Ten's enough. I'll stop there :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    2VORNT2V wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    My eyes

The shape? The colour? The depth? The icy and devoid of warmth vibe?

What is it?

It's the lack of symmetry.. I had stitches on the top of one of my eyes when I was a kid so it kind of throws then off a bit. I might require surgery in the near future. I tend not to look people in the eye because of it. It is kind of sad
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My teeth and doing any action at all while someone is watching me over my shoulder.
  • FibroHiker
    Options
    6. German hips... read 'built like a man'

I have this too, plus broad shoulders. There are no curves on me.