Post weight loss - tummy tuck/excess skin removal experiences?

Hi everyone. I hope this is in the appropriate topic, as I couldn't find exactly where it fits in.

I am a 21 year old female whos lost about 35 pounds so far. Because of how big I was/am, I have always known that one day I will need plastic surgery to get my body where I want it to be (I know not everyone is a fan of it, but please don't post just to argue against it). I know that I am not yet physically ready, but I am also clueless to the process. For those of you who have gotten a tummy tuck or excess skin removal after weight loss - when did you start going to consultations? I would like to see my options, pick a surgeon, get an idea of cost, etc. but I also do not want to come across as wasting anyone's time seeing as I have not even lost all of the weight yet.

Also, I would love any tips on any part of the process as I have a lot to learn.

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    I had a circumferential abdominoplasty--tummy tuck and butt lift.

There are pretty significant consequences to the surgery that you will have to live with forever. It was a good fit for me now at this point in my life. But you need to consider scarring and numbness that will be there forever.

Also, a note about what AnnPT77 posted above about true loose skin being thin like wrinkly fabric. As you can see my stomach is not like that but still clearly has sub-cutaneous fat in the before pic. However, the doctors said it would be very difficult to ever lose that fat to get to the fabric thickness. And he said if I tried I would look emaciated in my face and rib area.

Feel free to ask away with any questions!

@JulieSHelms Where do you feel the numbness? Does it last forever?

I think I’m going to be I. The same boat with my stomach...have lost 60, legs, hips, arms look pretty good but stomach is still bigger proportionately. Am going to lose up to another 8 lbs and see if I begin to look gaunt. Thank you for posting this info!!!!