Confused

Options
I gained seven pounds and I lost 2 inches . I also look thinner . I have a better shape. What’s going on I do not lift weights . I also do not have progression photos. I have to start doing that . Iam worried I made a mistake and I gained something back .. I also am really much much stronger than I was before .

Replies

• mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I often lose a couple of inches in the morning compared to the evening. Women can also bloat around that time of the month
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    Are you doing some other kind of new exercise routine other than lifting? Has your daily routine (work, commute, yard and housework -- e.g., just moved to a place with a much bigger lot and you've been clearing stumps -- or other aspect of daily life ) changed in some way with respect to physical activity?

On the other side: Lost 2 inches where? Do you have a lot of experience in taking your measurements? Are you sure you're measuring in the same place? Did you move your scale, get a new scale, or use different scales (home/gym/doctor's/family member or friend's scale)?

Over what time period have these changes taken place?
  • AnnaBanana5010
    AnnaBanana5010 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are you doing some other kind of new exercise routine other than lifting? Has your daily routine (work, commute, yard and housework -- e.g., just moved to a place with a much bigger lot and you've been clearing stumps -- or other aspect of daily life ) changed in some way with respect to physical activity?

On the other side: Lost 2 inches where? Do you have a lot of experience in taking your measurements? Are you sure you're measuring in the same place? Did you move your scale, get a new scale, or use different scales (home/gym/doctor's/family member or friend's scale)?

Yes Iam jumping rope . I lost two inches on hips and one inch everywhere . I do not have a lot of experience in taking measurements . Yes I am measuring the same place everywhere . I tripple check my measurements I made other people check. I have tried my best to be accurate. Same scale . The seven pounds I have noticed on the scale. within the past eight days . I have felt stronger within the past five weeks .
    Thank you

• AnnaBanana5010
    Options
    mywayroche wrote: »
    I often lose a couple of inches in the morning compared to the evening. Women can also bloat around that time of the month
    I should measure at night too .
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options

Yes Iam jumping rope . I lost two inches on hips and one inch everywhere . I do not have a lot of experience in taking measurements . Yes I am measuring the same place everywhere . I tripple check my measurements I made other people check. I have tried my best to be accurate. Same scale . The seven pounds I have noticed on the scale. within the past eight days . I have felt stronger within the past five weeks .
    Thank you

It's not clear from what you write, but if you have lost two inches on your hips in the eight days that you mention for the weight change, that is not a change in body mass (fat, muscle, etc.). That is either user error in measuring or a change in hydration.

What are you trying to accomplish? (i.e., what is your goal?) What is your start weight? What do you mean by feeling stronger? Are you tracking your calories?
  • AnnaBanana5010
    Options

Thank you

It's not clear from what you write, but if you have lost two inches on your hips in the eight days that you mention for the weight change, that is not a change in body mass (fat, muscle, etc.). That is either user error in measuring or a change in hydration.

What are you trying to accomplish? (i.e., what is your goal?) What is your start weight? What do you mean by feeling stronger? Are you tracking your calories?

I tried to be as clear as possible . My goal is to loose fat. I have a lot of fat to loose. Iam really thirsty all the time . Iam trying to keep up with this . I was able to drag a very heavy bench from storage into someone’s house . I was able to do so much yard work every day without getting tired . I have much better balance . Iam definitely tracking my calories.
  • Nadspee
    Nadspee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Having more energy could be anything. Maybe you're sleeping better? Drinking more caffeine? Feeling more motivated because of nice weather? Jumping rope will improve your balance, how long have you been at it?

Also, what's the problem? Are you upset you gained 7 pounds? Everything else sounds great. You probably just need to drink more water and take a poo.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    I could easily gain seven pounds of water weight if I eat Chinese food while I'm premenstrual plus get some extra activity.

I also retain water when I ovulate.

Where are you in your menstrual cycle?

I find it more useful to compare my weight to last month than last week.
  • AnnaBanana5010
    edited June 2018
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I could easily gain seven pounds of water weight if I eat Chinese food while I'm premenstrual plus get some extra activity.

I also retain water when I ovulate.

Where are you in your menstrual cycle?

I find it more useful to compare my weight to last month than last week.
    Iam cycle day 16.... pms is supposed to start for me on the 24 th .. Sometimes I swear it comes earlier .. that’s a great idea month to month . Thank you so much .
  • AnnaBanana5010
    Options
    Nadspee wrote: »
    Having more energy could be anything. Maybe you're sleeping better? Drinking more caffeine? Feeling more motivated because of nice weather? Jumping rope will improve your balance, how long have you been at it?

Also, what's the problem? Are you upset you gained 7 pounds? Everything else sounds great. You probably just need to drink more water and take a poo.
    Jumping rope a few months . Iam looking forward to being able to do more and longer . I should do five minutes a day. Iam worried about the seven pounds because Iam really overweight and Iam trying so hard to fix it . Thank you for your help .
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If you are very overweight, please be very careful about your knees. Jumping rope is a great exercise but can be hard on your knees. Add time slowly and remember that weight loss is about eating fewer calories--exercise can only make a small difference in changing your weight. You will feel better with exercise, but not if you hurt yourself and can't do any. Good luck, and good for you, getting started.