I need motivation to work two jobs , any ideas

Options

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ever needed to move out was a sugardaddy. I mean, I still can’t touch my toes without feeling sad, but I think it worked out for the best.
  • starfighter65
    starfighter65 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The ole saying less is more .
  • dniania
    dniania Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    You need much, much less than you think you do.

What do you mean
  • dniania
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

This is a good point too. Sometimes, you think you need it until you have it, then its just crap you dont even appreciate.

what I think I need:

A bed & a dresser
    Breakfast table and chairs
    Sofa & chair, lamps and a Table or two
    Media stand
    Television & (killer) Stereo & Computer / Printer
    Desk & Task Chair w/ proper lighting
    Clothing
    Full Kitchen
    Washer & Dryer

.... what am I missing?

Your sanity?

But in seriousness, op is a woman. Women tend to get caught up on throw pillows and little things like that.

Can’t lie this is true i want my first apartment to be great! But it seems like everyone i go over a list of things i need I’m missing aomething
  • dniania
    Options
    You might be mentally ready to move out but you are not financially ready to move out, least not with what you think you need.

Do you live near any colleges/universities?

No i have a good job that pays me $16.91 but i don’t think that’s enough for me to have everything i want in my apartment,
  • dniania
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I think if you have to work two jobs to afford the rent, you can't afford the rent and you have an inkling that's true. That's where you hesitation comes from maybe? Maybe look for a shared arrangement to start off with.

I can afford the rent with my full time job alone but for my furniture and things I want in my house i want a second job
  • dniania
    Options
    I’ve bought a bed ,mattress,pillows,i have covers,towels,shampoo.toothpaste,menstrual pads,dish and washing detergent,cookware,eating utensils, cleaning supplies

I haven’t bought a couch,food,Knick knacks that i want to make my apartment feel like “Shanias”
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Look into renting a fully furnished place. Things were in a rocky place with my marriage a while back. I contacted a guy that had his duplex listed as a vacation rental and asked him what he would charge by the month. Ended up being the same price as renting an unfurnished apartment/home with no lease. Win/win.
  • dniania
    Options
    dniania wrote: »
    I’ve bought a bed ,mattress,pillows,i have covers,towels,shampoo.toothpaste,menstrual pads,dish and washing detergent,cookware,eating utensils, cleaning supplies

I haven’t bought a couch,food,Knick knacks that i want to make my apartment feel like “Shanias”

You don't need that stuff to move out. You'll get it soon. No one moves out and right into the perfect apartment or house they want. It takes time to make it yours!

i lived in a dirty motel for two weeks you can live without Knick knacks for a while :lol:

Lol i feel like i have nothing though.... honestly i want a kitchen table etc ... it really takes a lot to Build a home
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

What do you mean

We moved into our apartment with a couple target sacks of stuff. We bought things as we needed them, and we realized we needed less than we ever thought.
  • dniania
    Options
    The only reason i went a second job is because my job takes two hours from me sometimes when work slake i don’t wanna fall behind and struggle
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    So just do it. Work 2 jobs get the stuff you need then quit.
  • dniania
    Options
    I think if you have to work two jobs to afford the rent, you can't afford the rent and you have an inkling that's true. That's where you hesitation comes from maybe? Maybe look for a shared arrangement to start off with.

I can afford the rent with my full time job alone but for my furniture and things I want in my house i want a second job

Oh I see. That's understandable. If you only work two jobs temporarily that could be tolerable and work out okay. I have some of the same kitchen stuff and even some of the same organizing accessories I bought 20+ and 30+ years ago. I was always glad to have that stuff.
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    So just do it. Work 2 jobs get the stuff you need then quit.

Recommendations for any easy part time jobs lol? I work at a warehouse so i do heavy lifting i want my part time to be something light
  • dniania
    Options

Oh I see. That's understandable. If you only work two jobs temporarily that could be tolerable and work out okay. I have some of the same kitchen stuff and even some of the same organizing accessories I bought 20+ and 30+ years ago. I was always glad to have that stuff.

Yeah i just want my first apartment and bedroom to be nice , i don’t know what easy part time jobs i could do other than fast food... i already work in a warehouse so i rather my part time be easy
  • dniania
    Options
    You might be mentally ready to move out but you are not financially ready to move out, least not with what you think you need.

No i have a good job that pays me $16.91 but i don’t think that’s enough for me to have everything i want in my apartment,

Apologies if my message sounded as if I was implying you can’t finacially afford to move. I was as trying to say you’re not ready if you think you need all of your wants. I understand the desire to want to move and have everything already but it’s really difficult to do that all at once. You can move and purchase your immediate wants or you can stay where you are and while you have the surplus of income, save to purchase them. Another option, and why I asked if you lived near a college is student housing. My first place was in student housing. A 2 bedroom and I had a friend lined up to live with. The rent was cheap and they come furnished so it gave me the ability to save while living there and when I moved into my own place alone I had the money to buy my own stuff. Some people will care that you’re in school but most if you are willling to move in the summer and give them the income they wouldn’t otherwise have don’t care. Two jobs I wouldn’t recommend. It’s extremely exhausting and you should be out enjoying being on your own for the first time.

Lol i didn’t know people didn’t move out with furniture i thought i needed everything lol
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Apologies if my message sounded as if I was implying you can’t finacially afford to move. I was as trying to say you’re not ready if you think you need all of your wants. I understand the desire to want to move and have everything already but it’s really difficult to do that all at once. You can move and purchase your immediate wants or you can stay where you are and while you have the surplus of income, save to purchase them. Another option, and why I asked if you lived near a college is student housing. My first place was in student housing. A 2 bedroom and I had a friend lined up to live with. The rent was cheap and they come furnished so it gave me the ability to save while living there and when I moved into my own place alone I had the money to buy my own stuff. Some people will care that you’re in school but most if you are willling to move in the summer and give them the income they wouldn’t otherwise have don’t care. Two jobs I wouldn’t recommend. It’s extremely exhausting and you should be out enjoying being on your own for the first time.

Lol i didn’t know people didn’t move out with furniture i thought i needed everything lol

Ha.

When I lived at the beach, i owned 2 bicycles, a great stereo & some clothes.....

I borrowed a matress from a friend and just threw it on the floor.

Life was good.