Replies

• stefnicole
    stefnicole Posts: 106
    Options
    bump!
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We're smoking a wild sockeye fillet tomorrow - so satisfying, so addicting, so many ways to use it the next day (in salads, pasta, whatever.) Usually it gets a rub of Chinese 5 spice, salt, pepper or cayenne and a little agave nectar or honey. We may change it a little, who knows. We like to use alder wood for fish. Can't wait!
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to marinate mine in a little bit of teriyaki sauce with brown sugar (another user suggested maple syrup instead). wrap in foil and bake at 350 for 10 minutes per 1" thickness of filet + add 10 minutes for the foil (so 1.5" filet you bake for 25 minutes).

Delish!

Serve with baked sweet potato and steamed broccoli!

That's exactly what I do! My mom loves it this way and she doesn't even like the taste of salmon.
  • sheroto
    sheroto Posts: 1
    Options
    Make a marinade of approximately 1/3 cup of soya sauce, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, grate a little lemon zest, juice of half a lemon, grate a little fresh ginger and garlic and a splash of olive oil. Marinade for an hour or two and then barbeque. It is awesome...the outside carmelizes...it is to die for!

I just started eating salmon myself this year and now I can't get enough!

Also, if you have leftovers, it's delicious in a pasta salad (I use bowties) with asparagus, red onion and black olives, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
  • ivette512
    ivette512 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I season with salt and pepper then pop in the oven. When its almost cooked I start to glaze it with Terryaki Sauce. I serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli.

hmmmm. Maybe I'll pick some up for today.
  • Ann9255
    Ann9255 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I Put Cajun on mine!