Does anyone else feel super fat at Madame Tussauds? (wax museum)

Options
2»

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I feel fat next to the whales at Seaworld.

jk — I would never go to Seaworld. Go to an art museum and check out the luscious ladies of just about every period of European art up to Modern.

But no wax celebrities :cry:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I don't feel super fat there, but I do feel insanely tall. Lots of famous people are SHORT! And I'm not that tall a person!

Also, the last time I visited, I got smug satisfaction out of doing stupid stuff:

o05fnea0x1q9.jpg
    7ovm61fyzgal.jpg
    bp2tsct918ml.jpg

These were on display years ago and were a traveling exhibit. :)

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    @CanesGalactica Your pictures are definately more fun then mine :-) I'll have to go back someday, hopefully there is something similar in Australia. I went to the one in London.

You should! The traveling exhibits always get new stuff as does the one in Hollywood (if you ever get to visit it).

Those pictures are kinda old (from 2011). I wish I still looked like that, lol. Still, what I learned from wax statues is that most of the people they portray are super short and that I look like a giantess next to *most* of them, even if I was rail thin (which I'm not).

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    It has been years since I have been there but most celebrities that I have met in person were extremely skinny. Even some of the ones that seem "curvy" on TV like Halle Berry and Tyra Banks were tiny. Nicholas Cage was very tall and skinny. The camera does add 10 lbs.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that just like us mere mortals, celebrities have their ups and downs when it comes to weight. But wax museums tend to immortalize stars at their best. So you would be more likely to find a Cheers era Kirstie Alley than a figure from her Fat Actress days. Or a Cat on a Hot Tin Roof sized Liz Taylor than a replica of her in later years.

I remember seeing a photo of Kim Kardashian next to her wax image, and the real Kim was somewhat larger (although no less artificial looking).

As far as mirrors, I find them hard to trust. Even at my gym there are some that are more flattering than others. If I stand in front of one that makes me look taller and slimmer, I know I am only fooling myself...but if I stand by one where my reflection is short and dumpy, I get depressed.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Keep in mind that just like us mere mortals, celebrities have their ups and downs when it comes to weight. But wax museums tend to immortalize stars at their best. So you would be more likely to find a Cheers era Kirstie Alley than a figure from her Fat Actress days. Or a Cat on a Hot Tin Roof sized Liz Taylor than a replica of her in later years.

I remember seeing a photo of Kim Kardashian next to her wax image, and the real Kim was somewhat larger (although no less artificial looking).

As far as mirrors, I find them hard to trust. Even at my gym there are some that are more flattering than others. If I stand in front of one that makes me look taller and slimmer, I know I am only fooling myself...but if I stand by one where my reflection is short and dumpy, I get depressed.

How could you tell which was the real life Kardashian and which was the wax figure? Both of them are pretty much all plastic. :lol: