Eat healthy all day.... all week... weekend comes #cantstopwontstop eating sweets. Please help me.

Options
2»

Replies

• itzmrfranco
    itzmrfranco Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So basically on my way home from work on my “day5” I just feel like ahhhh weekend relax time and my cravings kick in like a MF. During the week I’ll have like a snack like pastry.. small bag of chips( if I’m craving salt and vinegar)... or like a little candy bar. It’s just the weekends that roll around and I’m struggling to fight the sweet tooth. I will give in on days thinking if I do this now I won’t on weekend... but I’m wrong lol. I will definitely try some deatressing. Could be it. After all I’m in law enforcement and there’s stress that you don’t even think of after work that still effects mind and body. I appreciate all your advices. I have 3 days left at work with some overtime... I’ll keep you all posted on my weekend... and send pics of whatever it is I end up going overboard on
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Someone help me figure out how to stop eating sweets on my weekend. I do IF. Eat really well no slip ups. Weekend comes. On my way home from work I smell pastries I see cookies and I can’t fight it. I eat like 4 cookies a bagel some cake .... what do I do....??

Why would you want to completely give up sweets? Giving up things that one really enjoys is what usually leads to binge eating. So long as you remain in a deficit, a few sweets are fine.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth too! I’ve found what works best for me is being prepared. Like on fridays when we always get doughnuts in the office, I’ll bring a protein cookie from home. I also love the fiber one brownies (90 calories). Or if I know it’s something I don’t want to resist, I’ll save calories for it. You are not alone!
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Chocolate is my Achilles heel and if I stay away from it too long I binge- the cycle is real for many of us!

Not sure if these are helpful but I try to either
    A) limit/calorie wise my portions of daily sweets (really digging Greek yogurt covered almonds rn- but a couple of oreos or muffin would do)
    B ) only eat it if I bake it. That GREATLY reduces my chances of eating it because I need to have the ingredients/ time for it. Some people think well then you have a sheet pan of brownies- not if I package them once they’re cooled and bring the extra to work and keep a few for myself!
    C) treat it like an addiction. Not sure if anyone lives with addiction but as someone in recovery there are some things I absolutely MUST stay away from, no questions. It’s difficult but it’s what’s best for my life and long term health

Good luck! Trial and error! It doesn’t matter if you fall down seven times, what matters is you get up eight (incredibly loosely translated Japanese proverb)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Why be so brutally strict with yourself during the week, giving up all of the foods you love only to eat all the things on the weekend. You look fit as a fiddle and IF when it's done every single day is simply skipping meals. With your job, how do you feel at the end of the day or before you go to bed. It would help to have some context as why you are doing IF. Skipping meals, eating through the window.

Do you work nights. Circadian rhythms matter. If you have swing shifts, double shifts, no sleep this could be why your body wants to eat all of the things on the weekend. When our sleep patterns are disrupted the body craves a lorra lorra sugar to make up for the sleep deficit but that only digs a much deeper hole.

Why not track your stats and eat what you enjoy every single day. It takes the mind warp away for the weekends. I don't do planned 'cheat' meals or planned food benders. That doesn't work for me. Cheat meals can easily become Cheat days and giant month hunks of Cheat seasons.